There are currently no vacancies at The Western Weekender. If you’d like us to keep your resume on file for a sales, editorial, production or administration position, send an email to email@example.com.
The Weekender has a proud partnership with Jobs Available Western Sydney. Here’s their latest jobs listings:
Currently looking for experience counterbalance and highreach forklift drivers for multiple roles around Sydney.
Casual roles with view to perm, available ASAP for the right candidate.
- Counterbalance forklift operation
- Highreach forklift operation
- Unloading/loading trucks
- Pick & packing products
- Manual handling
- Previous experience on either counterbalance or highreach
- Forklift license
- Attention to detail
- Basic computer skills
- Full working rights- You must be able to work as a permanent employee
- License and reliable transport
You must be available to work Monday-Friday 8 hour days.
Dayshift, afternoon shift & nightshift available.
Multiple roles are available, please call 9615 5300 if you would like to discuss or email resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
#jobs #employment #penrith
JR Waste & Recycling
We require a suitably qualified HR driver for commercial waste and recycling collections in the Western Sydney Region, based at Smithfield.
Applicants will need to be reliable, flexible, self motivated and be prepared to work as part of a small team, the position is full time, Monday to Friday and the applicants must be able to perform overtime and weekend work as and when required.
Previous waste experience operating a front lift or hook lift collection vehicle is preferred but not essential as training will be provided to the successful applicant.
For more information or to apply email – email@example.com
#jobs #smithfield #employment
Due to our expansion we require a customer support/ Sales Co-ordinator to join our St Marys Branch
You will need to be mechanically minded as well as very good computer skills, and have a will to succeed in a very fast paced Sales department. You will be supporting our Agricultural & Earthmoving Machinery sales Area Managers. Responsibilities : liaise with workshop and our suppliers to ensure we meet our delivery schedules, carry out deliveries of new machinery, Plus many other duties to ensure a smooth running sales group.
This is a start up role for someone looking to enter Sales of the above machinery. We are willing to train the right person with the right attitude
A keen interest in Agricultural or Earthmoving machinery would be a huge advantage.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
#jobs #stmarys #employment #positionsvacant
* Must be Trade Qualified
* Designing Structural Steel & Mining Equipment
* Using Solidworks & Autocad programs
* Previous Draftsman experience essential
* Need someone with a Good Attitude
* Immediate Start
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU
* Temp to Perm
* Work-Life balance
* Pay Rate - $40ph + penalties
* 7am – 3:30pm
* Work close to home
HOW TO APPLY
If you meet the criteria above, please submit your most recent resume by emailing email@example.com
#jobs #employment #wetherillpark
Looking for experienced Chef specialising in Indian cuisine to plan and organise the preparation and cooking of food in a newly established dining and catering establishment.
The suitable candidate should have relevant qualifications and minimum of 3 years of relevant experience.
- Planning menus, estimating food and labour costs, and ordering food supplies
- Preparing and cooking food
- Select and train staff
- Experience in freezing and preserving foods
- Experience and specialization in making Rumali Roti and
North Indian cuisine
- Experience in using modern equipments like Brat pan,
combi Oven etc
- Able to work in a team as well lead the team with high level of leadership skills
- Must possess a strong knowledge of current food handling, hygiene & safety rules and restrictions (needs to enforce these within the kitchen)
- Creativity, Presentation and Flair are highly desirable
- Australian Citizens and permanent residents are highly desirable
Expected start in August. Qualifying candidates email your detailed resume addressing the above listed job responsibilities to firstname.lastname@example.org
Jim Aitken & Partners continues to grow and we are looking for people to grow with it.
We want people who are passionate about people management and creating an environment which delivers exceptional customer service.
Applicants are required to have their Certificate of Registration and experience is preferred but not essential.
Please send your resume to: email@example.com
Our busy concrete placement company is looking for three reliable fit people to start immediately at our St Marys branch. Start time is 5am and finish times vary with great incentives for extra work.
OH&S white card, safety boots and hi-vis work wear is a must. Drivers license is essential.
If you think this employment opportunity is ideal for you please contact Alex on 0405644141 in business hours
- Monday - Friday opportunity
- Great and Supportive director
- Team incentives and bonding
- No-more commuting if you live locally! Bonus!!!
