There are currently no vacancies at The Western Weekender. If you’d like us to keep your resume on file for a sales, editorial, production or administration position, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Weekender has a proud partnership with Jobs Available Western Sydney. Here’s their latest jobs listings:
Opportunity for a Store Manager to work for a leading retailer with key global brands based in Blacktown.
This employer of choice is a leading retail group who dominate their market in the Asia-Pacific region. With over 400 stores under 10 names, with exclusive distribution rights for key global brands across Australia and New Zealand.
Opportunities include multiple Store Manager and Assistant Store Manager positions across Sydney, Canberra, the Central Coast and Northern NSW.
- Opportunities to fast track your career development
- Set rosters with consecutive RDO’s
- Be part of a global leader in retail
- Competitive package of up to $60K plus generous group discounts
What we look for:
- 1-2+ years in leading and developing a team, with a passion for success and results
- Strategic thinking and drive to meet sales targets
- An interest in fashion with skills in visual merchandising
- Excellent customer service skills with a genuine interest in people
How to apply:
If you are interested in discussing your next career move, please follow the prompts to apply by submitting your resume addressing the role.
Any questions can be submitted to email@example.com with ‘XR1500’ as the job reference in the subject line.
Gough Recruitment are excited to represent the most dynamic commercial and industrial business operating in the Bankstown Area. Continually growing from strength to strength, our client provides customers with the highest standards of customer service achieving best possible outcomes. With a refreshing approach, this is an opportunity for a talented Sales & Administration support to join industry leaders.
Monday – Friday, we are seeking an experienced Commercial Sales Administrator to be the backbone to the most recognized names in the industry. Utilising your customer service, relationship management and administration skills daily, on a day to day basis, you will be responsible for:
- Preparing Marketing Materials
- Coordinating photo shoots, floor plans, marketing material and agent branding
- Uploading properties online to advertising portals
- Preparing Heads of Agreements
- Managing social media platforms
- Compiling reports
- Preparing Leases
- Co-ordinate and attend all appointments for marketing
- Responding to email enquiries
- Database management & entry
- Ad hoc administration
- A current Certificate of Registration, valid driver’s license and car
- Previous Real Estate Experience
- Must possess a massive amount of energy
- Will be ambitious, driven and hungry
- Have strong presentation and communication skills
- Support a fantastic team with a great team culture
- Monday – Friday opportunity
- Definite career progression
- Great salary on offer
- Parking available
For more information:
Please call Elise Gander on 02 9362 8500 or 0425 317 530 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications will be held in the strictest of confidence. Only those with the right to work in Australia need apply.
About the business and the role:
A well established Hills Based Company is seeking an enthusiastic 1st year apprentice Fire Sprinkler Fitter to join our team. This is a great opportunity for school leavers.
Job tasks and responsibilities:
- The successful applicant must possess a good work ethic
- Self motivated
- Hard working and keen to learn
- Be reliable
Skills and experience:
- Attention to detail
- Work part of a team
If you are interested. Please forward your resume to email@example.com
Registered Nurse is required for a small Medical Centre in Blacktown.
The successful candidate will be responsible for a broad range of services including, but not limited to:
- Blood Collection
- Immunisations - Childhood & Travel
- Health Assessments & Care Plans
- Triage of emergency patients
- Assisting minor procedures (excisions, wound care)
- Stock monitoring & ordering
- Chronic diseases register management - Diabetes cycle of care, Osteoporosis and establishment of new registers
- Administrative tasks such as reception when required
- Computer literacy & ability to learn software - Pracsoft & Medical Director
- Hold relevant professional registration with AHPRA
- Minimum one year's experience as a Practice Nurse in General Practice and with current certification for Blood Collection and Childhood Immunisations.
Please apply via the email provided with your resume and a covering letter.
Only successful candidates will be contacted. Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Systems Pest Management
Our small, enthusiastic team at Systems Pest Management is dedicated to providing the least hazardous and most effective pest management solutions to our residential and commercial clients. We have a core commitment to maintain and improve environmental sustainability and social integrity.
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic admin/office worker for our office in Thornleigh.
Your demonstrated administrative experience, customer service experience, together with your excellent communication skills and ability to carry out the following responsibilities, will help you secure this role!
