There are currently no vacancies at The Western Weekender. If you’d like us to keep your resume on file for a sales, editorial, production or administration position, send an email to email@example.com.
The Weekender has a proud partnership with Jobs Available Western Sydney. Here’s their latest jobs listings:
Be the envy of your mates! Join Sydney Tools, the market leaders in retail of professional power tools with major brands such as Makita - Milwaukee and Dewalt
Sydney Tools is a well-established Australian owned business with a strong online presence and multiple locations across Australia. Following an exciting period of growth and success, we are currently seeking applications from an enthusiastic and experienced Dispatch, Pick Pack Storeman to join our team at the Penrith store.
Key Qualities of Successful Applicant Will Include:
- Current forklift licence
- Ability to accurately pick/pack job orders with attention to detail
- Positive "can do attitude" with ambition to excel
- Good communication and customer service skills
- An eye for merchandising
- Physically fit
- Able to work 6 day roster
- Experience in a similar position preferred
- Proactive, self-motivated and driven to succeed
- Well organised and possess good attention to detail
- Ability to follow policy and procedure
- Career growth and development opportunities
- Generous remuneration and long term employment stability
- Opportunity for development into Sales Specialist role
This role is an excellent opportunity to work with a reputable company, which will provide you with a platform to grow and develop within a supportive environment. This is a great opportunity for a key player to really make their mark within the business.
If this sounds like your kind of job and you're up for the challenge, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Enthusiastic person required for small business based in Western Sydney performing a variety of different works in the commercial sector.
Must be punctual, reliable and physically fit.
This role would suit a school leaver.
White card, driver’s licence and PPE Gear an advantage.
Immediate start available
Send resume to: email@example.com
Laminate Benchtop manufacturing company located
in Western Suburbs, seeking a full time employee to start immediately and join our team.
The position is factory based and training is available for the right candidate. Experience is an advantage.
The job includes Factory duties associated with the
fabrication of benchtops from start to finish.
*Read drawings and measurements.
*Operate machinery like Panel Saw and CNC
*Complete laminate benchtops using hand tools
*Clean and finish benchtops for delivery as required.
The suitable candidate must be
*Work unsupervised or part of a team
*Own transport/Can’t reply on public transport
*Willing to work overtime
If you think this role is suitable for you, please call David or Rita on 0409 499 900 or 02 45 72 54 54.
Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Use your Civil Engineering experience and join this young dynamic organisation who know how to look after their staff
- Civil Structural Design Engineering experience in Australia required
- Hands on experience designing form-work
- Construction experience essential
My client has a superior reputation in the construction industry with branches all along the East Coast and service clients nationally when required. They are a young and diverse company with steady growth over the past number of years and are currently looking to expand their Engineering team to serve ever increasing demand from their clients.
We are seeking a practical structural/civil design Engineer with 5+ years of experience to join the Sydney based Engineering team.
The successful applicant will be required to carry out the following duties:
• Design of temporary propping, shoring and traffic support systems utilising the Hire gear in accordance with relevant Australian Standards.
• Liaise with clients, subcontractors and other professional staff.
• Provide support for site based installers to ensure that buildability issues are resolved quickly and effectively.
• Prepare CAD drawings, specification and methodology documentation.
• Attend site and provide certification of the design and/or site installation works.
• Carry out research and design of structural elements to assist in the product development of new and innovative products to add to the hire fleet.
• Assist the Sales Team with concepts for sales proposals.
• Travel inter-state and assist with Engineering operations within other branches when and as required.
To be considered for this role, the applicant must demonstrate the following:
• Hold a tertiary degree qualification in civil or structural engineering.
• Strong technical knowledge and experience in the installation of structural systems and building services across multidiscipline products and services.
• Be astute commercially such that the optimal structural solution for the client/business can be designed.
• Structural/ civil design experience of temporary and/or permanent works in accordance with relevant Australian Standards.
• Solid analytical & problem solving skills supported by excellent verbal & written communication skills.
• Experience in using design software such as Autocad, Inventor/ Solidworks, Spacegass, Microstran etc.
A suitably attractive package will be negotiated for the right person.
