There are currently no vacancies at The Western Weekender. If you’d like us to keep your resume on file for a sales, editorial, production or administration position, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Weekender has a proud partnership with Jobs Available Western Sydney. Here’s their latest jobs listings:
Welders. $27.50 per hour casual with a permanent position available after a 4 week period.
We are looking for experienced Welders.
We are located at 4 - 8 Gate Rd Blacktown.
A 45 hour week is available depending on workload. Monday to Thursday is 7am until 5 pm and Friday is 6am until 1:00 pm. All Overtime rates will be paid.
You will be expected to do a Welding test at the interview. The successful applicant will be expected to be punctual and have a good attendance.
You will be welding metal with the thickness from 0.9mm sheet metal up until 8mm metal plate.
Email resumes to email@example.com
Fax - 02 9831-4272.
Norwest Business Park
We currently have an opportunity for a Sales & Leasing Negotiator to join our team.
· Full time role · Excellent prospects · Based in Norwest
Based in the Hills District of north-western Sydney, we specialise in all aspects of commercial and industrial property – selling, leasing and managing a comprehensive range of real estate.
We are currently seeking the services of a full time Sales & Leasing Negotiator.
Sales & Leasing Negotiators are responsible for introducing new clients to the business with the view of generating new sales or leasing transactions, as well as maintaining solid relationship/rapport with existing clients.
Sales & Leasing Negotiators work on behalf of property vendors (sellers). While the prime duty of care involves the client, who is in most cases the vendor, there is an obligation to be fair to all parties in a transaction.
Essential duties and responsibilities include:
- Identify properties for potential listing.
- Obtain listings for properties for sale or lease, visit properties to appraise them before showing them to clients
- Execute agency agreements for all listings
- Review plans for new construction with clients, enumerating and recommending available options and features
- Facilitate the leasing of properties, advertising and meeting with potential lessees
- Prepare a Marketing plan for the property for action by the Sales & Leasing Administrator
- Seeking out and introducing buyers
- Cold call potential clients
- Interview clients to determine what kinds of properties they are seeking
- Generate lists of properties that are compatible with buyers' needs and financial resources
- Compare a property with similar properties that have recently sold or leased to determine its competitive market price
- Accompany buyers during inspections of property, advising them on the suitability and value of the property they are visiting
- Present purchase offers to sellers for consideration
Act as an intermediary in negotiations between buyers and sellers
- Liaising with legal representatives to ensure smooth progress of all agreements
- Prepare documents such as representation contracts, Heads of Agreements, deeds and leases and disburse funds
- Refer and advise financing or land broker activities on behalf of clients or government
- Review property listings, trade journals, and relevant literature, and attend conventions, seminars, and staff and association meetings to remain knowledgeable about real estate markets
- Develop networks of solicitors, mortgage lenders, and contractors to whom clients may be referred
Skills, experience, and qualifications required:
- Certificate of Registration for Real Estate in NSW
- Real Estate licence (desirable but not essential)
- NSW driver's licence
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft office applications (Word, Excel, and Outlook) and CRM software
- Highly organised with problem solving experience
- Strategic thinking skills
To discuss this opportunity in more detail, please contact Alex Hezari on 0404 040 239, and send a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Jamisontown (South Penrith)
Casual Licenced Motor Mechanic to service and maintain our fleet of buses.
Duties include servicing of buses as required, general repairs as needed.
Would suit semi-retired person, or fulltime mechanic seeking extra work.
We have a fully equipped workshop. Please send resumes to
email@example.com or call 0247322195 if you have any questions.
Parramatta and Chatswood
Summary of Job
Shine Music School is in need of solid team member to cope with the growth over 2018. You'll be responsible for teaching students the joy of music and watching them improve over time!
You will adopt the position of Happiness Ambassador for our all our students. We're all about excellence in everything we do and if you're like us, you know how satisfying that can be!
This is a great opportunity for someone serious about music education and the ability to give every student a smile.
With locations in both Parramatta and Chatswood Shine Music School is looking for motivated music teachers that will enjoy teaching our motivated students.
We are looking for music teachers who are skilled and love to teach:
To apply for the position please follow the below procedure:
Interviews held Jan 22 - Jan 25
If you are reliable, resourceful and willing to be part of something special, grab a pad and a pen and call this number NOW!: (02) 90995638.
