Fire engulfs Henry Street restaurant

Share this story

Fire crews have extinguished a blaze at a restaurant in Penrith’s CBD.

At around 4.30am, Fire and Rescue NSW received an emergency call to the fire at the The Village restaurant, formerly King Henrys Court.

The first crews on the scene discovered a fire at the rear of the restaurant involving a 9kg gas cylinder. The fire then spread to a further seven cylinders and into the roof space of the building.

Crews worked from the front and rear of the building to attack the fire with eight separate fire crews in attendance.

An aerial ladder platform was called for but crews confirmed that was not needed as they ultimately accessed the roof space of the restaurant.

The fire was contained to the back part of The Village, and the adjoining Product of Italy restaurant was not impacted.

Share this story