There are currently no vacancies at The Western Weekender. If you’d like us to keep your resume on file for a sales, editorial, production or administration position, send an email to email@example.com.
The Weekender has a proud partnership with Jobs Available Western Sydney. Here’s their latest jobs listings:
The Royal Cricketers Arms is a small yet busy heritage listed venue. Built in 1880 Royal Cricketers Arms is a local favourite for it's charming beer garden and innovative menu.
Open 7 days a week from 11am, RCA caters to a wide variety of guests who enjoy exceptional service and delicious food.
To be successful in this position you will need to possess the following traits and skills set.
• Previous experience in a similar environment
• A positive attitude with a strong work ethic and strong communication skills
• Able to work individually and in a team environment
• Able to work consistently and efficiently in a fast-paced high pressure environment.
• Great organisation skills
• Available to work a flexible roster including days, nights and weekends
In return, we provide a great working environment, attractive remuneration and the chance to work with a great team of people.
In addition, we also offer many opportunities for development and career progression.
If you have flair and a passion for food click apply now or email firstname.lastname@example.org
#jobs #jobsavailable #positionsvacant #prospect
Loreto Normanhurst is a leading Catholic, independent day and boarding school for girls in Years 5-12.
We are currently seeking a permanent, part time experienced Receptionist to work from 12:30pm to 5.00pm Monday – Friday. This role involves being the first point of contact for the Senior School and undertaking some administrative duties.
The successful candidate will have previous experience in a busy receptionist role with proven ability to manage and effectively communicate with internal and external stakeholders. Candidates must be proactive, flexible and friendly with sound Microsoft Office experience. Previous experience in a school environment will be advantageous.
To be considered for this role, please complete a Loreto Normanhurst Employment Application Form – Support and Operations and forward it together with your CV and cover letter to email@example.com by the closing date listed. Applications that do not include the above-mentioned documents will not be considered.
Please visit our website for more information about this role and details of the application process.
Closing Date: 10am COB Monday 21 January 2019
All staff are expected to actively support the Catholic, and specifically Loreto, ethos of the school. The successful applicant will be required to obtain and maintain a valid Working with Children Check from the Office of the Children’s Guardian.
#jobs #jobsavailable #positionsvacant #normanhurst
A very busy cafe in Blacktown is looking out for experienced and very energetic wait staff.
If you love a rush and like challenging yourself, then we could be great for you. If you have at least 2 years’ experience and possible even some barista experience, we would love to hear from you.
So what’s on offer?
• Competitive hourly rate.
• Complementary staff meals when working.
• Training from an operator with over 30 years experience.
• Full time hours.
• Having a stable work/ life balance is very important to us.
What we expect.
• Being punctual.
• Enthusiastic and care about your job.
• Have fun doing what your doing.
Please send your resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org Only short list applicants will be contacted.
#jobs #jobsavailable #positionsvacant #blacktown
• Permanent Part Time, 30 hours per week
• Location: Bella Vista
• $41.35 per hour + salary packaging + 9.5% superannuation
Interrelate is a community based, not-for-profit organisation that has been a leading provider of quality relationship services in New South Wales since 1926. We have a network of centres across metropolitan, regional and rural New South Wales. Each year, we help over 70,000 individuals, couples, families and children to develop better communication, effective solutions and strong relationships.
We are currently seeking a dedicated and experienced Relationship Counsellor for Relationship Services Centre in Bella Vista. The Relationship Services Centre offers a variety of services to our clients including counselling for families, couples, individuals and children and group relationship support programs.
This role is responsible for conducting counselling sessions with clients (individual, couples, family and child counselling) with an emphasis on the impact of the presenting issue on the family and/or relationship, along with facilitating groups, seminars and workshops for clients and case planning and management processes with clients and stakeholders internally and externally. This role will also conduct child consultations in accordance with clinical procedures (where required and appropriately qualified).
This role will be required to work some evenings and travel to outreach locations within the region.