You’ll be required to leave a voicemail message (no longer than 2 minutes) and it should contain the following information in order:
Name (Spell surname)
Contact phone number
Position you are applying for
How you heard about this position
Tell us 3 great things about yourself
This is a great opportunity for a confident sales hunter, that can exceed set goals to generate revenenue and lasting client relationships.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Building and maintaining new client relationships – understanding client needs, developing and proposing innovative solutions to help them achieve their goals, while also achieve our own revenue targets
- Keeping up to date with industry trends, changes and developments, to identify and pursue mutually-beneficial opportunities
- As part of the sales team, contributing to the development and implementation of longer-term business opportunities to optimise revenue.
You will be able to demonstrate:
- A proven track record in a fast-paced sales environment, with accountability for achieving revenue targets (marketing/advertising sales experience preferred but not essential)
- Exceptional interpersonal skills combined with strong written and verbal communication skills
- A "can-do" attitude and an enthusiastic, confident approach to work
- Proven time management skills and the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Proficiency with the Microsoft suite of programs and, ideally, experience using CRM systems.
What's in it for you?
- The opportunity to work close to home in Western Sydney.
- Uncapped commission potential.
- Regular professional development.
If you're excited by the opportunity and think you have the skills and experience we're after, please apply – we'd love to hear from you!
Send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
#jobs #employment #penrith #media #marketing #jobsavailable
We Build Australia
We Build Australia is a Construction Company based in Newington, NSW with 15 years of experience in the Building Industry.
Our Services: Build Residential Homes
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide a professional reception service
- Receive calls, and direct to appropriate staff.
- Meet and greet clients and assist with enquiries.
- Process incoming / outgoing mail.
- Data Entry contracts and contractor details
- Complete stationery orders.
- Organise and maintain information systems
- Provide secretarial support services and all other reasonable duties as directed by the Directors and the General Manager.
- Participate in records filing and database entry
- Work in a safe manner without risk to themselves, others or the environment
- Report all incidents to General Manager and all injuries and illnesses to the designated First Aid Officer
- Report any OH&S hazards/faults to the Directors/Project and Works Co-ordinator
- Provide suggestions, through agreed consultation methods, on how to improve IMS issues
- Seek assistance if unsure of OH&S rules
- Comply with emergency and evacuation procedures
- Strong customer service orientation
- Drivers Licence Must
- Well-presented and dressed appropriately always
- Work productively in a small team environment.
- High level of proficiency in a range of software packages
- Excellent IT Skills and MYOB Experience
- Professional presentation
- Time management skills
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills
- Initiative and capacity to solve problems
- Excellent communication skills
- Effective organiser
- Understanding of the industry with a working knowledge of applicable systems, standards and regulations
Position is 3 months contract progressing to Full -time after probation
TO APPLY: Please send your Resume and Cover Letter to email@example.com
Please note only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.
#newington #jobs #employment
Penrith Anglican College
Penrith Anglican College is a progressive co-educational College where students are encouraged to prepare for a bright future. Our College prepares students to achieve academic and personal excellence, with students in Year 11 and 12 completing the International Baccalaureate Diploma or the Higher School Certificate.
This role is responsible for the co-ordination of the College Print Room as well as working closely with the Marketing Manager with internal publications.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Co-ordinate the everyday running of the Print Room.
- Work closely with the Marketing Manager.
- Assist with outgoing College correspondence.
- Be the key back-up to the Clinic Supervisor.
- Provide assistance to the College Reception and Student Services.
- Fulfil other duties as required by the Headmaster or their delegate.
- Have a personal commitment to the Lord Jesus Christ and regular attendance at a Christian church.
- Accept the College's Statement of Faith and live a lifestyle consistent with this.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team.
- Be able to perform administration duties with limited instructions and have a strong attention to detail.
- Be self-motivated and show initiative.
- Abillity to work independently with minimal supervision.
- The ability to prioritise and multi-task with competing priorities.
- Have an intermediate level in the Microsoft Office software suite.
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum 12 months experience in an administration role.
Current first aid certificate.
- Current Working with Children Check Number for paid work.
Hours & Employment Conditions
Part-time hours 8.00am-2.00pm. Term-term position.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org addressing each area of the 'Selection Criteria'. Please send applications in PDF.
#jobs #penrith #employment
This position is based in our Sydney Office and requires a bright and enthusiastic individual who prides themselves on exceptional customer service and takes a customer-focused approach to all aspects of administration.
