There are currently no vacancies at The Western Weekender. If you’d like us to keep your resume on file for a sales, editorial, production or administration position, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Weekender has a proud partnership with Jobs Available Western Sydney. Here’s their latest jobs listings:
Experienced hands-on workshop manager from truck sector required to manage fleet workshop, lead small team, career opportunity, $100k + vehicle
We are working with a successful family own transport organisation who run an extensive fleet of heavy vehicles. To keep their fleet on the road they are seeking an experienced Workshop Manager to look after the workshop team at their Seven Hills base of operations.
Currently the role is a combination of 60/40 management/hands on, though the amount of time spent on the tools is expected to decrease in the short to medium term. The newly appointed workshop manager will be a key person in the management team.
- Responsible for planning, organising, and leading the workshop
- Currently 60/40 management/hands on
- Understanding of NHVAS and WH&S guidelines
- Staff management including regular performance reviews
- Budget management
- Good reporting skills
- Liaising with external repairers and suppliers
- Looking after parts and inventory
- Trade qualifications
- Proven ability to lead and develop staff
- Chance to lead a great workshop
- Well organised and good computer skills
- HC licence required
- High level of accountability
- Professional phone manner and presentation
This position is offering an attractive salary of $100k plus vehicle. We are looking for someone with a strong work ethic, who can take charge of the role and the workshop environment. If you would like to know more about the position, please send your resume to us today.
Jason Sultana MB:0414 669 673
Permanent Sales/Customer Service role paying $60K-$65K plus super plus commissions.
Work for an international business with parking on site
Gain exposure into how the business is run with the potential to grow.
Your new company:
Here we have a European manufacturer that is currently seeking a Sales/Customer Service Officer to join their Bankstown operation. This position has come about due to an increased demand for their products and they now want to capitalise on this growth by adding to the headcount.
Your new role:
Your role will be to work as part of a small team making outbound calls to both warm and cold clients to sell their products and advise on current promotions. You will also take inbound calls from clients calling to place an order, you will then enter the order into the system and follow up with the couriers for delivery. This is a great opportunity to learn the business from an operational perspective while being able to engage with customers to provide a quality service.
What you'll need to succeed:
To be successful in attaining this position you will; have previous outbound experience; have strong a clear communication skills; and be driven and passionate about providing a high level of service. You will be accountable, punctual, and proactive, and also have the ability to work autonomously to achieve set targets. As this is a permanent position, you must be an Australian Citizen or Resident to apply.
What you'll get in return:
This role is paying $60K-$65K plus super plus commissions and full training will be provided. There is parking on site. Normal business hours Monday-Friday.
What you need to do now:
If you're interested in this role, forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or send it directly to Jack.Grant@hays.com.au.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Reference Number: 1852721
As a room leader, the applicant must have a completed Master/ Bachelor of Teaching or Education or equivalent.
- Experienced in a similar role is preferred.
- Excellent communication and written skills
- Have knowledge of EYLF and NQF
- Have leadership and team work.
-Have working with children's check, and a current First Aid Certificate
- Ideally the candidate will hold a Batchelor of Early Childhood or a Batchelor of Teaching or is currently in their 3rd or 4th of Early Childhood Education.
We are deeply committed to providing a warm, challenging and positive environment to encourage each child to develop to their fullest potential.
If you want to join our teaching tem, please send your resume to email@example.com.
Product Marketer Social
Remuneration Package $111,562 - $123,846 p.a
Western Sydney University's Office of Marketing and Communication is seeking a Product Marketer Social to manage and drive the University's social media strategy through new and existing social channels.
The successful candidate, reporting to the Associate Director, Channel Marketing will be responsible for managing online community engagement and ensuring all content positions the brand effectively and is relevant to the targeted segments. The successful candidate is also responsible for managing social media advertising and is required to have a good understanding of all the underlying metrics to drive data based decision-making.
- Drive and manage the University's social media strategy, channel development and online community engagement.
Manage social media advertising, measuring performance and effectiveness.
- Plan, create and deliver engaging content to drive brand social engagement and advocacy across all social media channels.
- Provide analysis, performance tracking and reporting across all social channels and social media campaigns. Provide regular reports on social media content performance.
