Detectives have arrested two men as part of an ongoing investigation into an alleged kidnapping for ransom and serious assault of another man in St Marys last year.
About 12.30pm on Monday, November 25, two men entered a workshop on Links Road, St Marys, and allegedly assaulted a 36-year-old man using a firearm.
During the assault, the man was knocked unconscious before being kidnapped by the pair.
About 10.30am the following day, the man was located in a shed on a property at Shanes Park by three members of the public, who contacted emergency services.
The man was taken to hospital in a critical condition and treated for a fractured skull and severe injuries to his head and body. He has since been released from hospital.
The State Crime Command’s Robbery and Serious Crime Squad, with assistance from Nepean Police Area Command, commenced inquiries under Strike Force Methuen.
Last month, strike force detectives arrested a 36-year-old man at Plumpton. He was charged and remains before the courts.
During the ongoing investigation, police were made aware of the attempted kidnapping of a man about 4.40pm last Friday, March 6.
“Officers were told, two men attempted to force the man into a Toyota Hilux following a two-vehicle crash on Victoria Road at Drummoyne,” a Police spokesperson said.
“The man resisted and was able to escape, before the two men fled the area on foot.
“Following extensive investigations, strike force detectives arrested a 40-year-old man following a vehicle stop at St Marys, just after 4.30am today.”
The Mt Pritchard man has been taken to Penrith Police Station.
A short time later, police executed three search warrants at a rural residence at Luddenham, a home at Mt Pritchard and a business at St Marys.
Strike Force Methuen investigators were assisted by officers from the Criminal Groups Squad’s Strike Force Raptor, Public Order and Riot Squad and officers from Nepean Police Area Command throughout the operation.
So far during the searches, police have seized a firearm, documentation and electronic equipment.
A 39-year-old man was arrested at the Luddenham residence and also taken to Penrith Police Station.
Investigations under Strike Force Methuen are continuing, and charges are expected to be laid.