- Excellent office admin skills.
- Proficient computer literacy, including troubleshooting skills in MS Word and MS Excel.
- Proactive communication skills both orally and in writing.
- Superior knowledge and application of MYOB or similar software so as to expedite accurate processing of financial transactions.
- Database management skills (preferably FileMaker).
- Project management skills and/or management support skills in an office environment.
- Strong organisational skills including time management, prioritisation and ability to multi-task.
- Confident, yet courteous phone manner.
- Customer service experience / good rapport with customers.
- Previous experience in a small business.
- Familiarity with answering a multi-line PABX.
- Ability to problem-solve.
- Passion for human and environmental health.
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team.
Your interest in the natural sciences, environmental and human health will make you a valuable part of our team.
This position is permanent part-time (approx 30 hours per week), Monday to Friday.
Please email any questions you have to email@example.com
- Competitive Salary package of $85-$90K package
- Parramatta location, Monday - Friday normal business hours.
- Global bank with progression opportunities
- Work as a sales trainer for a global bank in their contact centre department. Competitive salary. Start ASAP!
Your new company
This company is a globally renowned bank that has a fantastic reputation and has over 50 million customers worldwide. The company offer a complete range of banking products to equip customers to better manage their finances and will help build and protect their futures.
Your new role
The company are seeking a qualified and experienced sales trainer to help manage the contact centre department, providing staff access to the best resources.
This role will ensure high quality training is delivered and the right skills are taught to new trainees in order to achieve their performance targets and to comply with banking standards.
- Provide effective, innovating and supportive training incorporating the company’s values
- Be prepared for all sessions by completing administrative tasks, manual assembly, supplies requisition, scheduling, room readiness etc.
- Take ownership for leadership, coaching, performance and absence management
- Ensure all training modules are completed by necessary deadlines to minimise business delays and all training documentation is submitted within agreed timeframes
- Lead by example and take charge of your own learning and development to ensure training is up to date and relevant.
What you'll need to succeed
- Previous sales training experience within a call centre (minimum 2 years)
- Be flexible and adaptable to shift times and scheduling
- Understand and adhere to all business compliance and company standards
- Strong computer literacy and technical skills
- Excellent oral and written communication with the ability to express ideas clearly and concisely
- Experience in creating curriculum and carrying out presentations
What you'll get in return
- A competitive salary package of $85-$90K
- Global bank opportunity with progression opportunities
- Monday to Friday, normal business hours
- Ability to make the role your own and provide new innovative ideas to the company.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
OnePointHealth is a modern, progressive facility based in Penrith delivering the highest quality healthcare through services including Podiatry, Physiotherapy, Chiropractic, Dietetics, Exercise Physiology, Massage Therapy as well as a Specialty Footwear Store with Custom Orthotics designed onsite and manufactured in our Lab – www.onepointhealth.com.au
The OnePointHealth philosophy incorporates evidence-based clinical expertise in its patient centred approach to guiding our patient’s health in the right direction.
We are searching for a Massage Therapist to join our team on a part time basis with the view to growing this presence. The right applicant would be passionate and comfortable working within this environment, alongside other practitioners sharing this same philosophy.
Applicants must be proficient in techniques that encompass sports and remedial massage, with further modalities an advantage such as manual lymphatic drainage.
To be successful, you must:
• Hold at minimum Diploma Remedial Massage
• Current first aid certificate
• Public liability and professional indemnity insurance
• Membership with AAMT or equivalent
• Be eligible to provide health fund rebates
• Be eligible to register with HICAPS
• Excellent communication skills between therapists & patients
• Excellent professionalism, time management and reliable
• Able to work independently
• Be committed to job stability
As the successful applicant, you will:
• Be able to handle a patient load of 15-20 a week
• Be available to work evenings and Saturdays
• Be willing to work in a corporate environment
• Be self-confident and able to self-promote
• Communicate with people from a wide range of occupational groups
• Passion to grow the OnePointHealth business and ability to work autonomously
• An attitude and work ethic of the highest standard
The applicant must be proficient in the basics of:
• Assessing a client’s medical history, symptoms, and other relevant information before treatment
• Apply proper pressure to the patient to avoid injuries and bruising
• Consult with other health practitioners to provide patients with the best therapy
• Maintain records of treatments
• Refer clients to other therapy, if necessary
We are offering the right candidate the opportunity to work in a nurturing team environment with exceptional facilities, including:
• A fresh, modern clinic work environment
• Internal healthcare benefits via our array of services including our gym
• Staff amenities including a shower
• A brilliant culture amongst staff
• Close to all public transport, shops and food options
To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com. In the email, briefly tell us why you are the person we are looking for.