Our Client has a distinct point of difference as a modern, full service real estate agency offering significant expertise in both residential and industrial / commercial property sales and leasing and development site sales. Monday - Friday, this is your chance to join a strong Property management division with a local based portfolio for a maternity leave contract!!
Your day to day responsibilities will include:
- Managing a portfolio with approximately 220 properties
- Effectively liaise with Landlords & tenants
- Attending Tribunals
- Using REST / FileSMART
- Conduct incoming, outgoing and routine inspections
- Complete repairs & maintenance management
- Arrears control
- Assist with making recommendations for rental increases and lease renewals
- Working towards targets and KPI's
- Full support available
- NO prospecting
You will have 2+ years experience in Property Management
A current Certificate of Registration & Driver's License
How to apply:
Please call Georgia Barton on 9362 8500 or 0426 825 564
or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Cook's Plumbing Supplies
Cook’s Plumbing Supplies, Sydney’s major independent plumbing supplier, is looking for hard-working and friendly staff to join their growing team at our new Penrith store.
Be part of a well-respected company with a great product range and extensive customer base. Career opportunities exist.
Industry experience preferred, but not essential.
• MR TRUCK DRIVER
MR Licence essential
Forklift ticket preferred (not essential)
• JUNIOR STOREPERSON
No experience required (Manual licence preferred)
Expressions of interest to:
email@example.com and/or firstname.lastname@example.org
#penrith #jobs #positionsvacant
We have a number of positions available for you to
join our team.
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR A NEW CHALLENGE with a Penrith based business which employs more than 70 staff and is rapidly expanding?
We offer a great working environment with a wide range of
duties across all areas of plumbing, roof plumbing, hot
water, drainage, backflow & specialised areas such as pipe relining & CCTV.
We provide vehicle, uniforms, smartphone (as a part of our
electronic job management system), a safe work environment and flexible start and finish times.
If you would like to join our team at Hix Group Pty Ltd please send your resume to HR@hix.com.au or contact 4721 7500 for more information.
Leading marine company requires an experience rope splicer at their Homebush warehouse.
Must be experienced in splicing silver and nylon ropes. Knowledge of double braid splicing an advantage.
Some general warehouse duties too.
Email your resume to email@example.com
#jobs #employment #homebush #positionsvacant
Salary: $47,500 pa. plus super
The main purpose of the role is to maintain inventory accuracy and service partner warehouse locations with focus on reverse logistics and cycle count processes, the monitoring of in-transit inventory, freight movements, cost allocations and providing support to the logistics team, the broader business and its customers for inventory and logistics matters.
- Liaising with Customers, branches and Service Partners to return parts held for greater than five (5) business days
- Monitoring of in-transit inventory and following up on overdue consignments
- Investigating and resolving futile collections / deliveries by transport partner
- Assisting with coordination of the rolling cycle program for
Branch and Service Partner warehouses
- Creation of purchase orders and inter warehouse stock transfers to maintain optimum inventory levels
- Responding to general enquiries submitted to the logistics team inbox and phone calls
- Vetting of invoices, ensuring correct charges and cost allocation
- Certificate 4 in Logistics (desirable)
- Experience and Attributes
- Experience in similar role highly regarded
- Good PC skills and proficient in MS Office applications, excel at an intermediary level
- Good problem solving / analytical skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to prioritise tasks and work to deadlines
Please submit your resume firstname.lastname@example.org to apply of call our office on 02 9635 0015 for more info
Laundry equipment distributor for New South Wales, Western Australia and the Australian Capital Territory. We import the largest range of premium quality commercial laundry equipment and support our customers' investments by supplying market leading parts and sales back up, with our factory trained technicians delivering our ‘same day’ service commitment. Our full range of products is supported by staff with specific experience in excess of thirty years in both parts and service, ensuring bench mark results since 1955.
1) Good in & goods out
2) Stock control
3) Picking & packing items
4) Organising packing slips
5) Some occasional deliveries (must be able to drive manual)
- Min 4 years warehouse / storeperson experience
- Physically fit & health
- Stable employment history
7.30am till 3.30pm
Rate: $24 - $27 p/h
Please email email@example.com your resume.
