Several crew members are isolating after a number of COVID-19 cases were linked to the McDonald’s restaurant on High Street in Penrith.
While any risk to customers and the general public is considered extremely low, the Weekender understands seven staff members who worked Tuesday and Wednesday of last week have now tested positive.
The restaurant is following all advice from health authorities and has undertaken a deep clean.
It has continued to work with McDonald’s head office and health authorities and implemented additional health responses in the last few days.
A Nepean Blue Mountains Local Health District (NBMLHD) spokesperson said the venue has been working alongside health authorities to manage the outbreak.
“The NBMLHD Public Health team has worked with the venue to identify close contacts. Close contacts must immediately get tested and self-isolate for 14 days,” the spokesperson said.
“The venue has been cooperating fully with the Public Health Unit. The venue has been thoroughly cleaned and was following public health advice including customers signing in using the Service NSW QR code, wearing masks and other infection control measures.”
Troy Dodds is the Weekender’s Managing Editor and Senior Writer. He has more than 15 years experience as a journalist, working with some of Australia’s leading media organisations.