- Work within the Public Sector
- 12 month Contract
- Immediate Start
About the position
Manpower is currently looking for a Customer Support Officer to join our large Public Sector client located in Parramatta. This role will entail a combination of admin, data entry and customer service skills. You will be working on a major department project, ensuring data integrity between different systems. There will initially be some customer service involved however you will also be working to tight deadlines to ensure data is uploaded before a new system is rolled out in Mid-November.
• Review, prepare and upload data into various systems
• Liaising with customers and supporting their basic requests
• Data entry between systems and spreadsheets
• ADHOC admin duties for the project
To be successful in the role, you will possess:
• 2+ years in a similar admin/data entry role
• Intermediate computer and system skills including spreadsheet work
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• High attention to detail
• Ability to work to tight deadlines
• Ability to commence work ASAP
About our client
Our client is a large Public Sector department that services over 4 million customers in Sydney, Illawarra and the Blue Mountains regions.
Our client is looking to bring someone onboard ASAP so do not delay your application. Email your current CV to SydneyCBD@au.manpower.com
- Full-time on going casual work opportunity
- Located in Blacktown
- Pay rate $24.40 p/h
A vacancy has opened up for a global company that requires a hands on assembler with previous electrical assembly experience. The primary objective is to put together various components of different electrical products.
Have the opportunity to work for a global company with a great environment and who specialise in electric and electromechanical product rework, Assembly and repair.
- Connect wiring to accessories, such as circuit breakers of varying sizes, requiring impeccable attention to detail (not involved with live power)
- Identify the different colour and sizes of cables and terminate them
- Drill tap holes using hand and bench drills
- Read schematics and instructions for the assembly of various products
- Mon - Fri 7:30am to 3:30pm
The successful candidate must:
- Full working rights within Australia
- Requires being reliable, responsible and dependable, and fulfilling objectives
- Be handy with various tools and be versatile
- Ability to fit into a team environment
If this matches what you are looking for APPLY or send through your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
call Thomas on 0447 168 267
Euro Natural Stone
We are looking for an Experiencedand High Quality Stone Mason Installer for immediate start at our Girraween factory.
This is a full time role, working 40 hours a week. You will be part of a team of experience stonemasons and installers. This is a newly created role, to fit with our demand of work.
The ideal candidate must be reliable, hardworking, trustworthy and understand measurements. The candidate must also have strong communication skills and show attention to detail and be well presented and punctual.
Must also have current Drivers Licence and White Card and Proof.
Suitable candidates, send your resume to email@example.com or call HR on 0405 724 615.
#jobs #employment #girraween
Harvey Heaven Blacktown
Harley-Heaven Blacktown is currently seeking to employ a Receiving and Dispatch Store Person for our store.
The person we require will ideally have previous experience in a warehousing environment working as part of a fast paced, energetic target driven team.
The role requires an organized and reliable individual. You must be able to multi task and be cool under pressure. Our motorcycle spare parts team rely heavily upon this position and you will have sole responsibility of all inwards and outward goods. There will be some heavy lifting, bending and twisting required. You will take pride in you appearance and that of your work area, keeping your department in a well organized, clean and orderly fashion.
As we are a motorcycle dealership, a passion for Harley Davidson and an unrestricted full motorcycle licence will be highly regarded. A current forklift operator's license is required.
Our company offers the potential for advancement to successful candidates.
This position is a full-time role working Monday to Friday.
Successful applicants will be required to undergo a medical and police check at company expense.
Please note only successful applicants will be contacted.
Please submit your covering letter specifying your experience and a copy of your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
#blacktown #employment #jobs #sales
The Western Weekender
One of Australia's leading local newspapers has an opportunity for a journalist to join our team in a part-time capacity.