Please submit your CV today in word format to email@example.com for the opportunity to join a great company who really know how to look after their staff.
Construction based projects ranging from the National Broadband Network to Private Residential and Commercial Development Projects. We also provide Property Assessment, Management and Maintenance service for our clients investments. Looking for an experienced Office Support and Administrator to join our team.
This role will involve:
- Answering reception phone calls.
- Scheduling trades staff with customers
- Ordering stock
- Entering invoices into MYOB
- Additional administrative tasks as required
- Exception inter-personal and communication skills
- Intermediate Excel skill and other MS Office skills.
- A keen eye for details.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in Office and Admin support role.
Rate $42k - $45k + Super
To Apply please send your resume to George@works4you.com.au
Or Call 0296350015 for more information
The Western Weekender
This is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic, confident sales person to join the team of one of Australia's leading independent newspapers - The Western Weekender.
The Western Weekender has been part of the Penrith community for more than 25 years. Now part of the Western Sydney Publishing Group, we are in an exciting period of change and seek a superstar Sales Representative (current superstar or superstar-in-training!) to support our work to provide an independent voice for the community.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Building and maintaining client relationships – understanding client needs, developing and proposing innovative solutions to help them achieve their goals, while also achieve our own revenue targets
- Keeping up to date with industry trends, changes and developments, to identify and pursue mutually-beneficial opportunities
- As part of the sales team, contributing to the development and implementation of longer-term business opportunities to optimise revenue.
You will be able to demonstrate:
- A proven track record in a fast-paced sales environment, with accountability for achieving revenue targets (media sales preferred but not essential)
- Exceptional interpersonal skills combined with strong written and verbal communication skills
- A "can-do" attitude and an enthusiastic, confident approach to work
- Proven time management skills and the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Proficiency with the Microsoft suite of programs and, ideally, experience using Hubspot and/or Pongrass or similar systems.
So what's in it for you, I hear you ask?
- The opportunity to work close to home (Western Sydney/Hawkesbury/Blue Mountains)
- Uncapped commission potential
- Regular professional development and further support for those with less experience
- Working with a small team at one of Australia's leading independent newspapers, dedicated to providing a voice to the local community
If you're excited by the opportunity and think you have the skills and experience we're after, please apply – we'd love to hear from you!
To apply, hit 'apply now' or send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
#penrith #media #jobs #employment
We are in search of the BEST Personal Trainers to join our team.
What are we looking for:
- Qualified and energetic Personal Trainers who are results driven and passionate about the success of their clients and the growth of their personal income.
We are looking for someone who has/is:
- 12 months experience in PT (desired not compulsory)
- Results driven
- High self motivation and drive
- Extremely good work ethic with outstanding customer service values
- Exceptional communication and networking skills
- A desire to continue building a fun and vibrant club culture
- A desire to have total control over your income
- A basic understanding of sales and marketing strategies
What skills do you need?
- Current Cert III & IV in Fitness
- ABN & Insurance
- First Aid & CPR
- Working with children check
- Fitness Australia Registration
What will we offer you?
- A large and constantly growing database
- Non competitive environment
- No overflooding of Personal Trainers
- Daily lead generation opportunities for new and existing members
- Exposure to our membership database and social media platforms
- Regular Group PT,Group classes, school classes, bootcamp opportunities available
- Online client booking system completely integrative with apple and android phones
- Sales and enquiry handling training
- Personal and professional development
- A fun and awesome working environment
- Endless support
Working with Oxigen Fitness will provide you with unlimited opportunities of growth in income and skills. If you love working in a fun and vibrant environment, are motivated, passionate and a GO GETTER, apply today.
To apply email your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com.
Opportunity for a Sales Administrator to grow with the organisation and evolve with the business.
- Sales Administration & coordination
- Western Suburbs location
- Construction industry
Full Job Description
My client are an Australian owned and operated business with Branches throughout NSW & Qld, they service the Construction Equipment industry and have a superior reputation in the industry.
They are seeking a switched on Sales Administrator to assist the sales department process client orders.
