There are currently no vacancies at The Western Weekender. If you’d like us to keep your resume on file for a sales, editorial, production or administration position, send an email to email@example.com.
The Weekender has a proud partnership with Jobs Available Western Sydney. Here’s their latest jobs listings:
Hills Nursing is a leading provider of in-home care and support to clients in Sydney’s western, north-western and northern suburbs. We are a family-owned business that has been operating for over 60 years.
We are looking for a keen and well-presented individual who has had prior experience in a reception/ administrative role. This is a full-time position with hours of 7:30am to 4:00pm, Monday to Friday. There may also be work from home required on some weekends/ weekday evenings for after-hours assistance. This will be discussed in detail during the interview.
In this position you will,
- Handle telephone calls, distribute central voicemail/ email/ fax messages, interact and answer queries for clients and staff
- Assist with client coordination and work with a team responsible for rostering of community nurses
- Maintain office stationary, printer supplies and basic nursing supplies
- Ensure that filing, copying and data entry are up-to-date
- Be part of a rotating roster for our Afterhours service, once trained
- Coordinate appointments, assist in induction of new staff
To be successful you will need to:
- Have completed Year 12 or equivalent
- Have a great work ethic, be reliable and punctual and work well in a team environment
- Have one to three years experience in a receptionist/ administrative position, preferably in the healthcare industry.
- Have excellent spoken and written communication skills and a ‘can do’ attitude
- Have excellent interpersonal skills
- Respect and maintain confidentiality
- Be comfortable using MS Office/ Outlook and a working knowledge of office equipment, like printers and fax machines
- Have excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
- Possess strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
- Be able to provide a satisfactory Police Clearance
- Relevant additional qualifications will be highly regarded
Hills Nursing may also offer the opportunity to the right applicant to undertake a traineeship where they will be enrolled in a Certificate IV in Business Administration, depending on their previous qualifications and level of competence.
To apply, please forward your letter of application and detailed résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote position C1613 in your application and provide current telephone numbers of at least two referees.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified, experienced and motivated persons to fulfill the Maternity leave role of part-time School Counsellor within our school. This position is part of our wellbeing team supplementing the work of our current School Counsellor.
The role of the School Counsellor is to assist in meeting the needs of students, families and staff in ways which will enhance the wellbeing and development of the School community. In order to achieve this, the School Counsellor will work closely with those in key roles of Pastoral Care and Learning Support; Deputies, Welfare Coordinators, Year Advisers, (Learning Support Coordinators). This position reports to the Principal via the Deputy Principal - Student Welfare and Administration.
The successful applicant needs to:
- Be a Christian of Reformed persuasion, who is active in their own church and wholeheartedly subscribes to the School's Educational Creed as found on our website www.tyndale.edu.au under Our School, Educational Creed.
- Have a minimum of diploma level qualifications in counselling or pastoral care
- Have previous counselling or pastoral experience Have a warm, friendly and professional manner that is able to engage students and staff and set them at ease, particularly when discussing difficult matters.
- Be able to maintain confidential counselling records and abide by privacy legislation whilst at the same time keeping the Principal and Deputy Principal informed about student and staff matters.
- Be willing to engage in regular professional development and participate in school counsellor network meetings
- Have a can do attitude and a willingness to work as part of a team
- Depending on the level of qualifications this position is classified under the NSW Christian Schools General Staff Multi-Enterprise Agreement as a Wellbeing Services Grade 2a or 2b position. This is a "Term Time" only position and does not work in school holiday periods.
- The anticipated commencement date would be Term 3, 2017.
Tyndale Christian School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the safety, welfare and wellbeing of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants will need to provide the new NSW Working with Children Check, and sign a Statutory Declaration under the oaths Act 1990 (NSW) under section 40A of the Child Protection (Working with Children) Act 2012.
- Please apply in writing using the official Application Form which is available from the School Office or on our website www.tyndale.edu.au under Quick Links, Forms "Application Form - General Staff"
Please also enclose a full CV, and details of 3 confidential referees (minister, employer, and colleague) and send this to: The Principal, Locked Bag 35, BLACKTOWN NSW DC 2148 or email to Elizabeth.email@example.com.