- Monitor and respond to comments and reviews, engaging with the community in the agreed tone of voice.
- Use Social Listening to identify consumer behaviour and leverage insight, spot trends, recognise opportunities for engagement and influencers to engage with, and identify appropriate platforms to leverage engagement.
- Understand the changing consumer landscape and champion the social consumer, providing recommendations and thought leadership to the wider team.
- Manage a direct report (Social Platforms Officer) and work closely with the Manager, Contact Services Centre to manage the University's social media customer care program and staff.
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- Relevant degree or post-graduate qualifications and/or equivalent significant professional experience in a marketing role.
- A demonstrated understanding of online marketing theory and web practice with proven success in designing innovative and effective digital marketing programs with the ability to extract, analyse and evaluate market intelligence from marketing information systems.
- Demonstrated substantial experience in digital and social media strategy development and implementation.
- Demonstrated substantial experience in social media, building online communities and marketing planning and management with proven problem solving and trouble shooting skills.
- Ability to focus on strategic, long-term plans and determine and implement effective strategies for achieving objectives.
Proven organisational, planning and project management skills
- A high level of written communication skills and a demonstrated commitment to best practice and quality service delivery.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team, meet deadlines and complete duties without close supervision.
This is a full-time, ongoing position based at our Penrith, Werrington North Campus.
Remuneration Package: HEW Level 8 $111,562 - $123,846 p.a. (comprising salary $94,271 - $104,651 p.a., 17% superannuation and leave loading)
Position Enquiries: Brad Pidgeon email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 5 May 2017
Fresh Break in Westpoint Blacktown, is seeking an experienced, hard working person, to fulfil the following roles:
- Barista Duties
- Sandwich making
- Salad/Fruit Preparation
- Preparing and serving fresh juice
The position is on a casual basis, and would begin with 25-30 hours per week - with the opportunity to increase and you must be available for 7 day rotating roster.
This is a demanding role, and the applicant must be able to work under pressure and must have great customer service skills.
Coffee making experience is essential, as is fluent English. Must be able to lift boxes 15-18kg and happy start early.
Immediate start is available
Please apply within.
Fresh Break is located in Westpoint Blacktown in the Fresh Food Court Level 1
Please email resume to email@example.com
About the business and the role
Sydney Talent Company was established in 1983 as an Acting School and as a Talent Management Agency. We teach children, teens and adults acting for screen and stage and, for those who wish to enter the Australian entertainment industry, we offer an avenue through our agency for actors to audition for professional work in all media. We have classes in Baulkham Hills, Penrith and Pennant Hills. Currently we are seeking teachers for our Penrith classes in term 2 and for our Baulkham Hills classes later in the year.
Job tasks and responsibilities:
Our teachers will put together a program of study suitable for the class they are teaching as each group of students is individual and may need special focus on a particular aspect of the acting curriculum. Our main focus is on script work to be appended with improvisation, voice training, movement, presentation, etc. The teacher helps the classes also prepare for an end of year drama presentation during which all the classes come together to share their work with each other.
Skills and experience:
We prefer teachers who are also experienced actors. The teacher should have already taught students in the age range for which they are applying. The locations usually require that the teacher has a car and driving permit.
For more info or for application submission, please email your resume or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Ref No. 590/17
Western Sydney University's Office of Marketing and Communication is seeking a Marketing Officer to assist the Marketing Manager, Campaigns in coordinating and executing campaign marketing planning and direct marketing activities relating to specific student recruitment campaigns within the University.
The successful candidate, reporting to the Marketing Manager, Campaigns will work closely with internal stakeholders and analysts while liaising closely with agencies to drive student activation, engagement and conversion.
- Maintain an annual marketing plan and calendar for campaigns;
- Assist with the delivery of the contact strategy for existing and new course launches and oversee deployment of the associated communication plans to drive student recruitment including collecting prospect cohorts and executing creative in eDM, SMS, outbound and direct mail marketing channels;
- Compile campaign tracking and reporting to ensure campaigns are optimised in the market where possible and that key learnings are fed into future campaigns;
- Assist the implementation of campaigns, including customer targeting, creative development and liaise with creative & production suppliers to make sure projects run to time and budget;
- Assist communication briefs and creative related to student recruitment campaigns for internal and student communications, owned channels (website, campus digital signage, email banners, social media and call centre);
- Engage with various internal departments and work closely with external agencies and suppliers including day to day contact, budget spend, performance and quality to oversee and execute campaigns (brand, acquisition, growth and retention) that include online and offline elements.
