There are currently no vacancies at The Western Weekender. If you’d like us to keep your resume on file for a sales, editorial, production or administration position, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Weekender has a proud partnership with Jobs Available Western Sydney. Here’s their latest jobs listings:
ATTENTION - MATURED AGE PEOPLE ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY!!
Christmas is just around the corner and we are starting our recruitment for Jolly Santa’s to work from Mid-November to Christmas Eve. We require Santa’s to work in a Major Shopping Centre in Charlestown.
We provide paid training, all the gear you need to perform the role of Jolly Santa, plus you are paid a competitive rate.
Hours are around 4 hours a day 6 days a week, 4 – 6 weeks of work dependent on location.
To become a Santa, you will need a love of children, patience, a happy disposition and Santa’s that can keep the magic of Christmas alive. You will also require a current paid Working with Children Check.
Please call Margaret from Scene to Believe if you are interested in the role on 0412 755 181 or email Margaret@scenetobelieve.com.
Local busy hairdresser salon seeking for an experience Barber to cut men's hair. Must have recent experience, keen and reliable.
Please phone Anna Thin at Konekt Employment Fairfield by phoning 0287082900.
With more than 20 years' experience Apprenticeship Support Australia (ASA) are a market leader in providing support services to the Australian Government's Apprenticeship and Traineeship scheme to businesses across NSW & ACT and Qld.
As a Client Liaison Officer, you will work to provide excellent customer service to our Apprenticeship Support Australia's clients!
- Conduct contact visits with employers and Australian Apprentices. reporting to the Regional Manager - South Sydney.
- Complete contact visits and submit completed documents within specified timeframes
- Maintain data integrity in all databases
- Maintain confidentiality and privacy at all times
- Identify business development opportunities
- Refer potential at risk Australian Apprentices and employers to outside agencies for further assistance as needed.
- Assist to market and promote the Australian Apprenticeships Scheme to prospective clients and supply lines within ASA area of operation
- Promote the Australian Apprenticeships Program and ASA to prospective clients
- Assist in generating and maintaining quality relationships with third-party organisations such as RTOs, JSAs, GTOs etc.
- Attend and represent the company at Business Chamber functions, careers days, Expos etc.
- Assist the employer and apprentice with the accurate completion of all necessary paperwork (including but not limited to the National Training Contract, Training Plan Proposal, and Contact Visit form)
- Maintain data as required to ensure accurate and up to date information for reporting to ASA, Australian Government and STA
- Maintain all apprentice, trainee and employer information and paperwork for contacts
- Accurate and timely completion of reports
- Adhere to ASA policies, procedures, and processes
Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge, Skills, and Competencies:
- Ability to manage time frames, meet deadlines and priorities
- Excellent people skills and the ability to offer a professional service to customers
- Comprehensive knowledge of Australian Government and State Training Authority guidelines
- Computer literate
- Current driver's license
In return, we offer a collaborative team environment, A culture that is both professional and passionate about their business and servicing their clients. Employee benefits such as EAP, dental benefits, health insurance discounts and promotion of a healthy work/life balance.
If you would like to add to the success of the NSW Business Chamber and feel ready for a new and exciting challenge please attach your CV and engaging cover letter and send to email@example.com
Applications Close Friday 10th August
Bay Timber, the premier supplier of frames and trusses to the residential building industry, seeks an experienced builders labourer to assist our Sydney based installation team.
Reporting to our Construction Manager, you will be required to assist in the rectification of steel and timber house frames across the Sydney Region.
- White Card
- Reliable Vehicle
- Willingness to learn
Applicants are preferred to be local to the Penrith and surrounding areas.
Email CV to Bill Mason at firstname.lastname@example.org
Conveyancing firm in Penrith looking for an experienced senior legal secretary/conveyancer to relieve annual leave for a period of 3 weeks in October.
Candidate will be assisting Licensed Conveyancer with the day to day transactions in all aspects of residential conveyancing. Minimum 3 years solid practical experience required, proficient with LEAP software required and PEXA preferred.
