There are currently no vacancies at The Western Weekender. If you’d like us to keep your resume on file for a sales, editorial, production or administration position, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Weekender has a proud partnership with Jobs Available Western Sydney. Here’s their latest jobs listings:
Looking for your next exciting hospitality role? Want to work for a great employer with a great team? We want you!
We are seeking for a energetic café/restaurant all-rounder to join our team in Baulkham Hills in NSW to provide exceptional service to our customers.
We are a modern and exciting restaurant and looking for someone that has the passion for the hospitality industry. Must be presentable, pleasant, multi-tasking, composed, very observant and attentive to details, friendly, helpful and interactive with customers and able to confidently describe the menu and options.
This is great opportunity for someone looking to enter in the hospitality industry.
- Outstanding customer service to all customers
- Make coffee and service in a timely/efficient manner
- General cleaning including dish washing duties and setup restaurant for service
- Cash handling tasks
Required Skills and Experience
- 6 months – 1year experience within an established fast paced café/restaurant however if you are very keen and the right candidate with no experience we are willing to train you
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to think on your feet and solve problems with a smile
- Barista skills and experience preferred
- Must be available on weekdays (Tue-Fri from 9:30 AM) and Fri-Sat night when required
We are a fun and passionate team and looking for exciting people to join us. People under 23 years of age strongly encouraged to apply.
If this sounds like you, APPLY NOW to email@example.com
We are looking for hard-working, reliable and flexible Care Workers to work with our clients in the Blacktown and surrounding areas of Sydney.
Responsibilities of a Care Worker include:
• Assist client with daily living activities (e.g. showering, toileting, dressing, meal preparations, personal care, grooming, etc)
• Assistance with shopping, transporting to appointments or activities
• Domestic Assistance
• Certificate III in a relevant field
• Previous experience in the community services field
• Willingness to obtain a Criminal History Check and a Working with Children Check
• Drivers Licence, registered & insured vehicle
• Good interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
• Positive attitude and great people skills
Benefits of working as part of our team:
• Competitive hourly rates starting from $26.99 – paid fortnightly. Additional loadings for all evening, weekend and public holiday shifts.
• We can offer both short and long shifts and weekend work is also available
• Ongoing training opportunities
This is an interesting, challenging and varied role. If you feel that working with people is for you then we would love to hear from you.
To apply please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Australian Training Company has a Certificate III Business Traineeship available for someone interested in a career in the sport industry. You will receive paid on the job training and education. HURRY - this exciting opening will disappear fast!
Start Date: ASAP
Employment: Full Time with study hours incorporated into 38 hour working week. Weekend work may be required.
Your role will include: phone enquiries, processing memberships and ticketing requests, data entry and administration support to the Marketing team.
The successful candidate will: have a willingness to learn with a can do attitude, ability to provide excellent customer service, strong written and verbal communication skills, be immaculately presented, reliable, and have accuracy and attention to detail. Would suit a recent school leaver.
The Rewards: Receive a qualification upon completion. Earn while you learn being paid according to the National Training Wage Award. Receive a transport concession card. Get a foot in the door to office work where you will be mentored by a team of professionals. Those with qualifications (including diplomas, degrees, university graduates) need not apply.
To apply please forward your resume with cover letter quoting Parramatta in the subject to email@example.com
We are a leading private Registered Training Organisation (RTO) providing quality vocational training across a broad range of accredited vocational training including through State and federal funding arrangements to learners. We are passionate about delivering practical workplace relevant skills, and endeavour to provide students with an enriching and supportive learning environment.
As opportunities for training arises we will require Trainer/Assessors to be available at short notice. The successful Trainer will be a self-driven, motivated achiever who can work with people from a diverse range of backgrounds including international students with varying levels of education and work experience.
Applicants who are able to teach across any or most of the below qualifications will be highly regarded.
Casual contract arrangement
Become listed in our Trainer/Assessor register for:
To be successful candidate you MUST have the following:
- Same or higher qualification/unit of competency to be delivered
- Certificate IV in Training Assessment TAE40110 or TAE40116 or higher-level adult education qualification.
- At least 3-5 years recognised experience in the industry.
- Ability to motivate students, manage academic progress, report weekly on progress and at risk students, mark and manage student assessment in a timely manner to ensure satisfactory progress.
- Ability to take responsibility be accountable for you student’s progress and satisfaction
- Trainer Matrix that demonstrates industry and VET experience currency and professional development.
