There are currently no vacancies at The Western Weekender. If you’d like us to keep your resume on file for a sales, editorial, production or administration position, send an email to email@example.com.
The Weekender has a proud partnership with Jobs Available Western Sydney. Here’s their latest jobs listings:
Dominos Pizza in Glenmore Park and Kingswood is hiring delivery drivers.
Would you like to work in fast paced team environment? Do you like to drive around and have fun while working?
We are looking for young, enthusiastic, energetic person to join our team.
Great opportunity for School or Uni Student.
Must be available to work for at least 4 to 5 days include Friday and Saturday evenings.
Valid Driver's licence and car essential.
Phone 0427 654 321 to find out more.
#jobs #employment #positionsvacant
The Western Sydney Business Centre has been giving business advice locally for over 29 years. Every year we help many businesses in all areas that they require assistance with. In just the last 12 months we have seen over 1,200 businesses for advice making our Centre Western Sydney’s premier business advice and training provider.
In short, we provide business advice, run many training programs and workshops and work collaboratively with key partners which strengthen our services.
We believe that not everyone is hired based on qualifications or years of experience. We are looking for a proactive and motivated person with the right positive attitude, a helpful nature, and most importantly, someone who represents the points below:
• A people person who loves to listen as well as communicate
• The type of person who is always bubbly and has a great energy
• Is outgoing, organised and gets things done
• Love helping people to achieve their dreams
• Familiar with Microsoft office and the use of databases
• Self-motivated, proactive, shows initiative and loves responsibility
• Can work alone as well as part of a team
• Is keen to be a part of a team that achieves more than its competitors constantly
• Can handle following systems and procedures
• Is enthusiastic, passionate, and driven
WHAT WE WILL PROVIDE
We understand that people are our business, so as a highly valued member of our team, you will be provided with:
• the opportunity to grow with further development pathways
• a supportive and strong team orientated approach
• up-to-date office systems and software
• a clean a spacious work environment
• offices with close proximity to food and transport options
• regular chances to grow your skillset
You will be joining an award winning and respected team of advisors and administration staff. As our Administration Assistant/Receptionist, you will:
• Enjoy the role of being trusted with keeping clients happy and making them feel welcome in every contact they have with our Centre
• love taking ownership and being responsible for some of our Centres marketing, including social media
• be understanding when receiving all feedback from our clients, and ensure that their expectations are always being met
• proactively update and maintain our systems that enable you to perform any tasks required by you in your role
HOW TO APPLY
If you fit all of the above criteria, please forward your resume firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us why you are better than other candidates. School leavers looking for a fantastic opportunity are encouraged to apply.
Please do not call the office. We will contact you for a first round phone interview if you sound like the person we are looking for to help our Centre grow.
Working with labour power they are seeking a candidate with min 1 year experience in labouring industry. Good work ethic and drivers Lic with reliable car.
Please phone Rachelle Harika at Advanced Personnel Management (APM) Merrylands on 1300276456.
Dynamic Personal Trainer/ CrossFit Coach invited to run their business from a state of the art private indoor strength and conditioning facility in Penrith.
4-6 hours per week of Coaching CrossFit Group classes available.
Must have CrossFit Level 1 Cert, Senior First Aid, Own insurance, certificate 3 and 4 in fitness, previous experience preferred.
Please contact Daniel -email@example.com
0433 540 427
Convenient Parramatta location !
Must be available for an immediate start
3 month contract with likelihood of extension
This is a fantastic opportunity for a confident and highly motivated HR administrator to join a dynamic business.
Reporting to the head of HR, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing administrative and operational assistance and will ideally have the capacity to identify and implement structural and procedural improvements within the organisation.
At minimum, this will be a three month contract role with likelihood of extension.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Managing casual employment agreements and contracts
- Supporting client group with recruitment
- Maintain and update the recruiting database and Coordinate candidate packs
- Supporting Business Partners with grievance management and other HR activities
- Answering general enquiries
- Assisting the team with ad-hoc projects / duties as required.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in HR or relevant area
- A strong administration background with knowledge of employment legislation, HR policies and procedures
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
For a confidential discussion please contact Kate McVicar at 9019 1600 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Events production company requires hard working, dedicated, reliable person with good communication skills to assist our production team with event logistics such as booking crew, transport, accommodation etc.
Also assist with administration and marketing. Experience with Word and Excel required.
18 Hours per week on average, flexible start and finish times.
Please email cover letter with CV to email@example.com.
We are looking for experienced Forklift Operator to work in a busy warehouse in Blacktown.
You will be required to perform general warehouse duties aswel as operating the Forklift high reach to load and unload deliveries.