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- 4+years marketing experience, ideally in education marketing, direct marketing or a subscription business environment;
- Experience in both online and offline direct marketing, campaign management, analytics and optimisation strategies that can increase engagement;
- High levels of client service skills and experience in a complex, client service driven campaign marketing environment
- Superb attention to detail, personal organisation and project management abilities including managing multi-channel marketing plans;
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent experience with Microsoft Excel and other reporting systems
- Preferably a tertiary qualification in marketing, business or economics.
- Be willing to be upskilled in using Adobe platforms
This is a full-time, ongoing position based at our Penrith, Werrington North Campus.
Remuneration Package: HEW Level 5 $$79,393 - $89,922 p.a. (comprising salary $67,088 - $75,985, 17% superannuation and leave loading)
Position Enquiries: Lindsay Crump on (02)96787402 or email email@example.com
Closing Date: 30 April 2017
Vault Interiors have been established for over six years and we are growing at a rapid pace. We are leaders in the property styling industry and a unique opportunity has become available in an integral part of our hard working and dynamic warehouse and installation team.
- Previous experience in furniture industry is not essential although an advantage
- Physically fit, enthusiastic, self-motivated, well presented, has excellent customer service skills, is reliable, trustworthy and punctual.
- Full current NSW drivers license is essential and MR license is preferable.
- Ability to follow directions and work within a small team environment
- Eye for detail
- Loading and unloading of trucks
- On site artwork/mirror hanging and installation
- Assembly, packing and unpacking of furniture
- Undertake manual handling tasks in a safe and efficient manner
- Warehouse duties include:
- Picking and packing
- Regular lifting of furniture
- General warehouse tasks
To be successful in this key role you will need to demonstrate:
- Proficiency in the use of hand and power tools
- Possess a "can do" attitude with excellent problem solving skills
- Be physically fit and highly motivated
- Ability to work cohesively in a fast paced team environment
- Ability to work unsupervised and meet deadlines
- Proven ability to deliver consistent high levels of customer service
- You are a dedicated self-started who strives to achieve excellence in the work place
- Current "C" class drivers license
This position is a fulltime casual position with the potential with the view to permanency for the right individual. If you feel you meet the above criteria and have at least two work references, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Pick Packing needed for Part time position.
ASAP start required.
Please phone Glen Davidson at Global Skills MOUNT DRUITT by phoning 0296754216.
Experienced Excavator/Bobcat Operator required for busy and expanding business with other employees, based in lower mountains and working mainly in the western Sydney areas.
A licence and transport is essential. This position is available for immediate start and will be a full time position after a trial period. Pay rate is hourly and by negotiation depending on experience.
Please text our secretary Melinda on 0414544110 or email resume to email@example.com
Our client is an established Real Estate leader in the Fairfield Area with an experienced and innovative team that thrive on new challenges. As the most highly respected and sought after group, this is an agency with an extensive loyal client base that provide continued support and generous amount of referrals. Operating out of open planned, sleek offices with a shop front on a grand scale, this is a prominent team on the top of everybody's wish list!
Monday - Friday, This is a fast paced role supporting that will see you utilise your administration skills. We are seeking someone bright and bubbly to be the face of the business, welcoming all clients that do walk through the door. At the first point of contact, your day to day responsibilities will include both admin and sales support:
- Answering and diverting calls
- Meeting & Greeting clients
- Mail, banking, filing
- General support
- Provide full administration support to the team
- Database management and updates on the intranet
- Diary management
- Organise all marketing, photographers and floor plans
- Manage social media marketing
- Local knowledge and experience is preferred
- Immaculately presented and well groomed
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Possess a strong work ethic
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Certificate of Registration preferred but not necessary
- Motivated, friendly & Bubbly
- Award winning agency and large franchise
- No Saturdays
- Neat & Tidy Portfolio Supportive Director and great team culture
- Excellent Career Progression
- Annual awards night & excellent Christmas Parties
Remy Chatenay on (02) 9362 8500
or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Castle Hill Toyota
Castle Hill Toyota, one of Australia's best performing Toyota Dealerships is searching for a Yard Hand to join our team.