Key duties & responsibilities include:
- Assist with sales department with coordination of the delivery of new and used machinery and attachments
- Preparation of delivery packs for the clients, including risk assessments and completing of warranty paper work
- Take delivery of parts and attachments, training will be provided for forklift license if required
- Raise purchase orders for attachments with suppliers
- Once the sale is complete to save all delivery documents to the client folders and submit all warranty paper work with the manufacturer
- Assist in preparation of marketing material and point of sale material for the reps
- Assist in setting up for trade shows and events when required
- Ensuring safe work practices in the business
- Maintain all necessary compliance and training
- Ensure procedures for preparation of machinery is strictly adhered to
- Coordinate contractors
- Maintain and establish strong communication with sales reps to assist with increasing their sales
- Enter all client data in the CRM system for the sales reps as or when required
- Assist with new ideas to improve process and systems with the business. Your input is valuable!
Key skills & experience:
- Customer focused with a 'can do attitude'
- Willing to learn
- Forklift license desirable
- Switched on with the ability to multi-task
- Strong reconciliation skills
Apply today to join a company that will offer you a career path and further develop your skills & experience.
Submit your resume in 'WORD FORMAT" to firstname.lastname@example.org
Bastow Civil Constructions
Laborers required, for civil excavations and pipe laying.
Drivers License and White Card Mandatory. Truck license and Excavator Competency an advantage.
Call Bastow Civil on 0425 638 331 or email email@example.com to apply.
#jobs #employment #positionsvacant
The Laing+Simmons Parramatta Group are looking for a dynamic and confident Junior Commercial Property Manager to join our successful Property Management team.
You will be responsible for managing all aspects of a Commercial Property portfolio (excluding accounts) and must be able to work autonomously and as part of a team.
The successful candidate must possess the following:
* A genuine interest in Property Management
* Experience in Commercial/Retail is a bonus but not essential
* A pro active attitude
* Very strong attention to detail
* Exceptional time management skills
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to adjust and adhere to company systems and procedures
* Hold a Certificate of Registration or License
* Hold a Driver's License and own a reliable vehicle
Remuneration package based on experience..
Please forward your Resume to Rebecca Yelda at firstname.lastname@example.org
#realestate #jobs #parramatta #employment
Magic Freeform Benchtops
Magic Freeform Benchtops located in Western Sydney is a
benchtop manufacturer who specialises in laminated products, seeking a fulltime employee to start immediately, factory based.
*Experience in laminate benchtops and postforming preferable (training provided)
*Operating panel saw (an advantage)
*Be punctual and have a strong work ethic
*Can follow directions, work independently and work as part of a team.
*Wages based on ability above award rates.
If you have a basic knowledge in joinery or building, it is an advantage, training will be provided.
Please contact Dave or Rita on 0409 499 900 or 4572 5454.
#jobs #berkshirepark #positionsvacant #employment
Just Better Care
At the Just Better Care Ryde, Parramatta & Bankstown offices, we are seeking a Care Coordinator who will embrace Just Better Care's national objectives of delivering in-home care for people who are frail, aged, living with a disability or dementia – with compassion and dignity.
The role involves:
- Coordinating services with Support Professionals, matching skills and locations between customers and field staff.
- Managing a team of Support Professionals.
- Ensuring quality standards are maintained at all times and that customers' expectations are met or exceeded.
- Assisting with admin and HR tasks.
- Utilising the Just Better Care system, Procura, competently and keeping data up to date at all times.
- Forming and maintaining a professional relationship with your team of Community Support Professionals.
- Supporting your team through effective work allocation and rostering, clear communication and building rapport to facilitate retention of staff.
- Forming and maintaining professional relationships, based on reliability and accuracy, with each case manager or coordinator from external organisations, who refer services.
- Staff file maintenance.
- Compliance tasks related to Disability and Aged Care National Standards.
- Organisation and communication skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Staff management skills
- Attention to detail
- Commitment to excellence
- Driver's licence
The role is permanent full-time and involves an after-hours, on-call component on a one-week-in-four roster
Email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
#jobs #employment #positionsvacant
Are you an experienced barista looking to be a part of something special? Cafe Lelunar Westfield Penrith is hiring!
We are dedicated to providing customers with the best coffee, meal and service experience.