1. Relevant tertiary requirements for this position include:
a. degree in psychology, behavioural or social science and/or counselling
b. completed training in providing counselling to children and young people such as CHCFCS804B or completed relevant training in child counselling
2. Experience working with one or more of the following, individuals, men, couples, families and children
3. Knowledge of child development, child protection, mandatory reporting, suicide prevention/intervention and family violence issues
4. Understanding of trauma informed principles
5. Understanding of the impact of family separation and breakdown on children, and having skills in managing high parental conflict whilst upholding the best interests of children
6. Demonstrated skills in casework with clients, implementing and supporting case plans
7. Experience facilitating groups in a welfare setting
To reward staff for their 100% commitment we offer competitive employment conditions in the industry including:
• Salary Sacrificing and Packaging Options (superannuation, loans, credit cards, school fees)
• Additional days of paid leave on top of standard leave entitlements
• Salaries pitched at the top end of the market
• Training, Mentoring, Supervision and access to Resources
• Access to support through the Employee Assistance Program
• Opportunities for multi skilling and up-skilling
• High level of diversity in role
• Excellent working environment
Please submit your resume along with a cover letter addressing the 7 key requirements as listed in the job ad to email@example.com with subject line: Application – Counsellor, Bella Vista
Closing Date: COB Thursday 24 January 2019
Please note: To be considered for this vacancy your application must address the selection criteria as outline in the job ad.
All Interrelate positions require satisfactory completion of relevant Police and Working with Children Checks. Interrelate services are funded by the Australian Government
#jobs #jobsavailable #positionsvacant #bellavista
MP RAIL PTY LTD
• Coordinating the day-to-day operation of the office to ensure efficient outcomes. You would be the first point of contact. Answering calls, maintaining office supplies, filing, copying, maintaining databases, accepting deliveries, getting messages to staff and personnel. ensuring smooth daily operations of our company and the services it provides
• Provide exceptional customer service to internal and external stakeholders
• Assist in accounts payable process
• Assist in payroll process
• Assist in the following processes: superannuation contributions, long service leave reporting, insurance processes, WHS procedures, payroll tax
• Assist with maintaining office management systems
• Providing support in HR functions including managing the induction process and assisting with the implementation of the workplace health and safety management plan
• Provide administrative support for our team, including Managing Director
• Undertake and complete any other duties as requested by Management
• High level of written and non-written communication skills
• A willingness to learn
• Excellent organisation skills in including the ability to determine priorities, meet regular deadlines and solve general issues
• Able to work discreetly with sensitive and confidential information
• Takes pride in high attention to detail and accuracy
• Punctual and reliable
• Positive attitude and proactive
• Work well in a team environment
• Can work unsupervised
• High level of written and verbal communications skills
• Ability to work through tasks whilst managing interruptions from phone calls, deliveries or team requests all done with a smile
• Someone who is confident, well organised and can take ownership and contribute as a key member of our team
• Ability to cope under pressure
• Problem solving
• Time management and ability to meet deadlines
• have a willingness to build customer relationships, new and existing
• Positive, proactive professional approach and willingness to 'own the job' until completion
The successful candidate will have gained experience in a similar role, be competent in MYOB or similar accounting software and experience in the rail industry will be advantageous.
Please send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org - Please do not source other contacts within the company to submit application.
#jobs #jobsavailable #positionsvacant #penrith
Pegasus Print Group is currently seeking a motivated individual interested in taking on an apprenticeship in the printing industry.
We are looking to employ someone that will bring the commitment and willingness to learn the many diverse elements of the Printing Trade, in particular within our labels department.
The successful applicant will require the following:
• Minimum Year 10 education
• Excellent eye for detail
• Demonstrated exceptional work ethic
• Good communication skills
As an apprentice, you will learn the necessary skills, while working with state of the art machinery to become a successful tradesman. Some of these skills will include the ability to set up and run machinery efficiently to produce high quality products that excel the standards of customer needs.
Reporting to the Shift Supervisor you will be working under the guidance of a Qualified Printer and your key responsibilities will be:
• Running & trouble shooting label printing machinery
• Machine Set up
• Basic Maintenance
• Maintaining and complying with work safety standards
• Employment Training
At the end of your 4 year apprenticeship you will receive a nationally recognized Certificate III in Printing (Graphic Arts).
We will also consider existing 1st or 2nd year apprentices.
The role offers a highly organised, focused and energetic individual the opportunity to put their expertise into practice in a responsive and professional organisation striving for "Distinction". Versatility and flexibility will be integral to your success.
To apply forward your covering letter and resume to email@example.com
We thank you for your application, however only short listed candidates will be contacted.
No agencies please.