The following attributes are more important to us :
- Demonstrate initiative
- Honesty and reliability
- Always willing to lend a hand where needed
In the role you will be lending a hand around the dealership, assisting with the overall operation of the business.
You'll be required to move and refuel vehicles, provide customer service support and undertake general yard maintenance including our new car park when required.
The position would also suit a mature individual looking to re-enter the workforce.
A clean manual drivers licence is essential for this role.
If you're ready to move to a happy, dynamic and highly successful working environment, please contact CRAIG ATKINSON on (02) 8831 8888 or email email@example.com
#jobs #castlehill #employment #positionsvacant
The Western Weekender
The Western Weekender, Penrith's leading local newspaper, currently has a one-day-per-week unpaid internship available in its newsroom.
This is an opportunity for an aspiring journalist to get on-the-ground experience in a local newsroom.
Would suit a university student who has unpaid internship hours as part of their degree requirements.
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
#jobs #media #penrith #employment #westernweekender
We are currently looking for a Full time Pharmacy Assistant in the South Penrith area.
Must have a current drivers licence. Must have a S2/S3 Certificate. Must have Pharmacy experience.
Hours of work will be Tuesday 8.30-6.30pm, Wednesday 9-6.30pm, Thursday 9-5pm, Friday 9-5pm and Saturday 8.30-1pm.
Fax resume to 4722 2807 or email to email@example.com
#jobs #penrith #positionsvacant
We are looking for waitresses and waiters for a brand new high end Vietnamese restaurant in Parramatta, near the eat street.
Must have experience and speak English. Multi tasking abilities would be required. 6 days a week, from 10am-3pm or 5pm-10pm.
Please attach resume. Contact Mr Ly by email firstname.lastname@example.org or SMS 0410 038 816.
#parramatta #jobs #employment #positionsvacant
My client is a manufacturing facility in western Sydney. We currently have a vacancy for a Trades Assistant with the ability to weld both MIG and stick.
Other duties will include general factory hand work, grinding, loading and unloading, cleaning and everything required for the smooth running of a busy factory.
This person of many hats will not be opposed to general cleaning and sweeping the floors as necessary. You are a "get in amongst it" type person.
Other qualities we are looking for:
Experience in a fabrication / welding environment
Ability to use power tools (grinders, etc)
Good time-keeping and reliability
Work well as part of a team
Ability to follow instructions
Ability to keep a neat and organised workplace
Work with safety in mind at all times
A forklift and overhead crane ticket would also be desirable.
The role offers varied and interesting work, above award hourly rates and overtime is generally available.
Apply by sending your resume (MS-Word format) attention Craig Beechey quoting ref: CB6139 to email@example.com.
You can call Craig on 0415 451 474 for further information if required
· Long standing business
· Onsite parking in Seven Hills location
· Flexibility in role
Macfarlane Generators has been in business since 1949. We specialise in the supply, installation, hire and service of new and used generator sets for industrial, commercial, domestic and recreational applications. With Clayton South, VIC being the head office, we also have offices in Sydney and Brisbane to give us great coverage of the east coast of Australia. Our Seven Hills branch in NSW is in need of a Diesel mechanic to look after the servicing and repairs on various generators.
This role, based in our Seven Hills office, is broad ranging in the equipment to be worked on. The majority of the work is with diesel generators. However, there is also work on petrol engines. A good mechanical understanding is a requirement and generator experience and understanding would be an advantage. The role is a critical role within the branch and has support from some highly skilled and experienced staff. The role reports to the Branch manager.
· General servicing petrol and diesel engines
· Fault diagnosis and repair
· Keeping company documentation accurate
· Pre-delivery and load testing of generators
· Other works as directed by management
· Experience with diesel engines and suitable qualification
· Willingness to learn the product
· Cleanliness in all aspects of work
· Time management and organisational skills
· Good written and verbal English skills
· Own suitable tools
· Experience in a similar role
We offer a workshop that is clean, light and functional. There is onsite parking and easy access to the site. Attractive remuneration is on offer, suitable for experience and the role. Working an 7.30am to 4pm, 5 day week based on 38 hours plus 2 hours flex leave.