- Relevant State/Territory Working with Children Clearance (or ability to obtain).
- AFP Police check (or ability to obtain).
- An understanding of the RTO compliance framework and standards expected of Trainers & Assessors
- Pro-active problem-solving skills, with proven ability and experience to work as part of a team as well as autonomously.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
You may be required on occasion to travel interstate.
The Training Provider is a Non-Smoking workplace.
If this role appeals to you and you are looking for a role that is a great opportunity and it meets your skills qualification and experience, then please forward an up to date resume firstname.lastname@example.org and quoting reference number: 216/2018
A role for the compassionate and community minded
- Are you a great people leader who likes to invest in their staff and bring out the absolute best in them?
- Are you community focused and seeking a career that allows you an opportunity to GENUINELY help someone in their time of need?
- Are you a professional who is business savvy and not afraid of a challenge?
Curious to know more?
Our client is seeking a passionate, ambitious and community focused professional to lead their flagship branch in Western Sydney.
Leading a dedicated team of professionals whilst being actively engaged in the local community, the Location Manager have a strong focus on driving brand awareness whilst developing relationships to foster and build growth. The successful candidate will be a results orientated and driven individual who is obsessed with providing quality service to families. Being a strong people manager and walking the walk, you will wear many hats in this dynamic role as you take on a hands-on approach to providing end-to-end solutions, service and support to your customers and team.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Provide day to day line management and ensure the smooth and effective operation of professional services to all families.
- Inspire, encourage and motivate your team creating an opportunity for development whilst allowing them to unlock their true potential and flourish within their roles.
- Establish and maintain healthy relationships with the local community and relevant organisations.
- Effectively monitor and manage costs, achieving high P&L performance
- Be the driver of delivering strong results and achieving KPI's within your location.
WHAT SETS YOU APART FROM THE REST?
- You have demonstrated successful experience in a supervisory and/or leadership position.
- You go above and beyond to deliver the highest standard of customer service.
- You are a natural leader and take accountability for all the responsibilities that come with the role.
- Lead by example and are committed to the delivery and outcome of the service.
- You are a strong brand ambassador and are savvy in driving marketing and brand awareness within the community.
Most importantly, you are a passionate individual, community focused and have a strong ‘why’ and ‘purpose’ as you seek out a fulfilling role with depth. You will also be comfortable with working within a sensitive environment and being exposed to grief and the expression of it.
WHAT VALUE CAN WE GIVE BACK TO YOU:
This is a genuine 'once in a lifetime' role that is unique and as such requires a unique individual that has a spark! You'll be given all the support you need to succeed with:
- Full training, induction and support
- Strong team culture and reputable brand
- Strong career progression opportunity
- Performance based incentives
Ultimately we are looking for a professional that exudes community, passion and service. No experience within the industry is required however a transferable skill set with a determination to achieve the best.
Submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com or contact Leng on 0404 310 156 for a confidential discussion.
This is a great opportunity to start or continue your career with an established Electrical services company, giving you the opportunity to expand your knowledge in the electrical industry and room to advance within the company.
Seeking a highly motivated and organised 2nd Year or above Apprentice to join the company's electrical team based in Penrith, NSW 2750
A full time position for the right candidate who possesses the following qualities and attributes:
- Very high quality standards and attention to detail
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic and willing to learn, show initiative
- Be presentable, punctual, organised, trustworthy and reliable
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent work ethic
- Have a logical approach when taking on tasks
- Good understanding of safe work practices
- Able to follow systems and procedures
Who are we?
At Leonay Electrical, we believe that providing a service is not merely doing a job or a task. Providing an outstanding service to our clients is only possible by having a team that is confident in their ability, proud of their work and willing to be continuously educated.
We welcome people into our team with similar attitudes and values, because we believe that people with the right attitude can be taught to do almost anything.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications are invited from suitably qualified, experienced and motivated persons to fulfil the full-time role of payroll officer within our school. This position reports to the Business Manager via the School Accountant.
It is anticipated that this position would commence on 14 January 2019.
The Payroll Officer is part of the Finance staff of the school and has the specific responsibility of processing the fortnightly payroll in the school under the direction of the School Accountant. We currently process the fortnightly payroll for 143 fulltime and part-time staff as well as casual staff. The school pays its staff under the NSW Christian Schools Teaching Staff Multi Enterprise Agreement and the NSW Christian Schools General Staff Agreement.