The Barista's responsibilities include:
* ensure every cup of coffee is made to the highest quality
* build and maintain customer relationships
* maintaining/adjusting coffee machine and grinders
Minimum 1.5 years experience in a similar role. Ability to perform latte art is a must, previous Campos training will be highly valued.
* friendly and outgoing personality
* have a real passion for coffee
* leading by example
* able to work under pressure
* able to work within a team
Must be able to work at least 5 days a week including both weekends. PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR AVAILABILITY AND PHOTOS OF YOUR LATTE ART IN YOUR REPLY
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
#penrith #employment #jobs
Inbound customer service position paying $28.00 per hour + super.
12 month contract with the view of extension!
Paying $28PH + Super
Brilliant Opportunity to work for a large transport organisation.
Inbound Customer Service roles In Parramatta paying $28 per hour Plus Super
Your new company
This transport authority is one of the lead agencies in the NSW Transport cluster. They are responsible for the development of a safe, efficient, integrated transport system that keeps people and goods moving, connects communities and shapes the future of our cities, centres and regions.
Your new role
As this company goes through a large infrastructure change they require several high quality customer service candidates for an immediate start. The main purpose of the role will be inbound calls from customers and clients, explaining changes and new implementations that will be happening around the Sydney area. The main objectives of the roll will be to improve customer experience by delivering simple but effective information The role will be based in Parramatta.
What you'll need to succeed
To be successful in this role, you’ll be passionate about providing great customer service, and have the natural flair for delivering an experience that goes above and beyond expectations. We are looking for people who comes from a customer service background either in call centres or a relevant field who are willing to learn and deliver positive outcomes.
What you'll get in return
This is a great position for someone looking to expand their career as they really want people to help shape their business. You will be working within a great team environment in modern offices. $28 Per Hour + super and the chance to grow within the company.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or email email@example.com
Reference Number: 1787163
ARC Training offers training of the highest standards. Our blended approach includes on the job, face-to-face and simulated work placements. We are at the forefront of helping people achieve real and practical skills, enabling them to make career development easy.
Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Supporting the Training Delivery Manager
- Coordinating a number of training programs with clients/partners
- Record keeping and liaising with relevant staff
- Coordinating training resources, rooms and facilities across multiple states
- Be part of a team supplying end-to-end service
- Ensuring that all training is compliant
- Be responsible for the LMS
Who are we looking for?
- Experience within Vocational Education and Training
- The ability to coordinate multiple tasks and priorities workflows to meet complex deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience using a learning management system
- Intermediate Excel and Word skills
- Experience using or administering a LMS
- Someone who can do some occasional interstate travel
- A working with children's check and national police check
What we offer?
- Competitive salary and bonus structure
- Ongoing professional development opportunities
- Excellent work culture
- Modern offices located in the heart of Parramatta CBD
- Opportunities for career progression
For more information call David Kopycinski 0415 123 108 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Owned and operated for close to 15 years by a team of top performing Directors, this is an agency built on a reputation as one of the leasing industrial and commercial offices across Sydney.
As a dynamic team with a priority to provide to their high end clients, this team are continually searching for new ways to improve customer satisfaction, property knowledge and technology systems.
Currently seeking a Commercial Property Administrator to support a strong team, this is an opportunity to align 5-star service both online and offline.
Monday - Friday, we are seeking an experienced Commercial Sales Administrator to be the backbone to the most recognized names in the industry.
Utilising your customer service, relationship management and administration skills daily, on a day to day basis, you will be responsible for:
- Preparing Marketing Materials
- Coordinating photo shoots, floor plans, marketing material and agent branding
- Uploading properties online to advertising portals
- Preparing Heads of Agreements
- Managing social media platforms
- Compiling reports
- Preparing Leases
- Co-ordinate and attend all appointments for marketing
- Responding to email enquiries
- Database management & entry
Skills & Experience and Benefits:
- A current Certificate of Registration, valid driver's license and car
- Previous Real Estate Experience
- Must possess a massive amount of energy
- Will be ambitious, driven and hungry
- Have strong presentation and communication skills
- Knowledge of the Eastern Suburbs
- Receive one on one training for a highly experienced, successful agent
- Monday - Friday opportunity
- Definite career progression
- Great salary on offer
- Parking available
For more information:
Please call Elise Gander on 02 9362 8500 or 0425 317 530
or email your CV to email@example.com
All applications will be held in the strictest of confidence. Only those with the right to work in Australia need apply.
