A man has been charged following investigations into Friday night’s tragic fatal crash at Orchard Hills.
About 7.40pm on Friday, a Mazda 3 travelling south on the Northern Road, near Glenmore Parkway at Orchard Hills, collided with a Nissan Tiida travelling north.
23-year-old Katherine Hoang, who was pregnant with twins, and her 17-year-old sister-in-law Anh Hoang were killed in the crash. Mrs Hoang’s unborn babies did not survive, while her husband Bronco remains in hospital.
Following inquiries, about 7pm last night, investigators attended Westmead Hospital, where the 29-year-old driver of the Mazda was charged with the following offences:
– Manslaughter (x2)
– Aggravated dangerous driving occasioning grievous bodily harm
– Aggravated dangerous driving occasioning death (x2)
– Cause bodily harm by misconduct
– Unlicensed – License expired less than 2 years
– Negligent driving occasioning death (x2)
– Negligent driving occasioning grievous bodily harm
He was refused bail and is due to appear via bedside hearing at Parramatta Bail Court today.