Email details resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Seven Hills mechanical position" as the subject.
We are Australia's leading independent supplier of diesel commercial vehicle parts with head office located at 11 Parramatta Road, Lidcombe.
We are looking for a reliable, friendly Receptionist with excellent phone manner to join our customer-focused team in our Sydney head office.
15 minutes walk to Lidcombe Station. Car parking available nearby.
To apply you must have:
- Excellent work ethic.
- Ability to manage a busy switchboard.
- Ability to work well with others at all levels of the organisation.
- Outstanding communications skills both verbal and written.
- Excellent listening skills.
- Impeccable punctuality.
- Strong computer literacy.
- Professional presentation.
Please email your resume to:
Part time - Penrith
OnePointHealth is a modern, progressive facility based in Penrith delivering the highest quality healthcare through services including Podiatry, Physiotherapy, Chiropractic, Dietetics, Exercise Physiology, Massage Therapy as well as a Specialty Footwear Store and Custom Orthotics designed onsite and manufactured in our Lab – www.onepointhealth.com.au
Our philosophy at OnePointHealth incorporates clinical expertise, evidence based and a patient centred approach, as such the applicant must be comfortable working in this environment and alongside other practitioners with this same philosophy.
We are searching for a Massage Therapist to join our team on a part time basis with the view to growing this presence. Applicants must be proficient in techniques that encompass sports massage, which may include active release therapy, trigger point therapy, myofascial release, lymphatic drainage and others.
To be successful you must:
• Suitable qualified with Hicaps provider numbers
• Be able to handle a patient load of 15-20 a week.
• Be willing to work in a corporate environment, be self-confident and able to self-promote
• Willing to participate in monthly and yearly specials offering staff discounts and perks
• High level communication and interpersonal skills in order to communicate with people from a wide range of occupational groups
• Passion to grow the OnePointHealth business and ability to work autonomously
• An attitude and work ethic of the highest standard
There is currently a strong cross referral base from the physiotherapy aspect of the business and potential for an even larger increase in referrals from the above mentioned allied health therapies, as such we require:
• Minimum Diploma Remedial Massage
• Good communication skills between therapists & patients
• MBP/BUPA Provider Number & registration with Health Funds
• Excellent time management
• Excellent reliability & professionalism
• Ability to work independently
• Commitment to job stability
This position may involve evening and Saturday morning work. We can offer the right candidate the opportunity to work in a nurturing team environment with exceptional facilities.
• Diploma level qualifications
• Membership with AAMT or equivalent
• Current first aid certificate
• Eligibility to provide health fund rebates
• Public liability and professional indemnity insurance
The applicant must be proficient in the basics of:
• Assessing a client’s medical history, symptoms, and other relevant information before treatment
• Apply proper pressure to the patient to avoid injuries and bruising
• Consult with other health practitioners to provide patients with the best therapy
• Maintain records of treatments
• Refer clients to other therapy, if necessary
Who will be successful in this role?
• Passionate, driven individual who places emphasis on their personal growth and career success.
• Lives on the extra mile.
• Willing to give 100% to achieving and exceeding expectations constantly.
• You don't take yourself too seriously.
• You love being a part of a great team and enjoy having fun.
What we can offer:
• Internal healthcare benefits via our array of services including our gym.
• A fresh, modern fitout.
• A huge staff lunchroom and breakout area.
• Staff amenities including a shower.
• A brilliant culture amongst staff
• Be so close to all public transport, shops and foot options.
To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com. In the email, briefly tell us why you are the person we are looking for.
We are a real estate signboard company looking to employ some casuals for our factory in Mount Druitt.
Due to an increased workload we need 2-3 casual workers with the view to full time employment.
The successful applicants must:
- be capable of using hand tools and some power tools
- be a fast learner
- have the ability to follow instructions
- be able to work independently as well as in a team
Main duties include:
- building and maintaining real estate signboards
- loading the prints onto the signboards
- general workshop duties
Our factory is close to public transport.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org