There are currently no vacancies at The Western Weekender. If you’d like us to keep your resume on file for a sales, editorial, production or administration position, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Weekender has a proud partnership with Jobs Available Western Sydney. Here’s their latest jobs listings:
An opportunity exists for a happy, outgoing, personality plus, mature lady to assist in the operation of a child care centre.
Duties will include but are not limited to, the meeting and greeting of parents and children with an emphasis on personality plus and some office duties. If you are seeking a change of career then you should take this opportunity to call us.
You must have a Diploma in Childcare.
Drivers license and a police check are required.
Call: 0413 387 597 for a brief interview.
Chiropractic surgery requires a reliable and motivated person to assist in all aspects of reception and administration procedures.
Including but not exclusive to patient bookings, records management, email correspondence, answering inbound phone calls and other general admin duties as required.
Please phone Business Manager at MAX Employment PARRAMATTA on 0294077300.
Looking for a cleaner that knows how to use a sweeper.
Full-time position with good pay.
Must have experience and speak English.
Please contact email@example.com
- Global Brand
- Management and succession training
- Base + bonus + staff discounts
Over 390 stores in Australia and more than 17,000 employees we are an iconic Australian brand, delivering quality products within the (QSR) Quick Service Restaurant industry.
About the role:
Reporting to the District Manager, you will manage operations at one of our restaurants. At the forefront of sales, marketing, customer service and food service operations, you will drive the growth and profitability of the business. With a clear focus on developing staff through coaching and mentoring, managing promotional activities and stock control, you will build a highly successful and effective business.
- Deliver high levels of customer service
- Recruit, train & manage career development plans for staff
- Manage teams
- Drive sales & Profitability
- Maintain all OH&S operational requirements
- Manage costs & expenses
- Develop a competitive spirit amongst staff
- Encourage & develop staff to exceed KPI’s
- Manage rostering system
- Oversee the ongoing maintenance of equipment
- Implement national & state marketing activities
- Retail or Hospitality leadership experience essential
- Experience delivering exceptional customer service
- Strong sense of urgency
- Exceptional organisational skills
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
- Proven ability to adapt and learn quickly
All applicants for this position will be required to provide a National Police check. Please note that people with criminal records are not automatically barred from applying for this position. Each application will be considered on its merits.
Assistant Manager – $53,436 incl. Super + Bonus potential
Restaurant Manager – Between $54,750 to $60,225 incl. Super + Bonus potential
How to apply:
If this sounds like the exciting opportunity you have been looking for then apply now! Please email your resume to George@works4you.com.au or for more information call our office on 02 9635 0014.
South West and M5 Corridor
The Role Consists of project administration and assistance for one of our major customers which involves the following;
- Interpreting & Creating Scope of Works
- Creating Project Programme Schedules
- Identifying and developing a scope of works for each project and particular subcontractors and suppliers
- Issuing Purchase Orders for Subcontractors & Suppliers Using Buildlogic
- Coordination with the project teams
- Customer Management & Coordination
- Reconciling Costs and processing invoices for specific projects
- WHS Coordination
- Identifying & Submiting project variations & extensions of times
- Final Reconciliation & Invoicing
- Arranging & coordinating deliveries and works on site.
- Project Cost Reporting
- Minor Quotations as required
- This roles involves teamwork and ongoing collaboration with all internal team members and external stakeholders
- During this role you will be reporting back to senior management
Candidate Characteristics to Include:
- Trustworthy & Honest
- Self Motivated
- Excelent attention to detail
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office
- Quick Learning
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
Located in the heart of Penrith, Penrith Bowling and Recreation Club are looking for a reliable, friendly, outgoing person to join their team.
Experience is preferred but not essential. Shifts include nights and weekend work.
Current RSA & RCG certificates required.
Check us out at www.penrithbowling.com.au.
Please forward your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Ugly Mug Coffee House has become a standout in the Hawkesbury and is well known for its positive atmosphere, with their passion being shared with every customer and clearly making its way into the food.
Ugly Mug offers exceptional coffee which is complimented by our appetising & flavoursome food menu that covers breakfast, lunch & afternoon tea. Being passionate about the Hawkesbury and having a great love for our customers, we believe our calling is to create something special for the area.
We have currently taken the liberty to offer a position in our dynamic kitchen.
We are seeking someone who is driven with a passion for producing exciting culinary delights.
The ideal candidate will possess exceptional time management skills, an extensive background in preparing and cooking meals or simply someone who has a driven determination for producing outstanding meals again and again.
Consistency is a true virtue in this role and the ability to make every meal the highest quality is desired.
If you feel you have what it takes as a CHEF don't hesitate any longer. To apply, email email@example.com
Warehouse – South Penrith
If you would love the opportunity to work in a friendly environment, this could be the job for you! Position open for warehouse worker with up to 4 hours a day, with flexible days and work hours Monday to Friday.
Sydney Solvents is a family owned business with over 20 years’ experience. We specialise in solvents and cleaning products across Australia. We are currently looking to grow and have a warehouse worker to join our team.