Your responsibilities will include:
* Responding to incoming calls and directing them to the appropriate internal contacts;
* Providing excellent customer service to clients visiting reception;
* Taking simple payments and issuing documents to clients;
* Managing both incoming and outgoing mail;
* Maintaining stationery and inventory;
* Typing as required;
* Filing & scanning;
* Data entry.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for an individual who has a passion for customer service and motivation to deliver an engaging and friendly experience for our valued clientele. In addition, the successful applicant will demonstrate:
* A strong customer focus;
* Polite and pleasant telephone manner (with the ability to extract information from the caller and direct them to the best point of contact);
* Excellent interpersonal skills;
* Ability to work with limited supervision; Self-organisational skills (able to deal with multiple telephone calls and 'walk-ins' simultaneously);
* Sound computer skills including a good knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite;
If you are a customer focused, enthusiastic and experienced Receptionist, then this may be the job for you! Please forward your resume to Daniel at email@example.com
Our busy concrete placement company is looking for three reliable fit people to start immediately at our St Marys branch.
Start time is 5am and finish times vary with great incentives for extra work.
OH&S white card, safety boots and hi-vis workwear is a must.
A drivers license is essential.
If you think this employment opportunity is ideal for you please contact Alex on 0405644141 during business hours
You will be responsible for leading, developing and engaging a multi-disciplinary Aged Care team with a strong focus on person centred care.
This role is responsible for looking after a large aged care facility, which offers Dementia, Respite and High Care support to 100 residents within a relaxed, home like environment.
To be successful you will have come from a registered nursing background, have proven management experience within a large aged care facility, a genuine passion in Aged Care and current AHPRA registration.
Key responsibilities of this role:
- Ensuring high quality care is delivered and client satisfaction is achieved within the residential settings
- Leading, managing and developing motivated and productive employees
- Planning, monitoring and controlling financial resources, ensuring that the care and services are carried out within their annual budgets
- Managing information, decision making and communication
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant field
- Postgraduate qualifications in management or business studies or commensurate aged care or health management experience.
- Experience in compliance and take a proactive approach to continuous improvement.
- The desire to add value to our client in their quest to improve the lives of older people living in care
- Nursing qualifications and registration
- 5 years' experience in Aged Care Management
To discuss this opportunity in more detail and obtain a full position description, apply now or contact Mark McAlpine at
Your World Healthcare on 02 8320 3254 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Would you like to part of a well-known team of Allied Health Care Professionals who have been part of the local community for over 35 years.
This position is permanent full-time traineeship role, assisting in the daily running of our reception area. The role will involve a wide range of tasks from providing our patients with great customer service to administrative duties, but not limited too;
- Manage the administrative needs of patient or potential patients.
- Make appointments via phone or in person at the front desk.
- Confirm appointments for the following day.
- Provide administrative support to all practitioners.
- Maintain a clean and tidy practice.
- Help manage the sterilisation of instruments.
- Manage the administrative needs of patient payments through Hicaps, Eftpos and Medicare.
Our ideal candidate….
- Enthusiastic and hardworking.
- Able to multi-task efficiently.
- Has pride in their work and is committed to maintaining high standards
- Passionate, driven individual who places emphasis on their personal growth and career
- Willing to give 100% to achieving and exceeding expectations constantly.
- Understanding of Microsoft Office applications and the willingness to learn our practice
- Punctual and has pride in appearance.
If you feel you have all the necessary skills, and would love to join our team please email your resume to email@example.com. In the email, briefly tell us why you are the ideal person for this role.
Leisure Pools Sydney & Illawarra are based in Penrith and Emu Plains and are looking for workers to assist with the installation of pools around Sydney & Illawarra regions. IMMEDIATE START!!
- Assist with the preparation of clients backyards for pool
excavation & install.
- Delivery and removal of materials / waste for pool
- Modifications to fiber glass shell prior to install. (Drillng etc)
- General ad hoc labour duties.
- Installing fiber glass pools.
- Work 6 days - Monday to Saturday
- Very capable with hand and power tools.
- Operating of light earth-moving equipment.
- Drivers license is a MUST.
- Customer focused.
- Good communicator
We will train the right person. This could be a very secure job with great potential for a company car as well as excellent pay rates.
Future development in your role can include a crane license, truck license and more.
CAREER CHANGE?? Concreters, Plumbers, Electricians, Machine Operators, Bricklayers are all welcome and your trade will compliment this role!