You must have a valid forklift license and previous experience will be an advantage.
Previous pick and pack experience. Immediate start for the right candidates.
You need to be punctual, reliable and be able to work as part of a team.
Please call Lisa 9194 5538 or email your resume to Lisa.Power@hireforce.com.au
Oricom are seeking a full-time Product Returns Officer to join their team.
The successful applicant will have knowledge and experience in warehouse and customer support environments. Whilst knowledge of consumer electronics would be a bonus, your work ethic, attitude and personality are the most important factors for us, as extensive training will be provided.
You will be working in support of a fantastic team, assisting customer support staff in general duties. The role is the perfect fit for a hard-working applicant, who is keen to learn, reliable, takes pride in their work and enjoys coming to work with a small team who pride themselves on their superior level of positive customer support.
Duties, responsibilities and required skills include:
• Picking / packing orders and warranty returns
• Manage the product returns process including receiving, inspection, troubleshooting, replacement and dispatch of goods.
• Check all returns against the applicable policy
• Experience with product RMA and Warranty process and procedures beneficial
• Maintain and upkeep of stock.
• Efficiently entering data relating to returns and support calls into our nominated CRM program
• Handling inbound and outbound parcels.
Key attributes required for the position:
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and a friendly and welcoming manner
• A motivated, responsible, personable and proactive nature
• A high level of accuracy and attention to detail, punctuality & reliability.
• Fork lift drivers licence desired but not essential.
• You will be able to demonstrate a 'nothing is too much trouble attitude' and no hint of a 'that's not my job' attitude!
• Flexibility and ability to re-prioritise tasks according to changing work needs.
• Strong OHS focus.
• Intermediate computer, calculation & administration skills.
• Willingness to assist your fellow team members and become an integral part of a strong team
• Understand and pro-actively contribute to the company's broader goals
• Must be physically fit & able to perform the assigned duties
• Lateral and innovative approach to problem solving.
• Up to date and effective understanding of warehousing techniques and Warehouse organisation protocols.
If you think this sounds like the right job for you, send us your resume & include a cover letter telling us why you're the right fit for us. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
No agencies please.
Send all resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
#jobs #employment #positionsvacant
Required for immediate start for delivery and handling of windows and doors.
* Mr licence Driver with good driving history and Sydney metro knowledge
* Reliable, punctual & motivated candidate
* Ability to work with deadlines, unsupervised and part of a hardworking committed team
* Heavy lifting at times
Monday - Friday 6am start.
Daily overtime and the occasional weekend work.
Email resume to email@example.com
#jobs #employment #truckies #positionsvacant
K & S Foods
We are a family owned snack food manufacturing company seeking experienced process workers to join our team on a casual and permanent basis.
In this role you will be required to:
- Work on a fast paced production line
- Operate cooking and packing machines
- Be able to lift between 15-25Kgs
- Complete housekeeping duties
To be considered for this roll, you MUST:
- Have a strong work ethic
- Be physically fit, as there will be manual handling involved
- Be reliable and punctual
- Have your Own reliable transport
Previous experience in the food industry and a forklift licence will be highly desirable.
Kindly email your CV/Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
#jobs #employment #positionsvacant
Plumbing & Civil Construction company based in Wetherill Park is looking for a reception/admin person who can multi-task & ensure a high level of service for their clients.
- Answer Phones & direct calls
- Prepare Tender requests
- Prepare Project site packages
- Invoice Preparation
- Digital & Hard Copy Filing
- No direct experience required.
Customer Service skills, Industry knowledge, Motivated to learn & positive attitude will be an advantage.
Email your resume to email@example.com
#jobs #employment #wetherillpark
Hix Group Pty Ltd
Our Projects team is on the move with a range of projects under way for key clients!!
We are a Penrith Based business with a range of projects throughout the Sydney Metropolitan area & are now seeking to add to our team.
We are seeking a Licensed Electrician, who enjoys “being on the tools” & has solid projects experience including construction & commercial fitout.
You will work under the direction of our Projects Manager, performing and overseeing site works , guiding other team members, ordering materials & attending site meetings .
You will be meticulous with quality, have experience in working on a range of medium to large projects, both in a team and independently, & have strong Work Health & Safety & Environmental management values.
Whilst our company is based in Penrith, work will be in the local and Sydney metro area. Attractive wages, vehicle, uniforms & phone provided.
We are seeking a Licensed Electrician, who enjoys “being on the tools” & has solid projects experience including construction & commercial fit out.
All applications will be treated in confidence
Experienced painters required that have experience in trim, cutting, rolling and ideally previous commercial painting experience.
