These days, Glenmore Park is one of the local area’s busiest suburbs. But the area now dominated by housing once had a very different look…
1912: Not a car in sight
This photograph was taken on the property of Fred Andrews. It was located on the Northern Road, south of the Glenmore Park entrance. The children are from left to right; Phyllis Roots later Phyllis Bewley; Clifford Archie Roots and Vic Andrews. Vic was Phyllis and Archie’s uncle.
1991: A new era dawns in penrith
The view in Glenmore Park looking north west towards Regentville.
1992: New homes on the way
1992: A new suburb takes shape
Construction of houses in Fitzgerald Place back in 1992.
The stone mansion, Regentville, was built by Sir John Jamison, in 1825. In the early 1860’s it was leased by Frederick Bell who opened the house as a private asylum. In 1865 John Shiels leased the property and established a family hotel and guesthouse. Regentville was destroyed by fire in 1869. This area is now part of the Mulgoa Nature Reserve.