#jobs #jobsavailable #positionsvacant #blacktown
Guardian Building Services
We require a person to work Mon-Thurs at Penrith in Trade store. Must have exp in MYOB,
Excel, Word and good English. Needs to be friendly, hard working, reliable, honest and be
able to work on own from time to time.
Resume to be sent firstname.lastname@example.org
#jobs #jobsavailable #positionsvacant #penrith
Chairside Dental Assistant in Orthodontic practice Blacktown
Our modern orthodontic practice is looking for a full four days a week (on weekdays) and occasional Saturday mornings. we can provide training.
Desirable Attitude & Skills:
• Good listening and computer skills.
• Working well within a team.
• Good attention to detail.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
If you believe you have the above quality, and passionate about customer service and healthy life style, please call Sherry on 0414670306, before sending your resumes.
#jobs #jobsavailable #positionsvacant #blacktown
The Hungry Baker at Eastern Creek is looking for a vibrant barista to join our team. We currently have positions available at both shops.
Must have minimum 2-3yrs experience. Able to adjust grind according to the taste of coffee. Be able to do bulk orders smoothly with a smile.
We are looking for long term and full time Mon - Fri from 5.30am to 3pm
If Interested call Terry or message on 0415 858 584 or email email@example.com #jobs #jobsavailable #positionsvacant #easterncreek
• People focused culture where strong performance is rewarded
• Benefit from ongoing training and development
If you are a driven, intelligent and caring professional that wants to help clients be better off - then we are looking for you.
This is a great opportunity for a results-orientated Accountants to join our Business Services team in our Penrith office.
Kelly+Partners is one of the country’s most progressive and fast-growing accounting firms looking after private business owners and high net worth individuals. As an organisation, everything we do is guided by a set of principles that define our character and culture. As a team we strive to live out our values each and every day:
• Want the Best For Others
• Does What They Say
• Every Client A Raving Fan
• One Team, One Best Way
• Brightness of Future
• Profit Leader
Are you someone that wants to work in an organisation that is committed to offering the best service and opportunities to our clients and our team?
ABOUT THE ROLE
This position will have responsibility for the following:
• Preparation of management reports, financial statements and tax returns for individual, partnership, company, trust clients and super funds
• Preparation of FBT returns
• Liaise with various statutory authorities on behalf of clients including the ATO and ASIC
• Work with the Client Director, Manager and the team to ensure client work is completed within the time frame allocated
• Preparation of correspondence to clients and other bodies as required
To be successful in this role you will have the following skills and attributes:
• Degree qualified
• CA (intention to start or already completed)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong organisational skills and attention to detail
• Committed to providing exceptional service to our clients
• Proactive, self-motivated and enthusiastic
• Experience in a Chartered Accounting practice
• MYOB AE, AE Tax and Accounting, Xero, & QuickBooks an Advantage
• MS Excel and MS Word software experience essential
You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this role.
HOW TO APPLY
Please complete the requested work history & education information on the application page (You are welcome to include any certificates or licences in the education section) as we are not requesting a cover letter or resume at this stage. This is to assist us in assessing your suitability for this role. Shortlisted applicants may be requested to submit a resume at a later date.
This is the perfect opportunity to join a supportive team environment where the company rewards its employees.
Apply Now using the following link https://kellypartners.expr3ss.com/jobDetails?selectJob=55& #jobs #jobsavailable #positionsvacant #penrith
Would you like to be part of a team of Allied Health Care Professionals in one Ryde’s longest standing Centres?
OnePointHealth is a modern, progressive brand delivering the highest quality healthcare through services including Podiatry, Physiotherapy, Exercise Physiology, Massage Therapy as well as a Specialty Footwear and Custom Orthotics designed onsite and manufactured in our Lab – www.onepointhealth.com.au.
This position is a permanent full-time traineeship role, assisting in the daily running of our reception area. The role will involve a wide range of tasks from providing our patients with great customer service to administrative duties, but not limited too;
- Manage the administrative needs of patient or potential patients.
- Manage appointment taking via phone or in person at the front desk.
- Confirm appointments for the following day.
- Provide administrative support to all practitioners.
- Maintain a clean and tidy practice.
- Manage the administrative needs of patient payments through Hicaps, Eftpos and Medicare.
Our ideal candidate….
- Enthusiastic and hardworking.
- Able to multitask efficiently.
- Passionate, driven individual who places emphasis on their personal growth and career success.
- Willing to give 100% to achieving and exceeding expectations constantly.