Closing date for applications Friday, 21 April 2017
Passionate, energetic and fast paced, does this sound like you?
Then don't wait apply now and accelerate your retail management career in a business with real opportunities! We are looking for a great Assistant Manager to help lead a fantastic team in Blacktown.
Now is the time to start your new career and be part of a business that is truly passionate about their people!
A hands on, energetic retailer
A customer service expert!
A people person with proven positive management skills
Someone used to working in a fast paced environment
Someone looking for real career progression
Strong Inventory/Stock management skills
Work with the Store Manager in providing outstanding customer service
Execute amazing store standards and demonstrate outstanding merchandising skills
Work at controlling all cost of doing business areas whilst providing outstanding in store execution
The ideal candidate will have management experience in a specialty retailer or FMCG environment.
You must be flexible in your hours and have the ability to work a flexible retail roster.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Interested? Email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Tresami Computer Engineering is a provider of Managed IT services located in Western Sydney.
We currently have an opportunity for a Junior Service Technician to join our team.
We are currently looking for a team player to deliver excellent service and support to our customers. You will need a fantastic phone manner and awesome written communication skills as well as a good understanding of computers and networks.
As part of this role you will be required, but not limited to:
• Assist customers troubleshooting and answering queries
• New computer builds, repairs and upgrades
• Virus/spyware prevention and removal
• Undertake basic troubleshooting and diagnosis of an issue
• Accurately interpret and record relevant information into our ticket tracking system
• Ability to install and support a broad range of software
To be successful in this role, you will need:
• Experience in providing technology support for a variety of platforms
• Experience in installing and supporting networks, servers and computers
• Ability to use Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Office tools.
• Exceptional customer service skills
• Fantastic communication skills;
• High standard of personal presentation
• Strong sense of urgency and the ability to get things done right the first time
• Strong drive to succeed in a team environment
If this sounds like the job for you, then please apply today!
Please email your application including resume to email@example.com
We are seeking a meticulous and detail focused administrator to Schedule jobs for our Fire Service Technicians using our Job Management System (simPRO).
Duties will include:
• Entering jobs and scheduling programmed works for our key contracts
• Preparing asset registers and other documents relevant to sites
• Monitoring and preparing all documentation to be provided to clients
• Making bookings for attendance at client sites
• Assisting with other administrative duties as required within the admin team
You will ideally have:
• Experience in using Job Management Software for entering and scheduling works ( simPRO would be ideal but not essential)
• Knowledge of the Fire Services industry or similar trades field
• Skills in scheduling & juggling client and technician requirements
If you are interested in joining our rapidly expanding team, please email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are seeking a trainee for our growing medium sized Insurance Brokerage located in Parramatta.
This is a career position which will involve on the job and correspondence training.
The sucessful applicant will have completed their HSC and have a desire to buld a career in the Financail Services Industry.
Please forward all applications and queries to email@example.com
Business Development Manager
DSBS is a Perth based IT company looking to expand their workforce nationally to Sydney.
There are openings right now for a goal-driven, hard-working 20-35 year old Business Development Manager and Account Executive.
If you wish to take your career to the next level, follow the links below and apply now!
Lander Toyota is a Top 20 national Toyota dealership representing the number 1 brand in Australia. Based in the heart of Sydney's western suburbs we are at the centre of the nation's second largest economy.
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced service technician to join Lander Toyota in Blacktown. Reporting to the Service Manager, the duties will include:
• Carrying out vehicle repairs and maintenance as per manufacturer's manuals.
• Conducting logbook services and warranty repairs.
• Troubleshooting and repair of mechanical and electrical issues.
• Assist apprentices in their continual development.
The successful applicant will possess:
• Trade qualification within a relevant automotive field.
• Experience of working within a dealership environment.
• Diagnostic experience (desirable)
• A current Manual Drivers Licence.
• Clear communicator with good organisational skills.
• A passion for delivering superior customer service.
• Confident and professional people skills.
• Strong eye for detail.
What we offer:
• A rewarding career within a well known and respected business.
• A workplace that focuses on zero harm.
• A supportive and dynamic team environment.