HG Sports Turf is a market leader in the design, construction and maintenance of sports fields. HG Sports Turf has supplied its patented turf systems to many stadiums since 1999, including the ANZ Stadium, Eden Park, Westpac Stadium, Etihad Stadium, Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG), NIB Stadium, Optus Stadium and Singapore National Stadium. Venues across the Asia Pacific have relied on HG Sports Turf to deliver on the international stage for iconic events such as; 2000 Olympic Games, 2003 & 2011 Rugby World Cup, 2006 Commonwealth Games, 2006 Asia Games, 2015 AFC Asian Cup, and 2015 ICC Cricket World Cup.
HG Sports Turf are looking for a Greenkeeper to join our team. The successful candidate will be required to work as part of the HG Sports Turf team preparing, maintaining and harvesting Elite Proprietary Turf sporting surfaces as well as working on the construction of Turf Sporting surfaces.
Although based in NSW the role requires travel to our established turf farms and Sporting Stadiums, throughout the Asia Pacific region and Middle East.
We are looking for an individual who is:
- Experienced in all facets of Sports Turf Field construction including the use of construction equipment.
- Experience in the growing, maintenance, harvesting and installation of Stabilised and Hybrid Turf technologies
- Up to date knowledge and understanding of warm and cool season sports turf maintenance and installation.
- Motivated and capable of operating under their own initiative and as part of a team.
- Organised and able to prioritise workloads effectively
- Proud of their work, has an ‘eye for detail’ and has an uncompromising attitude to quality on a ‘right first time’ basis, whilst remaining cost conscious.
- Experienced with OH&S practices and systems, together with a real commitment to safety in the workplace.
- Able to competently operate and maintain turf machinery and laser grading equipment, together with relevant licenses.
- Willing and able to travel interstate and overseas as required.
- Experience with sports turf construction.
- Competent with Outlook, Microsoft Word and Excel
- Minimum Certificate III in Turf management and 3 years of industry experience, or 5+ years of industry experience
- Relevant pesticide application ticket (eg. Smart train/Chemcert)
- Clean drivers licence
- Forklift licence
This position will include an attractive remuneration package including salary (from $54k upwards depending on skills and experience), vehicle and mobile phone. Please send your resume and covering letter clearly explaining why you feel you are the ideal candidate for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org
Ultrafloor is focused on providing the construction sector with an innovative, efficient and cost effective precast concrete flooring solutions.
Over the last 25 years, Ultrafloor has become the leading supplier of precast flooring in Australia with offices in all major centres. This growth has been achieved due to the inherent advantages of the Ultrafloor system and the company's emphasis on providing a quality service to our customers.
Due to recent growth, an exciting opportunity has become available for an experienced BDM to join our Precast concrete sales team. Reporting to the Director of Sales you will be responsible for maintaining existing customer accounts whilst establishing new business and maximising sales opportunities in the Sydney region.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with our customers
- Develop and foster new client relationships
- Provide timely detailed proposals and quotations
- Follow up on issued proposals
- Secure profitable projects
- Gather market intelligence on customers, competitors and industry.
- Prepare monthly forecasts and reports
Skills & Experience:
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar BDM or sales role
- Proven ability to achieve sales outcomes
- The ability to draw and interpret construction drawings and have a sound general construction knowledge.
- Personal drive and results focused
- Exceptional communication skills
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise competing deadlines
- Develop effective working relationships with all people
- Ability to quickly assess, price and mitigate contractual risk
- Excellent attention to detail
- A suitably attractive package will be negotiated for the right person.
Please submit your CV in confidence to email@example.com
No telephone contact please. No recruitment organisations please.
Great opportunity for a dedicated Customer Service Representative to join this leading Australian organisation. You will join a friendly and supportive team with a great culture and team environment.