For more information on Job Description and rates of pay, please contact Diana Milnes on 0247 229 670 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Position: Permanent Full-time
TAFE Worker Level 6
BE in a career you love with TAFE NSW
TAFE NSW is the largest skills and training provider in Australia, and one of the largest in the world. We strive to deliver relevant, high quality, practical and creative training designed to equip the workforce of tomorrow, and to grow the NSW economy.
We are seeking experienced and qualified candidates who share the TAFE NSW Integrity, Collaboration, Excellence and Customer First values, and are willing to help further our ongoing commitment to building an innovative culture.
The Executive Assistant is responsible for providing high-level executive and administrative support to the General Manager and team, including diary management, travel and correspondence.
To be successful in this role you must have:
- A diploma, advanced diploma or associate degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent skills, knowledge and experience.
- Experience in providing high quality executive secretarial and administrative support in a high paced, sensitive and professional environment.
- The ability to address and meet focus capabilities as stated in the Position Description.
Your application for this role must include:
- A resume, including evidence that you meet the specific requirements of the position.
- A written response that clearly addresses the two targeted questions below (max. 2 x A4 pages), as this forms an essential component of your overall application.
- Contact details of 2 referees.
How do you tailor your approach to communicate with different stakeholders? Describe a situation in which you varied your usual approach, why you did so and what was the outcome?
In this role you will be required to work independently within a high volume, high pressure working environment, often with tight deadlines. How do you maintain your own levels of motivation at work and what techniques do you use to manage time pressures when things become difficult? Please provide an example.
Closing Date: Sunday 21 January 2018 at 11:59 pm
If you require assistance with the application process, or have any enquiries about the position, please contact Aimee Nicholls on 02 8233 2047 or email@example.com.
WMA are currently seeking a trade qualified "Fitter/Mechanic" to join our clients service team based in the Penrith area.
This is a fulltime permanent job with an immediate start available.
The ideal person we are looking for must have the following;
- Must be trade qualified
- Have experience servicing mobile plant equipment
- Have a good knowledge of hydraulic systems (EWP's/Cranes) etc
- Hold a current drivers licence and have your own reliable car for work
If you are interested in this permanent job then please apply via one of the following methods;
Email your resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org or Call Kristan on 0478 185 991.
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. We work with the most disadvantaged in our community by providing over 200 services ranging from aged care, homeless services, child and family care, counselling, employment, training and education, and health services.
Our Vision is "Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can."
About the program
Wesley Problem Gambling counselling is a community based specialised program funded under Liquor and Gaming NSW. This program operates from a trauma informed, holistic framework, in order to assist individuals and their families to reduce the impact of problem gambling.
About the role
This position will be responsible for delivering therapeutic counselling support to individuals affected by problem gambling and their families in order to assist in reducing the negative effects of problem gambling.
In addition to face to face counselling, this position will include working to raise community awareness of problem gambling issues.
All counselling programs will be underpinned by psychodynamic, trauma informed, holistic principles.
- relevant tertiary qualification and/or equivalent in counselling or psychology
- experience and training in addiction and/or gambling counselling
- demonstrated skills & experience in a broad range of therapeutic approaches when working with individuals, couples and families
- membership of professional association (i.e. APS, PACFA, ACA)
- demonstrated highly developed communication skills in written and oral situations, with supportive & positive attitude toward all persons for whom there is responsibility, accountability or care
- excellent time management, multi-tasking and follow-up skills
willingness to affirm Wesley Mission's vision, mission and values
- current NSW driver's license
- current working with children's check
- 2 year experience in similar role
- experience in trauma counselling
Benefits of working at Wesley Mission
- Employee Support Program
- access to discounted health and travel insurance
- career growth and training opportunities in a valuable sector
- attractive tax saving salary packaging
Friday 19 January 2018
Please find a copy of the Position Description here: https://www.wesleymission.org.au/about-us/careers/career-opportunities/gambling-counsellor/
Please submit a copy of your CV/resume and a cover letter addressing all the selection criteria.
For further information, or to submit an application, please contact:
Contact name: Alan Henderson
Phone: (02) 4723 9272
Our client is a well-established family business providing diverse and high-quality hygiene and energy solutions nationally. They are currently in a high growth phase, and looking for a new team member to build market share in the Sydney marketplace with a strong business development focus.