• Access to a range of career development and advancement opportunities.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a highly successful business and a dedicated team!
To apply online, please click on the apply now button below. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
We are a medium sized firm of Chartered Accountants located in Parramatta. The job is to assist our busy Receptionist/Office Assistant. It is a varied role which will start with clearly defined tasks for which you will be given training and support.
You will be a valued "all rounder" who combines great communication skills with sound computer literacy skills.
You will need to be someone who is:
- Good with "the detail" as scan and digitally file documents and handle emails.
- Will happily help our partners, staff and clients in all the little things that makes an office hum
- Has great verbal and written skills
- Is "quick witted" - easily grasping instructions
- Wanting a part time position - could be school hours, but at least 12 hours a week
You are possibly a person who:
- has previously worked in an administration role
- likes to work independently but collaboratively
- has sound Word, Excel, database, e-filing skills
- can work in a busy office, seamlessly prioritising tasks
- is a happy, friendly person.
- has corporate presentation
Located centrally in Parramatta Spry Roughley provides high quality chartered accounting services to businesses, professional practices and international subsidiaries. We are proud of our firm and our people.
If you meet our criteria and would like to join our friendly team please email your resume together with a covering letter highlighting why you would be a great fit into our team
Armourshield is seeking a full time employee as one of our onsite spray applicators.
Armourshield is recognised as one of the leading companies in our field.
Work duties include liaising with clients, preparation, masking and painting of various items onsite. please visit our website at www.armour-shield.com.au
All equipment and vehicles provided.
Email your resume to Michael@armour-shield.com.au
#penrith #employment #jobs
We are looking for experienced labourers & shopfitters.
Recently relocated to a factory based at Seven Hills, most work is within the Sydney region however must be willing to travel interstate & work weekends/nights on occasion - paid in accordance.
**Labourer position includes car & phone in package**
* White Card
* Good Work Ethics
* Tech Savvy
* Drivers License
To apply please send resume to email@example.com - all applications will be kept confidential.
#jobs #sevenhills #employment
Tornados Bar & Grill
Tornados Bar & Grill Emu Plains is seeking enthusiastic staff to join our front of house team.
To be considered to this role you must be available to work on a rotating roster.
Key skills include:
- Taking orders
- Excellent customer service
- Attention to detail
- Basic knowledge of Bar operation
- Basic Coffee knowledge
- RSA Essential.
Please contact Baz directly on 0406 960 886
#jobs #emuplains #penrith #positionsvacant
We are looking for a weekend cleaner Saturday 6am to 8.30am and Sunday 7am-9.30am
Must be punctual, reliable and experienced in handling puppies and kittens. Must have minimum 2 years experience in domestic/commercial and demonstrated experience in animal handling.
Please call Matt on 0481 201 503 to discuss.
#jobs #blacktown #employment #positionsvacant
We are seeking to employ a 1st year Apprentice Mechanic at a dealership in Bankstown to complete a Certificate III in Automotive (Light Vehicle). You will learn how to repair motor vehicles including servicing, brake and clutch. You will learn from the best in the industry.
So if you have just finished year 12 or are just looking for a change in careers, send us your resume. Your own or public transport is needed to and from work.
A driver's licence is needed for this position.
To apply send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
ode Blue Recruitment are currently seeking enthusiastic and reliable Warehouse Workers for a busy Distribution Centre located in Arndell Park.
YOU must be able to work at a pace where you have a spring in your step, not compromising accuracy, be reliable and take responsibility & pride in your work. We can offer a supportive team environment and on call and on going casual work opportunities for the successful candidates.
Duties involve but not limited to:
- Assembly of large cardboard items
- Sorting stock
- Pick & Pack
- RF Scanning
- Bundling stock
- Quality Control
- Computer work
- Conveyor picking
You do not need to have experience in the above, however it is preferred. The shift time is 6am - 2:06pm and pay rate is $23.94 per hour.
You must be available to work on days between Monday - Friday - have your own steel cap shoes and an orange hi vis shirt/vest - Due to location, own transport or reliable transport is required.
We are looking for people who are reliable team players - physically fit to work at the team pace - able to commit to confirming your availability and rosters on a daily basis.