- You love being a part of a great team and enjoy having fun.
- Understanding of Microsoft Office applications and the willingness to learn our practice management software.
- Punctual and has pride in appearance.
What we can offer:
- Internal healthcare staff only benefits for our array of services.
- A fresh, modern fit out.
- A brilliant culture amongst staff.
- Onsite staff parking.
If you feel you have all the necessary skills and would love to join our team, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the email, briefly tell us why you are the ideal person for this role.
#jobs #jobsavailable #positionsvacant #ryde
WMA are currently seeking Night shift Labourer's to join a large trades and services crew based in Eastern Creek. You will be required to maintain Various Static Machinery, removing and cleaning Parts and in and around the workshop.
This is a great opportunity to align with one of the Industries best in the Building and Construction game with potential for ongoing work for the next 6 months and view to go permanent if you have the right attitude. You will be required to hold valid current Working at Heights and Confined Space Tickets to be considered for the work.
• General Labour duties
• Cleaning Machinery
• Removing Parts as Required
• Removing accumulated build up Debris
• Great Pay Rates: $37.05 per hour on NIGHT SHIFT Superannuation
• If suitable and experienced - Start Immediately
• 6 Months worth of ongoing work
• 38 Hours a week, Monday -Friday OT as required
• Work in the heart of Eastern Creek
• Must be available to start immediately
• Be Physically fit and Motivated
• Current white card
• Working at Heights Ticket -Essential
• Confined Space Ticket - Essential
• EWP Ticket - Highly regarded
• Able to Attend an interview in our Blacktown office- If suitable for the position.
• Ability to work in a Team
• Own transport preferred but not essential
• 2 contactable references.
• Sound understanding of OH&S Practices
• Clear verbal communication
• Maintain High level of quality and attention to detail
If you meet the above requirements please APPLY NOW OR Contact; ·Tracy - M:0423 220 488 or Brooke on 0401 524 507
#jobs #jobsavailable #positionsvacant #easterncreek
Ugly Mug Café
Looking for your next exciting hospitality role? Do you want to work for a great employer with a great team? We want you!
We are seeking an energetic Café Barista / all-rounder to join the team at our vibrant Ugly Mug Café located in Richmond NSW
This will be a great opportunity for someone looking to build on their existing hospitality experience.
• Outstanding customer service to all customers, seating and taking orders
• Food & beverage preparation and service in a timely/efficient manner
• Excellent skills and knowledge about coffee
• General cleaning duties as needed
• Cash handling tasks including taking payments, etc.
• 2 years’ experience within an established fast paced café/restaurant
• Excellent customer service skills
• Ability to think on your feet and solve problems with a smile
• Barista skills and experience preferred
Must be available on weekdays and weekends are a must in this industry. Must have work rights in Australia
If this sounds like you, APPLY NOW to email@example.com
#jobs #jobsavailable #positionsvacant #richmond
Penrith Bowling Club
We are looking for a motivated individual to fill our full time Apprentice Greenkeeper role. Job involves on the job training and completion of Cert III in Sports Turf Management. Under the supervision of our experienced Greenkeeper, you will learn all forms of landscaping and maintenance of our three bowling greens and surrounds.
No experience necessary.
Forward resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
#jobs #jobsavailable #positionsvacant #penrith
Oh Zone Penrith
Looking for honest reliable self-motivated 18+ yo, team player to join our retail team in Penrith’s biggest Adult Store.
Must be able to work roster involving days/night/weekends. Retail Experience preferred. Training and uniform provided. Several positions available for minimum of 4 x 6hr shifts. Fluent English clean police record and neat appearance essential.
To apply, please email Maria.email@example.com or call 95536995.
#jobs #jobsavailable #positionsvacant #penrith
Shine Music School is in need of solid team members to cope with the growth over 2019. You'll be responsible for teaching students the joy of music and watching them improve over time! You will adopt the position of Happiness Ambassador for our all our students. We're all about excellence in everything we do and if you're like us, you know how satisfying that can be!
This is a great opportunity for someone serious about music education and the ability to give every student a smile.
With locations in both Parramatta and Chatswood Shine Music School is looking for motivated music teachers that will enjoy teaching our motivated students.
