Community

Police charge man over sex assault

Police from St Marys Local Area Command have charged a man following an allegation of sexual assault which occurred last month....

Arrests over nightclub brawl

Five men have been arrested by officers from the Gang Squad’s Strike Force Raptor after investigations into a Penrith nightclub brawl....

Disgraceful attack

EXCLUSIVE: A mother and grandmother were mortified when they looked in the back of an ambulance and saw a battered and...

Waste issue re-surfaces

Betrayed. That’s the word several locals have used to describe how they feel in relation to the potential backflip by the...

Buried for a cause

A local retailer stepped up a campaign against the “dirty coal industry” by burying a staff member neck deep in coal...

Social notworking

Social networking has surpassed the “craze” stage. With more than 800 million active users and one trillion page views in June,...

Welfare winner

Erskine Park High’s student welfare program has been recognised with a state-wide achievement award.   The...

Weekender goes back to school

Students at McCarthy Catholic College in Emu Plains will be given an insight into the world of newspapers over the coming...

Incident at Australia Post

WEEKENDER FIRST: Police, Fire and Rescue and Paramedics were called to the Australia Post distribution centre located on Jack Williams Drive,...

Chase through local streets

A 35-year-old male from Willmot has been charged with Skye's Law and numerous other offences following a motor vehicle pursuit on...

Police search for taxi thieves

Police are appealing to the public to identify two taxi passengers that stole a sum of cash from a tax driver...

Climbing a virtual mountain

It may not look like it, but these two teenagers are in the process of climbing a mountain. ...

Day my eyes were opened

When I walk down Penrith’s High Street on almost a daily basis, I’m pretty confident I won’t walk into trolleys, smash...

Fete this weekend

St Clair OOSH Care has been operating in the St Clair area for over 30 years providing high quality before...

Wagons to be restored

Almost 100 years of history will be preserved with two of Penrith City Council’s authentic Bennett Wagons set to undergo repairs....

On your bike

There could be an influx of people cycling around the area when Penrith City Council constructs a shared-use path along Mulgoa...

Seniors raise concerns

More than 30 local seniors met with Federal Minister for Mental Health and Ageing, Mark Butler, and Lindsay MP, David Bradbury,...

Another home invasion arrest

A second man has been arrested and charged over an alleged home invasion in Sydney’s west last month. ...

Understanding Council

One of Penrith City Council’s most senior staff members gave young business people an insight into the workings of local government...

Concern over cruelty

A local resident and WIRES volunteer has been shocked at the inhuman treatment of a pair of wild goats. ...