A family of six including several young children has been evacuated from their home after it was destroyed by fire tonight in St Marys.
Fire crews responded to numerous reports of the house alight on Nancy Street at around 6.45pm tonight and arrived to find the two level home well alight.
Firefighters got to work extinguishing the fire and evacuated the family with the assistance of police.
The fire was quickly extinguished but the home was severely damaged.
Paramedics were also called to the location and treated a firefighter who received an electric shock whilst working to make the area safe.
No other injuries were reported.