Penrith will stay in Sydney until round 11 under the revised NRL Draw released today.
The NRL released details of Rounds 3 and 4 last week but after finalising details with broadcasters have confirmed the rest of the schedule today.
Venues have only been determined until Round 9 with the NRL hopeful some clubs will be able to return to their home grounds, and potentially invite fans back into stadiums later in the year.
Fans already knew Penrith would play Newcastle and the Warriors in Rounds 3 and 4 but they can now look forward to a Round 5 blockbuster against Parramatta on Friday, June 12.
In Round 6 Penrith will return to their temporary home ground of Campbelltown Stadium to play Melbourne, and will be back it up at the same venue against Souths in Round 7.
The regular season now finishes at the end of September with the Finals to be played throughout October.
NRL Acting CEO Andrew Abdo said the 2020 season promises an exciting and unpredictable competition.
“After months of careful preparation and planning, the NRL Telstra Premiership is back and will be faster and tougher than ever before,” he said.
“Everyone has fought so hard to get the game back on the field. There are new fixtures and new venues, but when the players take the field, the desire to win will be that much higher given the sacrifices made to this point. The schedule of 18 uninterrupted weeks of football combined with the new rules to make the game faster, will deliver the heart-pounding entertainment fans expect.”
In announcing the draw, Mr Abdo also acknowledged the vital role the game’s partners had played to ensure the resumption of the competition.
“I want to thank all stakeholders including our naming rights partner Telstra for their continued support. I particularly want to thank our television broadcast partners Foxtel, Channel Nine and Sky New Zealand who will bring our game to millions of fans,” he said.
“And I want to acknowledge Chairman Peter V’landys, and the Commission for their leadership as well as the Clubs and Players for their united commitment and spirit to ensure the resumption of the competition.”
Mr Abdo said the rescheduling of the Origin series this year provided an enormous opportunity to provide fans with an uninterrupted series in November.
“The changes to the schedule this year have allowed Origin to be played after the Grand Final – which is a first for the game, 40 years after the birth of the country’s biggest sporting rivalry,” he said.
“And to have our women’s Origin match on prime time on a Friday night – just two days after Game Two of the men’s series – will make this two-week period an historic one for the sport.
“This season will offer storylines, drama and excitement that cannot be scripted. Kick-off cannot come soon enough for all of us.”
Fans who have already purchased tickets, NRL Hospitality or NRL Travel packages will be contacted directly by the NRL or Ticketek as soon as the venue for each State of Origin game has been confirmed.