Job tasks and responsibilities:
- Prepare and complete orders for delivery or pickup according to schedule (load, pack, wrap, label, ship)
- Receive and process warehouse stock products (pick, unload, label, store)
- Perform inventory controls
- Keep a clean and safe working environment and optimise space utilisation
- Operate forklift for either receiving orders or processing them
- Maintain stock levels of products
- Basic use of computer
Skills and experience:
- Good organisation and time management skills
- Current forklift license would be an advantage but not essential
- Eye for detail to ensure orders and paper work are correct
- The right attitude
Please send through a paragraph telling us a bit about yourself, and why you would be a great additional to the business.
Send information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Part time - Sydney Solvents Pty Ltd
If you would love the opportunity to work in a friendly environment, this could be the job for you! Position open for working Monday to Wednesday, additional flexible days, and opportunity to go full time in the future.
Sydney Solvents is a family owned business with over 20 years’ experience. We specialise in solvents and cleaning products across Australia.
We are currently looking to grow and have a part-time admin worker to join our team. This job would be most suited to a mum who needs work flexible work hours, or someone wanting part time work.
Job tasks and responsibilities:
Answering incoming calls
All daily invoicing
Preparing supplier invoices for accounts payable
Getting orders ready
General office duties as required
Skills and experience:
No experience required, but the right attitude is a must!
Ability to work independently
Team player and ability to show initiative
Sound written and verbal communication
Sound computer skills in MS office
Administration skills in MYOB is an advantage but not essential
To apply for this great job, please email us your resume and a cover letting including a bit about yourself, what are you need to improve on, long term goals, why you would be a good fit for us and what you have to offer. Send all information to email@example.com.
We are a Penrith-based business with a range of projects throughout the Sydney Metropolitan area & are now seeking to add to our team.
We are seeking a Licensed Electrician, who enjoys “being on the tools” & has solid projects experience including construction & commercial fitout.
You will work under the direction of our Projects Manager, performing and overseeing site works , guiding other team members, ordering materials & attending site meetings .
You will be meticulous with quality, have experience in working on a range of medium to large projects, both in a team and independently, & have strong Work Health & Safety & Environmental management values.
Whilst our company is based in Penrith, work will be in the local and Sydney metro area. Attractive wages, vehicle, uniforms & phone provided.
Please forward your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Enquiries to Andrew Osborne or Justin Walker: 4721 7500.
#penrith #jobs #electrician #tradies #positionsvacant
The Western Weekender
This is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic, confident sales person to join the team of one of Australia's leading independent newspapers - The Western Weekender.
The Western Weekender has been part of the Penrith community for more than 25 years. Now part of the Western Sydney Publishing Group, we are in an exciting period of change and seek a superstar Sales Representative (current superstar or superstar-in-training!) to support our work to provide an independent voice for the community.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Building and maintaining client relationships – understanding client needs, developing and proposing innovative solutions to help them achieve their goals, while also achieve our own revenue targets
- Keeping up to date with industry trends, changes and developments, to identify and pursue mutually-beneficial opportunities
- As part of the sales team, contributing to the development and implementation of longer-term business opportunities to optimise revenue.
You will be able to demonstrate:
- A proven track record in a fast-paced sales environment, with accountability for achieving revenue targets (media sales preferred but not essential)
- Exceptional interpersonal skills combined with strong written and verbal communication skills
- A "can-do" attitude and an enthusiastic, confident approach to work
- Proven time management skills and the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Proficiency with the Microsoft suite of programs and, ideally, experience using Hubspot and/or Pongrass or similar systems.
So what's in it for you, I hear you ask?
- The opportunity to work close to home (Western Sydney/Hawkesbury/Blue Mountains)
- Uncapped commission potential
- Regular professional development and further support for those with less experience
- Working with a small team at one of Australia's leading independent newspapers, dedicated to providing a voice to the local community
If you're excited by the opportunity and think you have the skills and experience we're after, please apply – we'd love to hear from you!
To apply, hit 'apply now' or send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
#penrith #media #jobs #employment
Sydney Sports Medicine Centre
Sydney Sports Medicine Centre is one of the largest multi-disciplinary Sports Medicine practices in Australia.
Located in the NSW Institute of Sport building at Sydney Olympic Park, we encompass all aspects of Sports Medicine including Sports Physicians, Sports Physiotherapists, Podiatrists, Orthopaedic Consultants, Massage Therapists, Dieticians, Exercise Physiologists and Sports Psychologists. Most of our practitioners are involved with professional or National Sporting, Commonwealth and Olympic Games Teams.
We are currently seeking a full-time Receptionist to join our friendly team on the front lines.
The role includes (but is not limited to) - Greeting patients and visitors - Management and scheduling of patient bookings and billings - Dealing with telephone enquiries - Administration support to practitioners and other staff - General administration duties.