This role offers enormous earning potential for a strong Sales consultant with proven ability to communicate successfully face to face with professionals such as builders, architects and factory management. You will be selling directly to your customer base as well as working to secure the inclusion of these high-quality products on tender specifications for both manufacturing and retail developments. While providing pro-active service to key existing clients and farming for opportunities, there will be a primary focus on identifying and winning new business.
Reporting to the Sales Manager, this role is based in Sydney. Interstate travel will be required for national accounts. Full training in product knowledge and sales caching will be provided, and you will have the ongoing backup of knowledge from technical staff, as well as opportunity to work within a very supportive company culture.
- Will be energetic, have a positive attitude, able to work independently and be results orientated
- Will have proven success of identifying and securing new business
- Will have ability to build rapport and manage strong relationships with existing clients and internal staff
- It would be beneficial to have experience with construction product sales
- Strong customer service and sales focus
- General computer skills including prior experience with MS Office and CRM & ERP systems
- Ability to conduct meaningful analysis on market share, profit margin, price management and improvement initiatives
- Current Drivers Licence
Apply today for this opportunity to join a successful and committed company who highly values both its people and its customers.
All enquiries please call Chloe Berea 02 4702 6655 or email - email@example.com
Looking for your next exciting hospitality role? Want to work for a great employer with a great team? We want you!
We are seeking an energetic café all-rounder to join the team at our vibrant Ugly Mug Café.
- Outstanding customer service to all customers
- Food & beverage preparation and service in a timely/efficient manner
- General cleaning duties as needed
- Cash handling tasks including taking payments, balancing till, banking etc.
- 2 years’ experience within an established fast paced café/restaurant
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to think on your feet and solve problems with a smile
- Barista skills and experience preferred
Must be available on weekdays and weekends to work a flexible roster of approx. 30 hours per week. Must have work rights in Australia
If this sounds like you, APPLY NOW by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
SecondBite is committed to making a positive difference in the community by sourcing quality, fresh nutritious food that would otherwise go to waste, and re-distributing it in a safe and timely manner to agencies who provide food to people in need.
About the position
SecondBite have an exciting opportunity for a Community Officer to join the team at Penrith. This is one of two new positions (the other is in QLD) and the successful applicant will work to facilitate the provision of additional meals into Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander (ATSI) communities by establishing productive and sustainable relationships between the agencies and SecondBite in their nominated region.
Key responsibilities include:
Acting as a liaison between SecondBite and the ATSI agencies we work with
- Identifying appropriate agencies and gauging their interest in partnering with us on an ongoing basis
- Conducting reviews on identified agencies to ensure they have the infrastructure, resources, financial viability and community reach to redistribute rescheduled food in the nominated quantities
- Supporting the agencies to ensure food volume data is entered
- Analysis, risk assessment and reporting
- Providing written/communication materials as necessary
- General administration/data entry as required for the position
About the person:
The successful applicant will:
- Have a proven ability to engage with Aboriginal agencies, communities and individuals to achieved desired results, having worked in the community sector
- Be active in the Aboriginal community, be of Aboriginal descent and identify as Aboriginal. SecondBite considers that being Aboriginal is a genuine occupational qualification under s14 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977 (NSW).
- Have experience in the food industry (desirable)
- Be proactive and able to work independently and as part of a team
- Have high levels of integrity and confidentiality
- Be able to solve problems and maximise outcomes
- Possess strong organisational skills
- Be proficient in Microsoft programs
Apply by sending your application including a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Cafe looking for a cook in Sydney Olympic Park. 40 hours per week, weekday only, 5.30 to 14.00, weekend and public holidays off.
Successful candidate will have to demonstrate the following:
- Two years previous experience as a cook.
- Hard worker
- Team player
- Fluent English speaking
Café is located at center of Sydney Olympic Park, less than 1 minute walk distance from Sydney Olympic Park station.
If you are interested in this position please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Potential candidates will be contacted for an interview and trial.
#jobs #homebush #employment
Immediate start from the 18th Jan is necessary.
Looking for a passionate chef who loves Italian food, but experience is not required. Trevi has a wonderful team who will help train the chosen chef in all areas of the kitchen stations.
Requirements: completion of Tafe certificate, friendly and easy going, passionate about food and available for weekend night work.
Perks: Trevi has a wonderful 2-3 week Christmas break and is closed public holidays.
Send resumes to: email@example.com
Call Owner: Angelina 0425 259 155
#jobs #penrith #employment #jobsavailable