Must be able to offer after hours availability as some roles are within commercial properties that will need to be painted after hours when sites are not accessible by the general public.
Own transport to enable candidates to travel to varying sites.
Please phone Anita Holland at Tursa UPPER MOUNT GRAVATT by phoning 0732168657.
This is a 12 month full time position where the successful applicant will be working towards their Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care.
If you are an enthusiastic and reliable person who is keen about starting a care in childcare then forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
School leavers are encouraged to apply.
Our Client is a leader in the recycling industry. Their newest project is to deliver new recycling bins in the Baulkham Hills Shire Council Area. Commencing on the 24 th July, the Client requires several labourers for this new project as the business is expanding.
It is a requirement of this position that the suitable candidate have a current NSW C Class License (Manual Only)
ABOUT THE ROLE:
- Induction & full training provided
- Attractive rates
- Wet weather gear provided
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Be punctual, have a strong work ethic and be reliable.
- Have a current NSW C Class Manual License
- Be available to work Monday-Friday
- Have previous construction/labouring experience
- Be able to communicate effectively with all site personnel
- Have general PPE (Hi-Vis & wide-Brimmed hat)
As this is an on-going role, you must be able to commit to the job Monday-Friday for at least 2 months.
The Client provides a full induction and training commenced on site. If interested in this position, please contact us (02) 9616 6800 for further information quote job number 203165495
We have a new & unique role for an experienced Electrician /Technician who has worked in the Electrical maintenance and fault finding area BUT has a preference for carrying out administrative duties associated with this field, to join our busy Electrical Division.
This may be because you are now unable to perform the physically challenging parts of a trade role out on site or simply have a preference for working in the office rather than on the tools.
You will be responsible for:
- Preparation, checking and accuracy of invoices & quotes ready for processing
- Preparing paperwork and documentation for jobs
- Assisting the section managers in preparing quotes and reports etc
- A range of administrative duties associated with the progress and handling of scheduled works for our electrical maintenance team
Your strengths will be:
- Extensive knowledge of electrical maintenance with past experience as a licensed electrician in this field
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong literacy & numeracy skills
- Strong computer skills and ability to learn the operation of our Job Management system quickly and effectively
- Good phone manner and ability to deal with clients and staff alike.
Please note this is NOT a Supervisory role and Trade Knowledge and experience is a MUST.
If you are interested, please send your resume now to:
HR@hix.com.au or contact Lea Hicks ,General Manager or Justin Walker, Senior Manager if you require further details, on 02 47217500
Experienced glazier required.
Drivers Licence essential
Duties include: measure and install of shower screens and general glazing.
Forward CV to email@example.com or call (02) 4731 5386
- Help grow the commercial practice
- Take ownership of property, commercial and estate planning matters
- Clear progression path
- Parramatta location
Excellent opportunity for a 5+ year Property Lawyer to develop their career in this boutique family law firm.
Your new company:
This specialist family law firm has a number of offices across the Sydney area and prides itself on having one of the strongest family law teams who offer advice and support to clients across all areas of family law.
Your new role:
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Property/Conveyancing Lawyer to join their Commercial team at their Parramatta office. Working in a small team and reporting in to a well regarded Partner, you will have carriage of property and conveyancing matters in addition to general practice matters including commercial law work and wills & estates, including estate planning and litigation matters.
What you'll need to succeed:
You will have a minimum of 5 years PAE in property law and conveyancing from another reputable practice and a genuine desire to further your career in this space. You will also have an ability to work independently, a positive team approach and be motivated to deliver results.
What you'll get in return:
On offer is an opportunity for career progression within the firm for the right candidate who is motivated to expand the firm's existing client base in addition to delivering a premium service to its current clients.
What you need to do now:
If you're interested in this role, forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to Tina Kokkalis at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her on (02) 8226 9664 for a confidential discussion.
Reference Number: 1893502
We are a Huntingwood Based, busy packaging operation which is rapidly expanding, and an opportunity now exists for experienced Process Workers.
We are seeking team orientated; self motivated Process Workers who will become an integral part of our fast paced operations.
Your main duties will include:
• Opening and providing stock to lines.
• Stacking pallets in correct layouts.
• Keeping lines clear of waste.
• Work at fast speeds.
• General production tasks.
To be successful in this role you must have:
• The ability to work under pressure.
• Previous or similar experience on production lines.
• Excellent communication skills.
• A reliable person with a strong work ethic.
• Must be a team player.
• Ability to travel to and from work at short notice.
• Attention to detail.
• Quality focused.
Day, afternoon and night shifts available.
A rewarding career lies ahead to the right candidates who show initiative and work ethic.
Email your resume to: email@example.com