- As the Customer Service Representative, you will be the first point of contact for customers (both residential and commercial) wanting to place orders
- Managing the inbox as well as high volume calls
- Ensure all orders are inputted promptly and accurately into the CRM
- Process and investigate any returns
- You will provide a one stop service managing their orders and any queries that pop up along the way
- Work closely with warehouse and distribution regarding any stock issues, shipping issues, missing items, damages and delays
- Support the Account Managers with any customer queries
- Deal with any account queries
- After sales service and support
- Ensure all customers are kept up to date with any delivery/ stock issues
- Work collaboratively with all parts of the business
- Keep up to date records of all correspondence in the system
This will be a rewarding role for an experienced customer service representative who is well versed in end to end order processing. You will be a proactive self-starter who enjoys working in a busy environment. First rate communication skills both written and oral are essential for this role.
If this sounds like you get in touch asap
Due to the large number of applicants we will only contact you if you are shortlisted for the role.
Apply now for an immediate interview.
Amped Up Solutions is a young and vibrant Air Conditoning and Electrical company based in the heart of Penrith, servicing the local area and surrounds. We provide Air Conditioning services and Installations for residential builders and private home owners.
As we continue to experience growth within the company, we are looking to add like-minded individuals to our team within our Air-Conditioning division.
Amped Up Solutions pride ourselves on our strong service skills and work ethics. Our team members are all presentable, approachable and are thorough in their work. We encourage new and existing apprentices to apply, as well as fully qualified tradespersons.
As an Amped Up Solution’s employee you will possess a strong work ethic, and will be a punctual, reliable team player. You will be communicating with our clients, so you will be presentable with a pleasant approach and a positive attitude.
Training is provided as necessary, and a uniform provided.
If this sounds like you, please forward your resume to Brett by email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or to discuss, please call Brett directly on 0413 705 610.
*Unfortunately due to high volume responses, only successful candidates will be contacted.*
Western Sydney University's Office of Marketing and Communication is seeking a Social Media Manager to manage and drive the University’s social media strategy through new and existing social channels.
The successful candidate, reporting to the Director, Corporate Communications, you will be responsible for managing online community engagement and ensuring all content positions the brand effectively and is relevant to the targeted segments. The successful candidate is also responsible for managing social media advertising and is required to have a good understanding of all the underlying metrics to drive data based decision-making.
• Drive and manage the University’s social media strategy, channel development and online community engagement.
• Manage social media advertising, measuring performance and effectiveness.
• Plan, create and deliver engaging content to drive brand social engagement and advocacy across all social media channels.
• Provide analysis, performance tracking and reporting across all social channels and social media campaigns. Provide regular reports on social media content performance.
• Monitor and respond to comments and reviews, engaging with the community in the agreed tone of voice.
• Use Social Listening to identify consumer behaviour and leverage insight, spot trends, recognise opportunities for engagement and influencers to engage with, and identify appropriate platforms to leverage engagement.
• Understand the changing consumer landscape and champion the social consumer, providing recommendations and thought leadership to the wider team.
• Manage a direct report (Social Platforms Officer) and work closely with the Manager, Contact Services Centre to manage the University’s social media customer care program and staff.
To be successful in the role, you will have:
• Relevant degree or post-graduate qualifications and/or equivalent significant professional experience in a marketing role.
• A demonstrated understanding of online marketing theory and web practice with proven success in designing innovative and effective digital marketing programs with the ability to extract, analyse and evaluate market intelligence from marketing information systems.
• Demonstrated substantial experience in digital and social media strategy development and implementation.
• Demonstrated substantial experience in social media, building online communities and marketing planning and management with proven problem solving and trouble shooting skills.
• Ability to focus on strategic, long-term plans and determine and implement effective strategies for achieving objectives.
• Proven organisational, planning and project management skills
• A high level of written communication skills and a demonstrated commitment to best practice and quality service delivery.
• Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team, meet deadlines and complete duties without close supervision
This is a full-time, ongoing position based at our Penrith, Werrington North Campus.
Remuneration Package: HEW Level 8 $113,906 - $126,449 p.a. (comprising salary $94,271 - $104,651 p.a. plus 17% superannuation and leave loading)
Position Enquiries: Imogen Corlette email email@example.com
Closing Date: 4 June 2018
Full details on how to apply for these positions can be found at our website. Western Sydney University values workplace diversity.