As a very busy practice, the ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Demonstrated experience in administration
- Switchboard experience and a pleasant telephone manner
- Demonstrated customer service experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office, including OneNote
- Very good attention to detail
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Reliability, flexibility and good time management skills
- Previous medical administration experience
- Experience with medical practice software
- An interest in and knowledge of sport
- Experience in a multi-discipline environment
- Reception is staffed Monday-Friday 7:45am - 7pm and Saturday 8am - 1pm. The successful candidate must be available every day within this time frame, including some Saturdays.
Free parking is available on-site and we are also located within walking distance of Olympic Park station.
Remuneration will be based on qualifications and experience.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close 30th June 2017.
#jobs #homebush #receptionist #positionsvacant
A popular Ladies Salon is looking for 1st and 2nd-year apprentice Hairdresser.
No Sunday work to start ASAP. To apply please call Ronda on 02 9707 4929
We are currently seeking a passionate Property Manager. This is a rare opportunity to join our successful office, where you will work alongside our friendly and driven team.
You will enjoy the benefits of a full time leasing officer and a trust accountant as part of your PM team. PLUS monthly commission/incentives.
- Covering all aspects of Property Management including:
- Portfolio Management
- Liaising with landlords and tenants
- Managing repairs and maintenance
- Scheduling routine inspections
- Conducting In going Inspections
- Conducting Final Inspections
- Arrears Management
- Tribunal Preparation and Attendance
The ideal candidate must:
- Have minimum of 2 years experience as a property manager
- Have a positive and motivated attitude
- Have a passion for Real Estate
- Be available for immediate start
- Be impeccably presented with outstanding communication skills
- Have a high level of attention to detail and organisational skills
- Be able to work independently whilst being a team player
- Have a current Certificate of Registration, a drivers licence and a presentable car
If you feel you have the right experience and skills we would love to hear from you.
If you require any further information please do not hesitate to contact me.
Western Sydney University Early Learning provides high quality education and care for children 0 to 6 years of age. We have six services located within the grounds of the Western Sydney University Campuses.
We currently have a position available at our Penrith centre for an experienced cook for an immediate start. This position is available initially for a period of 6 months on a part time basis for 15 hours over 3 days.
This role is job share and the preferred applicant may be required to fill in from time to time for an additional 2 days.
A Food Handling Certificate, a Working with Children Check and National Police Check are essential for this position.
Please send your applications along with your cover letter to the Centre Director at email@example.com.
Applications will be accepted until Friday 23rd June 2017
We are currently seeking a Medical Receptionist to join our Medical practice. To be successful you will have the following attributes:
- Minimum one year office working experience or experience as a Medical Receptionist.
- Can work on Saturdays and Sundays.
- Intermediate computer skills, good phone manner, excellent communication skills.
- Fluent English and Mandarin/Cantonese speaking
- General administration duties, intermediate Data -
entry/typing Skills, good attention to detail.
- Punctual, reliable and trustworthy, self-driven, be able to work in a team environment as well as autonomously.
Please email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We supply to multiple commercial/domestic air conditioning manufacturers in Greater Western Sydney. We are looking for 10-15 production assemblers to work in these companies with timed starts.
As part of these roles you will required you use air and electric tools with repetitive lifting and be working across multiple stations (cross skilling).
Experience/Skills required for position:
A- ssembly experience in white goods essential - Fridge, washing machine, air conditioners etc
- Be able to perform basic and safe manual handling (15-20kg)
- Safely use hand tools
- Have quality focussed outcomes
- Be familiar with production output targets and work to deliver these daily
- Proven experience working as a part of a team on a fast paced assembly line
Whats in it for you?
- Ongoing roles with an immedidate start -
- Day shift available
If this is the opportunity you are looking for dont hesitate and apply now! or forward your resume to email@example.com
All interviews for this role will take place in North Parramatta and include drug and alcohol screening and a physical agility test.
Limitless Air Solutions is looking for 1st or 2nd year Air conditioning apprentice who is keen and interested to learn.
In this role you will carry out installation, service and maintenance to well known air conditioning brands.
Apprenticeships are 4 year duration, the first 3 years require regular attendance at Tafe and successful passes in all subjects of the Tafe curriculum are essential.
- Be enthusiastic and have willingness to learn
- Be extremely reliable
- Be well presented
- Be motivated and committed to complete apprenticeship
- Have current Drivers License
All uniforms, relevant training and safety equipment will be supplied.
If you feel you meet these requirements please email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Prestons depot - Sydney metro work
Tomkat Roofing is looking for an experienced Roofing Estimator to work with their young, dynamic team.
Structured growth over recent years has created new positions within our business.
The successful candidate will:
• Have hands on experience with roofing, both tiled and metal
• Have experience estimating on both maintenance and new roof work
• Have experience with ordering of materials and scheduling of works
• Have experience with report preparation
• Have great customer service skills
• Experience should be shown on your resume
• Be reliable
• Be computer literate – simPRO job management software is used
• Current roofing licence
• Drivers licence
• WHS White Card
• Minimum 5 years working directly in the roofing industry in a similar role
Excellent conditions and remuneration package on offer for the right candidate including car and phone .
If you believe you meet the above requirements, and would like to express your interest in this great opportunity, please email through your resume to email@example.com