Bobby the brave: Toddler’s fight will never be over

The Webber family, of Werrington County
Share this story

Although two-year-old Bobby Webber, of Werrington County, has defied all the medical odds, life will never quite be the same for the brave little toddler.

Bobby was the victim of an alleged brutal attack by his non-biological uncle when he was just seven-months-old, resulting in him being placed on life support. Just last week, Bobby’s alleged abuser faced court and plead guilty.

Bobby was left in the care of a close family member of Elise and Barry Webber while they went on their 10-day honeymoon in 2014.

On day three, Bobby’s parents received the phone call that he was in hospital and was critically ill.

After Mr and Mrs Webber were told several times to prepare themselves for Bobby’s passing, he woke up and has had the fight of his life on his hands ever since.

“He has the strength of 1000 men,” Mrs Webber told the Weekender.

“He faces extreme difficulty every day but has always overcome the adversity that has been handed to him – he’s an absolutely amazing boy.”

As a result of the injuries sustained by Bobby, he has been diagnosed as a quadriplegic and has cerebral palsy, epilepsy and cortical visual impairment meaning he is blind.

Bobby’s regular treatment includes physiotherapy, speech therapy and occupational therapy, as well as attending the Royal Institute for Deaf and Blind Children.

A Facebook page with almost 1000 likes allows people to keep updated with Bobby’s progress.

“We are completely overwhelmed by the generosity and support from our family but also the community with people who we don’t even know who have heard the story,” Mrs Webber said.

“By putting Bobby’s story out there, my goal is to try and get more done for these types of cases.

“These children who are involved in abuse are defenceless and have no voice. It’s hard hearing all these stories as a parent when sometimes not enough is being done to protect them.”

To follow Bobby’s story of courage and bravery, visit

“He was seven-months-old and was just starting to crawl and get on his hands and feet,” Mrs Webber said.

“He has gone from a healthy seven-month-old baby boy to a quadriplegic.”

Share this story