The successful applicant needs to:
Be a Christian of Protestant/Evangelical persuasion, who is active in their own church and wholeheartedly subscribes to the School’s Educational Creed as found on our website www.tyndale.edu.au under Our School, Educational Creed.
Have prior experience in processing payroll, including processing leave, working with industrial agreements and complying with superannuation and Australian Tax Office requirements.
- Prior experience with the payroll module in PC School is desirable
- Knowledge and experience working with databases is desirable
- Have attention to detail and a willingness to abide by strict confidentiality requirements
- Have good interpersonal skills as they will interact with a wide variety of staff
- Must be a competent user of the Microsoft Office suite
- Have strong administration skills; a can do attitude and a willingness to work as part of a team
- Be willing to undergo a National Criminal History check
This is a School Administration Services Grade 4 Position.
Tyndale Christian School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the safety, welfare and wellbeing of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants will need to provide the NSW Working with Children Check, and sign a Statutory Declaration under the oaths Act 1990 (NSW) under section 40A of the Child Protection (Working with Children) Act 2012.
To apply for this position, please submit an application form "Application Form - General Staff", which is from our School Office or at www.tyndale.edu.au/ourschool/employment.
Please also enclose a full CV, and details of 3 confidential referees (minister, employer, and colleague) and send this to:
The Principal, Locked Bag 35, BLACKTOWN NSW 2148
or email to email@example.com
For further information, please phone the Business Manager, Brian Schick, on 02 8811 7826.
Closing date for applications 5pm Friday 16 November 2018
Temperzone is a leading manufacturer and distributor of commercial and domestic air conditioners, ventilation equipment and air distribution systems throughout Australia, New Zealand and South East Asia. Established in 1956 and is still growing today, the temperzone group employs approx. 600 employees and offers excellent career development opportunities.
We currently have an opportunity for a full time, permanent Internal Sales who will be responsible in providing support and service to internal and external customers including the Sydney sales department. You will be responsible for using your technical knowledge and experience to:
- Answering technical and general enquires, including stock availability, pricing and review of tender documentation.
- Selection of relevant equipment
- Provide pricing proposals, tender submissions and quotations.
- Assist in the preparation of commercial presentations, including collating and mailing brochures and other marketing material.
- Enter customer orders.
- Managing of back order reports
- Managing deliveries of accounts and external Sales Engineer requirements.
Your skill set, experience and qualifications:
Preferably you will have gained experience whilst working in a similar role within the industry or mechanical based field. You will also need trade qualifications within HVAC industry.
Previous experience in reading and interpreting mechanical, electrical drawings and specifications would be highly desirable.
The successful candidate will need:
To be considered for the role you will need to demonstrate previous knowledge in air conditioning application, Microsoft Office skills, possess excellent communication skills, time management and be an effective team player.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Internal Sales. An attractive Remuneration Package is on offer for the right candidate which includes base salary, super and profit sharing.
The successful candidates will be required to undergo a pre-placement medical examination.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted
Temperzone Australia is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Please note that only people with the right to work in Australia should apply for this position.
To apply for this position please send your resume including cover letter to:
Closing Date: Friday 9th November 2018
Gough Recruitment are excited to represent the most dynamic commercial and industrial business operating in the Bankstown Area. Continually growing from strength to strength, our client provides customers with the highest standards of customer service achieving best possible outcomes.
With a refreshing approach, this is an opportunity for a talented Sales & Administration support to join industry leaders.
Monday – Friday, we are seeking an experienced Commercial Sales Administrator to be the backbone to the most recognized names in the industry. Utilising your customer service, relationship management and administration skills daily, on a day to day basis, you will be responsible for:
- Preparing Marketing Materials
- Coordinating photo shoots, floor plans, marketing material and agent branding
- Uploading properties online to advertising portals
- Preparing Heads of Agreements
- Managing social media platforms
- Compiling reports
- Preparing Leases
- Co-ordinate and attend all appointments for marketing
- Responding to email enquiries
- Database management & entry
- Ad hoc administration
- A current Certificate of Registration, valid driver’s license and car.
- Previous Real Estate Experience
- Must possess a massive amount of energy
- Will be ambitious, driven and hungry
- Have strong presentation and communication skills
- Support a fantastic team with a great team culture
- Monday – Friday opportunity
- Definite career progression
- Great salary on offer
- Parking available
For more information:
Please call Elise Gander on 02 9362 8500 or 0425 317 530
or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications will be held in the strictest of confidence. Only those with the right to work in Australia need apply.