Reporting to the Managing Editor, this role is primarily focused on the entertainment portfolio. It includes writing feature articles, compiling gig guides and coordinating the entertainment content for The Western Weekender's print edition as well as its digital assets.
If you know which Kardashian is which, own at least one Beatles album and always seem to know what's happening around town, we're looking for you!
Skills, attributes and requirements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to produce accurate copy
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Strong worth ethic
- A genuine interest in entertainment
- High attention to detail
- Driver's licence not required but please note the office is not near public transport
This role is permanent part-time, two days per week based in Penrith.
The role is open to all experience levels including junior journalists and recent graduates.
Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Immediate start available.
We are looking for a first year Apprentice Furniture Finisher for our factory in St Marys.
After a qualifying period, the position will become a permanent, full time apprenticeship, leading to qualifications as a tradesman Furniture Polisher.
We are seeking an enthusiastic young person who has an interest in spray finishing or woodwork for this position.
Applications, including a current resume, to firstname.lastname@example.org
#jobs #employment #stmarys
We are seeking a field-based Fitter in General or fitter and turner or Diesel Mechanic with pump experience or who is willing to learn. Electrical knowledge will be highly regarded.
Our company specializes in service, maintenance and installation of various types of pumps including Fire Pump, Sump Pumps & Pressure Systems.
Adequate basic knowledge of pumps will be highly regarded. All new Field Technicians will be supported with training and assistance in the field. Candidate would be performing the duties as follows: -
- Determine suitable material, method and sequence of operations, and machine settings.
- Fitting fabricated metal parts into products and assembling metal parts and sub-assemblies to produce machines and equipment.
- Marinating and checking fabricated and assembled metal parts for accuracy.
- Castings to fine tolerances using machining tools to press, cut, grind, plane, bore and drill metal.
- Cutting, threading, bending and installing hydraulic and pipes and lines.
- Diagnosing faults and performing operational maintenance of machines and overhauling and repairing mechanical parts and fluid power equipment.
- You will erect machines and equipment on-site.
Salary Package: $55,000 p.a. We will provide a stocked-up vehicle, fuel card, e-tag, equipment, uniforms, phone, tablet and other additional remuneration.
The successful candidates must be: -
- Certified in their field;
- Have a positive attitude and good work ethics;
- Be a team player;
- Provide mentorship / support to our team;
- Work efficiently and follow protocols;
- Have pride in your work and appearance;
- Provide exceptional customer service and have good communication skills;
- A willingness to learn new skills.
It is essential to have:
- NSW driver license
Email your resume and cover letter to Jody Sackey in our Human Resources Department on: email@example.com
- Monday - Friday, 8:30am - 5:00pm
- Winston Hills location
- Work for an established and fast growing Australian I.T. company
We are an I.T. reseller company that supplies and services to various large corporate companies, small and medium businesses and home end users. We partner with vendors like HP, Lexmark, Samsung, Brother, Fuji Xerox, OKI and much more. Due to our company's growth, we are looking for an additional permanent full time data entry and office all-rounder within the technical department to assist our team.
Reporting directly to the Team Leader your duties will include:
- Various tasks as set by the Team Leader of the technical department
- General data entry
- Answering phone calls and resolution of customer queries or issues
- Building up knowledge of our business operations and I.T. products
- Other adhoc duties as required
Looking for someone with:
- Speed and efficiency
- Bright and friendly personality
- Good time management
- Good phone manner
- Able to work in a team environment as well as individually with minimal supervision
- Competent in Microsoft Office
- No experience necessary
To apply, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Parramatta College (RTO 90276) is now looking for trainers and assessors for the following qualifications. Positions are available now.
TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
TAE50216 Diploma of Training Design and Development
To be successful, candidates must have -
• TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
• TAE50116 Diploma of Vocational Education and Training or TAE50216 Diploma of Training Design and Development or a higher level qualification in adult education
• At least 3 years of experience delivering Training and Assessment qualifications
• Strong commitment to maintaining professional currency through participation in professional development workshops.