We are looking for music teachers who are skilled and love to teach:
To apply for the position please follow the below procedure:
Interviews held January 7 - 27
If you are reliable, resourceful and willing to be part of something special, grab a pad and a pen and call this number NOW!: (02) 90995638. You’ll be required to leave a voicemail message (no longer than 2 minutes) and it should contain the following information in order:
Name (Spell surname)
Contact phone number
Position you are applying for
How you heard about this position
Tell us 3 great things about yourself
#jobs #jobsavailable #positionsvacant #parramatta #chatswood
Test centre Assistant and General Hand
Automated sorting has been used in the mining industry for over 40 years. The process allows the upgrade of ore material by the removal of barren material.
The distinction is made using an examination and separation system to analyse different characteristics of the material at high speeds on a rock by rock basis.
TOMRA is the world leader in this highly specialised field of sensor-based sorting technology,
As a result of growth, the Sydney office of TOMRA has an exciting opportunity for a dynamic person who can work as part of a close-knit team in a demanding environment.
The role includes:
• Ore sample preparation: Running screening, crushing and sorting systems, driving forklift, bagging and packaging samples
• Proper labeling and data entry: Basic Microsoft Excel and Word tasks, diligent data entry
• Cleaning and organising test centre: Manual handling, cleaning.
• Packing and preparing crates for shipping: Picking customer orders, packaging
• Receiving stock: Checking against shipping lists, manual handling, forklift driving, data entry
KEY QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
• Must have year 10 or preferably year 12
• MS Office skills
• Must be prepared to undergo forklift licence training
• Must be able to pass a “Fit For Work” medical for the mining environment.
• May be subject to random drug and alcohol tests and police clearance
• Australian or international driver’s licence essential
• Able to handle the physical demands of manual handling of mineral samples
• Fluent in spoken and written English
To apply please send a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
No correspondence will be entered into with employment agents at this stage.
#jobs #jobsavailable #positionsvacant #castlehill
Specialist Clinic Pharmacy
• Flexible availability across the week, including Saturdays
• Able to work towards defined targets and performance goals
• Start January 2019
Specialist Clinic Pharmacy is looking to fill a number of positions for high calibre Pharmacy Assistants to help us further our mission of providing exceptional patient-care and top-tier customer service to the local community.
We’re looking for people who have the right attitude, work ethic, personality and energy to complement and add value to our existing team.
You’ll be on the “front-line” of our business, supporting our customers and pharmacists. Your responsibilities will include helping pharmacists fulfil prescriptions, helping customers in a retail setting, merchandising, and ensuring our pharmacy operates effectively and efficiently.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate:
• Exceptional customer service skills and a natural tendency toward helping others
• Professional personal presentation and communication skills
• A positive outlook, attitude and energy!
• A high level of attention to detail whilst working at a reasonable pace
• Strong work ethic
• Initiative and the ability to be a self-starter
• A strong desire to learn and an ability to apply that learning in a practical environment
• A genuine desire to develop a career in pharmacy
Previous Pharmacy experience and Pharmacy Certificate II or III qualifications will be highly regarded however we are always open to training the right talent.
While at this stage this is a casual position and hours will vary, we anticipate 20-30 hours per week will be available. You must be able to be flexible in terms of work hours and generally available to work designated shifts between the hours of 7.30am-7.30pm Monday to Friday, plus some Saturdays if required.
If you feel that you are the right person for this position, please complete the short survey at the link below to bring you one step closer to joining our team! (copy and paste the URL into a browser window if you can’t link to it directly).
https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/X6QS7ZV #jobs #jobsavailable #positionsvacant #kingswood
Couriers by Demand
Do you love the smell of rubber in the morning? Do you live in Western Sydney and like 9 am starts? Do you OWN & DRIVE a Late Model 2 TONNE VAN? (Mercedes Sprinter or similar) Do you like being paid an AWESOME hourly rate and being paid every week?
Couriers by Demand are URGENTLY seeking a PROFESSIONAL & EXPERIENCED Owner Driver Contractor to fill PERMANENT RUN (40 Hours each Week)
WHAT YOU NEED FOR THE JOB
• You MUST be able to Read & Speak English very well & have great customer service
• You MUST have experience in multi drop deliveries in SYDNEY
• You MUST be physically fit to lift/ move heavy items
If you are wanting to change for a better work life balance, please call Rodney TODAY on 0423 583 374
You MUST & DRIVE the Van, Have FULL TIME Work Rights and NSW Drivers License
#jobs #jobsavailable #positionsvacant