A great opportunity has opened up for a casual chef based in the Macarthur/Campbelltown district.
- Casual position/ Great casual rates
- 3 to 5 afternoon/evening shifts a week
- Award winning A la carte restaurant
- Immediate start
We are seeking an applicant who is qualified and has experience in an A la carte restaurant.
To apply send in your resume to email@example.com
#jobs #employment #campbelltown
Licensed Electricians - Electrical Leading Hands - Electrical Site Supervisors
- Immediate Start
- Above market Rates
- Tools of trade
TOT Electrical has been working around the Sydney metropolitan area for over 17 years, primarily consisting of commercial fit-out, construction and government works for Tier 1 and 2 builders including Kane Construction, Taylor, Buildcorp and more.
As a result of commencing a number of key government projects TOT Electrical are looking for Licensed electricians, leading hands and site supervisors. You will mentor apprentices working with you on site.
For a confidential discussion about the role please call 1300 656 602 or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
#jobs #employment #positionsvacant
Join the leader in the disability service industry and be part of a team that exudes meaning and job satisfaction!
We are currently looking for a Graphic Designer for a 12 month maternity leave cover contract based in North Parramatta.
The Communication team's focus is to raise awareness of the Northcott brand and its programs to customers.
In this role you will ensure all internal and external publications and promotional materials are in line with Northcott's brand and design standards. You will also support functions to ensure printed items, promotional material, collateral and internal communication is supplied across the organisation as required.
What you'll be doing:
- Actioning design and layout requests received by the communications team
- Support the editing and production of in-house produced videos
- Coordinate production of business promotional material and corporate stationery including design and printing of publications, banners, signage etc
To be considered for the role, you will have:
- Tertiary qualification and/or extensive industry experience in Graphic Design
- Understanding of video editing programs, such as iMovie and/or Final Cut Pro.
- Demonstrated design skills, excellent ability in visual design and accompanying elements of design
- High level communication negotiation skills
- Complete knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
Send your applications to email@example.com
#jobs #employment #parramatta
If you would love the opportunity to work in a friendly environment, this could be the job for you! One position open for full-time warehouse/sales worker Monday to Friday – some weekend work may be required for trade shows. This position would be suited for someone who is a ‘car enthusiast’ and who will work towards being a sales rep/ working in the warehouse and selling car care products and fuels.
Sydney Solvents is a family owned business with over 20 years’ experience. We specialise in solvents and cleaning products across Australia. We are currently looking to grow and have a warehouse worker to join our team.
Job tasks and responsibilities:
• You will be working with Chemicals and Solvents
• Mixing and packing off chemicals
• Maintain stock levels of products
• Prepare and complete orders for delivery or pickup according to schedule (load, pack, wrap, label, ship)
Receive and process warehouse stock products (pick, unload, label, store)
Perform inventory controls
Keep a clean and safe working environment and optimise space utilisation
• Operate forklift for either receiving orders or processing them
• Going to car trade shows, industrial trade shows, and other trade shows to represent Sydney Solvents and products
• Delivering orders
• Liaising with customers
Skills and experience:
• The right attitude
• Good organisation and time management skills
• Current forklift license would be an advantage but not essential
• Eye for detail to ensure orders and paper work are correct
• Someone who wants to progress from warehouse storeman to sales rep
• Heavy lifting required (up to 25kg)
Please send through your resume, a paragraph telling us a bit about yourself (cover letter), and why you would be a great additional to the business. Send information to firstname.lastname@example.org
#jobs #employment #penrith
- Competitive salary + Incentives
- Combine your strong retail experience and passion for DIY!
- Full Training & on-going support provided
Dulux is an iconic household brand. Synonymous with decoration and protection in the paint market, it is the number one choice for home owners, renovators and professional trade painters. Part of ASX top 100 listed DuluxGroup, the Dulux brand manufactures and markets products of the highest quality, which provide innovative product solutions that satisfy the needs of our customers today and into the future.
We are currently seeking an experienced Salesperson to join our Trade Centre in Castle Hill on a Part-time basis, for 20 hours per week. This fast paced and hands-on role will see you:
- Ensure high levels of customer service are maintained;
- Cash handling / EFTPOS;
- Accurately mix and tint paint;
- Assist in maintaining stock levels;
- Comply with safety standards.
To be successful in the role you will:
- Possess an interest in our products;
- Have the ability to communicate clearly with customers;
- Enjoy building relationships with customers and colleagues;
- Have demonstrated experience in a customer facing role;
- Retail/Trade sales experience would be desirable
- Paint product and application/ hardware experience will be highly regarded but not essential.