• Strong organisational, time management and customer service skill
• Moderate knowledge in using computers and relevant software applications such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
Please email your resume to email@example.com
LendCorp Financial Group Pty Ltd is a long established Vehicle and Equipment Finance Broking firm who are seeking a highly experienced Office Administration Assistant.
The role will require you to have experience in Commercial Finance such as Chattel Mortgage and Consumer Lending. You will be working directly with our two Company Directors and Office Manager assisting them with a wide variety of financial services related administrative tasks.
About the Role
This is a permanent, full time position with a three month probation period.
The hours are Monday to Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm. We offer on the job training and a supportive work environment.
Duties will include:
• Check Finance Documentation for a number of Banks and Finance Companies.
• Follow up clients and respond to email enquiries.
• Data Entry into a variety of Finance Company website portals.
• Manage client enquiries and respond accordingly.
• Scanning and image file database management
• Other administration including answering and redirecting phone calls when required.
• Assist with general office administration duties as required.
Skills and Experience:
• Previous role in banking and finance a prerequisite.
• Attention to detail is vital.
• Ability to work in a time sensitive environment and under pressure.
• Strong English communication skills – highly accurate spelling is a must.
• Basic to Intermediate experience of Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Able to prioritise work load and meet deadlines
• Capable of multi-tasking within an occasional fast paced, busy environment
• This role will ideally suit a mature, long term work experienced person seeking to move from a city based high pressure corporate environment.
Benefits and Culture:
• Current Banking & Finance Industry Award
• Weekly pay at new July 2018 Level 3 Administrative role with capacity to progress to a more senior level.
• Growing, fun and friendly team
• Excellent work | life balance
• Well-equipped facilities
• Company relocating from Werrington to Penrith CBD in approx. three month's time.
• Extensive training will be provided on company systems and procedures.
• Onsite parking is available.
This job opportunity is ideally suited to an individual who is looking for a varied finance administration role.
If this sounds like you, please APPLY NOW by emailing your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you a passionate and dedicated Early Childhood Educator? Do you want to work in a fun, safe and welcoming environment where we fuel children's imaginations and assist them to reach their full potential and thrive academically, socially and emotionally?
We are looking to fill the following positions:
Early Childhood Teacher with the following:
- Degree in Early Childhood Education from a recognised University
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Current Working With Children Check
Diploma Trained Educator's with the following skills & experience:
- ACECQA Approved Diploma Qualification
- ACECQA Approved First Aid Certificate
- ACECQA Approved Asthma and Anaphylaxis Management Certificate
- Approved Child Protection Certificate
- Working With Children Check
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working with children aged 0-5 years
- Comprehensive understanding of the National Quality Framework, including regulations, Quality Standards and the Early Years Learning Framework
- Proven understanding and acceptance of varying cultural and language backgrounds
Certificate III in Children’s Services Trained Educator's with the following skills:
- ACECQA Approved Certificate III Qualification
- ACECQA Approved First Aid Certificate
- Working With Children Check
For further information please contact our Tribe Leader (Director) on 1300 854 388 during business hours.
Alternatively please submit your Resume/CV and a brief cover letter to email@example.com
12-month initial Contract (extension highly likely)
Up to $1000 a day + super
NSW Government agency is looking for an Asset Maintenance Manager to drive and manage a large asset maintenance program for their facilities. You will help develop the frameworks for their asset maintenance planning and maintenance management.
- Manage the Asset Maintenance Program to enable maintenance management of all facility assets in the portfolio
- Engage with senior stakeholders, both internal and external
- Work closely with local facilities managers, and drive the advancement of asset management capability and maturity
- Appoint and manage consultants and contractors required to implement the program
- Define the maintenance management metrics to measure and report on the implementation of the program
- Resolve program issues, including identifying and escalating project risks as required
- Develop and manage maintenance management processes and procedures,
- Support the development of capital plans, including developing processes and procedures for capital planning
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant field like Asset management
- Extensive experience in Asset Management, FM and Maintenance within a Justice environment
- Excellent communication and stakeholder engagement skills
- Knowledge of ISO 55000, PAS 55 and other Asset management principles and practices
Please apply by following the link.
For more information, please contact Stuart Jeltsema on 02 9641 2448 or firstname.lastname@example.org