Immediate Start, Competitive Hourly Rate
Potential Contract to Permanent
Carpenter required for a large maintenance sub-contractor to carry out domestic repairs and maintenance
Your new company
A large sub-contractor has an immediate requirement for an experienced Carpenter to join their maintenance trades team to carrying out basic Carpentry on a portfolio of Service Stations.
Your new role
In this role you will be required to carry out all-round maintenance and some minor construction works on a range of residential sites in Sydney and the role will be based in Parramatta.
What you'll need to succeed
To be successful in your application for this role you will need to be a qualified Carpenter, NSW drivers licence, company vehicle and previous maintenance and construction experience.
What you'll get in return
This position offers a highly competitive hourly rate, along with the opportunity to work for a large Sydney based sub-contractor.
What you need to do now
For more information on this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org or you can contact Aaron Vandermeel on 02 9249 2222 quoting reference #1670321
Parking on site
Central South west location
This innovative market leader is known for providing exceptional service to their customers and are constantly trying to improve their quality of service and be the best. They are looking for a Customer Service Officer to be a part of the busy regional team.
This is a permanent role. It is available due to the rapid growth of the business. The company is looking for switched on, experienced Customer Service Officers.
- Answering general enquiries
- Processing orders through Sales force system
- Processes customer and account source documents by reviewing data for deficiencies; resolving discrepancies by using standard procedures or returning incomplete documents to the team leader for resolution.
- Ensure all details are taken accurately and actioned accordingly.
- Make calls to clients to ensure that the product has been checked and any issues have been resolved
- Data entry and attention to detail applied to ensure all notes are documented
- Maintains data entry requirements by following data program techniques and procedure using Sales force system
To be considered for this role:
- MUST HAVE 2+ years customer service experience
- Sales force experience is advantageous
- A “can do” attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to deal with a variety of tasks using time management skills
- Attention to detail is a must.
For more information you can call Micah Reynolds in our Greater Western Sydney office on (02) 8894 2726 quoting Job Reference 496738
If you enjoy teamwork and passionate about your job well done, we want to hear from you.
This is a full-time position and you will be rewarded with a salary plus car (parking provided) and phone allowance package, Our team culture is supportive, vibrant, fast paced, results driven and customer focused. Well established for over 25 years, our office is highly respected in the local market and consistently awarded amongst our peers.
Some of your duties & responsibilities include:
- Leasing administration
- Processing applications - 'tenant selection'
- Undertaking property inspections and preparation of condition reports
- Routine inspections and outgoing inspections
- Rent reviews, monitoring and renewals
- Liaising with landlords, tenants, strata and trades-people
- Organising repairs and maintenance
- Arranging, preparing marketing for and holding open for inspections
You must be licensed or hold a certificate of registration and you must have a valid driver's license and a reliable car, and most importantly:
- You already have experience in Property Management
- You are familiar with REST
- You are professional in your current service to clients and customers
- You have an eagerness to offer exemplary customer service
- Your hard work ethic is underpinned by care, honesty, integrity and accountability
- You possess attention to detail and accuracy whilst working to deadlines
- Your written and verbal skills are of a high standard
- You are computer literate and are willing to learn our system
- You know the local area
- You are well presented
If this career opportunity has attracted your interest, and you would like to be part of our team, please send your resume to email@example.com
Working as part of a team at a small warehouse at the store, you must be physically fit for lifting of heavy stock.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Manual shifting, lifting, receiving, despatching and storing stock within the warehouse
- Receipting of stock
- Assisting customers when despatching stock
- General housekeeping duties
- Assembly of products
- Stock and inventory management
You will have a strong desire to learn and to make a difference, a positive and proactive attitude, effective communication, basic computer skills and an awareness of WH&S standards.
Please phone Rani Thind at Sarina Russo Job Access Blacktown on 0288678500.