What's in it for you?
We are an employer of choice who empowers and develops our staff. We have a strong work / life balance culture and employ world leading practices for safety and sustainability including a zero tolerance to harm.
We value our hard working employees by offering a competitive salary, incentives, in store discounts, ongoing training & support and genuine career growth.
How to apply
If you would like to take the next step in your career and apply for this exciting opportunity please call Yasmeen on 03 92635694’ for a confidential discussion.
- Looking to someone reliable and punctual
- No experience necessary. Could suit school hours for the right person.
- All equipment and products provided.
Ideal person must:
- Have: ABN, license, vehicle.
- Willing to get a police check
Please send your resume/application to Cleaningservices.email@example.com
Bright, fun junior required to work with dynamic young team in office at Castle Hill.
Successful applicant must be well presented, have good comprehension skills and be prepared to learn all aspects of office procedures. Computer skills an advantage.
Email your resume to:
AUSTRALIAN PUMP INDUSTRIES
Part time - OnePointHealth
Would you like to part of a well-known team of Allied Health Care Professionals who have been part of the local community for over 35 years.
This position is permanent part time (3 days per week), assisting in the daily running of our reception area. The role will involve a wide range of tasks from providing our patients with great customer service to administrative duties, but not limited too;
- Manage the administrative needs of patient or potential patients
- Make appointments via phone or in person at the front desk.
- Confirm appointments for the following day.
- Provide administrative support to all practitioners
- Maintain a clean and tidy practice
- Help manage the sterilisation of instruments
- Manage the administrative needs of patient payments through Hicaps, Eftpos and Medicare
- Experience using Cliniko software preferable.
Our ideal candidate….
- Experienced in all administrative duties on a busy medical reception desk.
- Enthusiastic and hardworking.
- Able to multi-task efficiently.
- Has pride in their work and is committed to maintaining high standards
- Passionate, driven individual who places emphasis on their personal growth and career
- Willing to give 100% to achieving and exceeding expectations constantly.
- Understanding of Microsoft Office applications and the willingness to learn our practice
- Punctual and has pride in appearance.
If you feel you have all the necessary skills, and would love to join our team please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the email, briefly tell us why you are the ideal person for this role.
Just Careers Training Pty Ltd trading as Licences 4 Work is a Registered Training Organisation that operates on a National Level.
We are approved by ASQA, Roads and Maritime Services NSW (RMS), WorkSafe WA, WorkCover NSW, NSW Food Authority, ROADS WA, and ACT Health to deliver Nationally Recognised Training in Forklift Licensing, Elevated work platform, Construction Induction White Card, First Aid Certificates, Traffic Control Tickets, Food Safety Supervisor Certificates and S2-S3 Community Pharmacy.
We also deliver full qualifications including but not limited to Pharmacy, Business, Warehousing, Retail, including various Diploma level qualifications.
Our Licences 4 Work brand is the largest and most successful Blue Collar Training provider in Australia, with 7 large training centers nationally.
Due to ongoing strengths within our industry an opportunity now presents itself. As such, we are seeking a Branch Manager with proven hands on experience to manager our Bankstown branch, which is the largest of our sites.
Reporting directly to the directors, the Branch Manager will be responsible for:
- Overseeing all training programs ensuring contractual requirements are met,
- Meeting budgetary requirements and budget forecasting,
- Formulating business development initiatives
- Management of staff
To be successful in this role you must have the following:
- A minimum of 2 years experience in a similar management role within an RTO or a similar business
- Experience working in a VERY fast paced environment
- Be an absolute people person
- Preferred holder of a Certificate IV in Training and - Assessment or Tertiary qualifications in Management / Education and/or Vocational Education and Training
- High standard computer skills
- High level verbal and written communication skills
- Capable of communicating with people from all walks of life
- An excellent salary plus super plus other benefits is on offer to the successful applicant, based on previous skills and experience.
If you think the above appeals to you and think that you have what it takes to fulfill the requirements of the role, then do not miss this opportunity and Apply now by sending your covering letter and resume to email@example.com
An opportunity for experienced folding and gluing Jagenberg operator to start as a casual with our Print Co. in Rydalmere.
Must be able to set-up & run with minimal supervision.
Please send resume with employment & training history if this is for you to: firstname.lastname@example.org
#rydalmere #jobs #employment #positionsvacant