Please forward your application in the form of an up to date work resume (with contactable work Refs). Only those applicants deemed suitable for interview will be contacted so therefore we would like to thank you for your application.
We are looking for a Permanent Full-Time Medical Receptionist to join our busy group Practice in Penrith.
Shifts will be Monday to Friday 12pm to 8pm.
Retail or Medical experience valued
CONTACT BY EMAIL ONLY
Please reply one page only to email@example.com
We require the services of an enthusiastic, motivated person to join our commercial cleaning and garden maintenance division. Please apply indicating your availability and preference for casual, part time or full time and the days/hours you will be available to work.
Here at Q one property services, we expect loyalty, respect, and teamwork between colleagues. To be successful you must have the following or be prepared to obtain the qualification
• Knowledge of Work Health and Safety Regulations
• A Construction Induction Card (White Card) is necessary for this position. We can provide information about where you can take the course.
• Own transport. Ideally have drivers licence
• Must be proficient in English (both verbal & written) Good understanding of the English language and great communication skills
• A proactive approach and compliance with all of our organisation's policies and procedures
• Excellent attitude, plus integrity in your work at all times
Must be an Australian citizen, and be willing to provide a police check. Experience in commercial cleaning or builders cleans is an advantage. As well as the necessary skill set above, you must be a team player, with an eye for detail, dedicated to quality and with a great work ethic.
If you think this is you, please email resume and/or some information about yourself and why you think you would suit these job vacancies.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
$45-$50K plus super, Permanent Opportunity, Graduate Accountant
Your new company:
This organisation is a well-established local business, established in over 25 years, providing services to local infrastructure and transportation. Due to continued growth and diversification in their operations, an opportunity has opened up for a degree qualified graduate accountant to fill an entry level role within the finance team.
Your new role:
The key focus of this role on a day to day basis is to support the functions of transactional accounting in accounts payable and receivable. You will also be trained in all aspects of month end and annual reporting, reconciliation of cash and investment accounts, bank reconciliation and other aspects of financial accounting.
What you'll need to succeed:
The successful candidate be an enthusiastic, degree qualified individual looking for their first role in accounting. This is a hands on role that will enable you to develop your skills and gain exposure to a large, complex commercial enterprise. You will be working within a large finance team and the role requires a positive outlook and a willingness to learn, grow and contribute to the overall success of the business.
Minimal experience is required however expertise with Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook is essential. Our client requires a candidate with very strong interpersonal skills and a clear, concise communication style. You are also required to hold a valid driving licence.
What you'll get in return:
You will be working in a supportive team where you will be encouraged to develop your skills and reach your potential. There are very good long term career prospects within this organisation and the role has come about after the promotion of the previous incumbent into a more senior financial accounting role.
What you need to do now:
If you're interested in this role, please forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, to email@example.com.
Reference Number: 1843245
UES International Pty Ltd is a strong business with a proud history of over 100 years in supplying industrial, marine and transportation hardware in Australasia.
With operations established nationally and overseas we now have an opportunity for a reliable Warehouse / Store Person within our Penrith Branch . This is a "hands on role" that requires a proactive, reliable, energetic and intelligent individual.
The position would best suit someone who comes from a Warehouse/Store Person background environment. You will provide support to the UES Seating Manager in the daily operations of a busy warehouse, be customer focused, and guarantee consistency in delivery of all services to account customers and retail sales customers.
Reporting to the Manager, you will be responsible for a diverse range of duties such as:
- Reviewing stock levels working closely with the Manager
- Keeping processes and procedures up to date and fit for task
- Receipting, handling, picking & packing of goods
- Stock take and inventory control
- Customer service face to face
- Active involvement in OH&S
- Database administration
To be successful in this role you MUST have the following skills and experience:
- Must have current Forklift Licence, Drivers Licence essential
- A solid background in stores and warehousing
- Preferably from an automotive industry / industrial hardware / industrial rubber background
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Attention to detail
- Reasonable understanding of freight & logistics
This is an excellent opportunity to join a company where you will have a stable job which offers above industry standard base salary for the suitable candidate with the right attitude.
Persons matching the above criteria and looking to join a winning company should direct applications to firstname.lastname@example.org