This is a full time 9-5 temporary role starting 1 October 2018 concluding 19 October 2018 – your duties will include:
• Running files from start to finish – working autonomously
• Liaising with clients via phone and in person
• Drafting documents and Contract for Sale
• Ordering online searches
You will require competency in the following areas:
• Impeccable telephone and communication skills (including spelling and grammar)
• Impeccable presentation
• File management
• Diary management
• Preparation and editing documentation including settlement calculations
• Ability to work independently but also follow instructions
Please email resumes to email@example.com
FULL-TIME, 5 YEAR CONTRACT
BLACKTOWN (NIRIMBA) CAMPUS
Western Sydney University, The College, is a not-for-profit company, wholly-owned entity of Western Sydney University. Operating across a number of campuses in the heart of one of Australia’s fastest-growing economic regions, we are committed to unlocking the potential of the Western Sydney community and place emphasis on strong partnerships and investments in infrastructure and innovation.
The College is a passionate, vibrant workplace with a vision to “transform the lives of our students through education”. We are constantly working to provide new study options, pathways programs and support services to ensure all students in the Western Sydney region have access to a world-class education. The College works with local businesses and industry leaders to develop courses that focus on preparing graduates for the global workforce.
We are currently seeking a Deputy Dean to join our dedicated team of professional and academic staff
Working in collaboration with the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), you will be responsible for the academic management and leadership of the offerings, services to student and creating a conducive enterprise culture. Functioning within the strategic plan of The College, you will coordinate with Western Sydney University for shared services to suit the academic and administrative needs of programs and delivery.
If this sounds like the opportunity you are looking for, please apply ensuring that you clearly address each selection criteria.
Working with Children Check: As this position is expected to involve direct or unsupervised contact with children, and in accordance with legislative requirements, in order to commence working at The College, it is a requirement to obtain a “NSW Working with Children Check Clearance”. The screening involves checking that you are not a ‘disqualified person’ as per the meaning of the Child Protection (Working with Children) Act 2012. No disqualified person will be retained in or appointed to work in child related employment within The College.
Remuneration Package: Attractive Senior remuneration package
Position enquiries: Nicolene Murdoch, Chief Executive Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: 11:30 pm on Sunday, 19 August 2018
- $75k OTE ($49k + S + Comm's)
- Full Time
Innovative, dynamic and growing finance firm with diverse brands are experiencing unparalleled growth. With over 10 years in the industry they are already a major player as a result of their close business partnerships, pioneering solutions and their ability to grow and maintain their customer base. As with company growth, teams need to evolve and progress too. This organisation is seeking to employ dedicated and motivated Insurance Sales Specialists to join them as quickly as possible.
- Exceptional culture, friendly team, great working environment
Win an iPad! Friendly competitions across the Sales Division resulting in great prizes!
- Social office environment – celebrate Melbourne Cup, Halloween, Xmas etc.
- Enjoy perks such as free lunch, monthly massages and onsite gym
- Strong recognition and rewards program
- Fresh fruit provided
- Café onsite with discounted coffee
- Active social club with discounts to concerts, movies and Taronga Zoo!
Reporting through to the Team Leader, you will be responsible for the following duties:
Outbound calls to consumer customers
Sale of insurance related products via warm, qualified leads
Working to KPI’s and targets based on conversions, talk time, sales and QA
To be successful in this fantastic opportunity, you must have experience with the following:
Minimum 12 months experience working in a high volume, outbound call centre environment.
Experience working in the Insurance sector is highly regarded but not necessary (full product training will be provided)
Proven track record of working in KPI driven environment
Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
How to apply
Sound interesting?? Send your application through to email@example.com or call Sarah on 02 9002 5000 for a confidential conversation.
Nepean Specialist Sports Medicine
Nepean Specialist Sports Medicine is a busy Sports & Regenerative Medicine Practice offering high quality services to patients and health professionals. We are located in Kingswood.
The practice is currently seeking a medical receptionist to join our team. This role will be casual with a view to permanent for the right candidate.
Hours required are Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday 2pm – 6pm.
We pride ourselves on providing exceptional patient care. You will be the first point of contact for all patients and other health professionals therefore a high level of maturity and attention to detail is required.
- Answering telephone enquiries
- Patient bookings and confirmations
- Billing and receipting
- Banking and mail
- General administrative duties
- High level organisational skills
- Dedicated work ethic and positive attitude
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently
- Proficient computer skills
- Prior medical reception experience
- Knowledge of Genie software
- Experience with Medicare referrals and billings
Please send all enquiries and applications to Kate at firstname.lastname@example.org
#jobs #employment #kingswood
Blue Star Print
The successful candidate will have previous Press Room experience, knowledge of Heidelberg printing presses will be an advantage.
As a minimum the successful person will be a multi-skilled person, be accurate, reliable, patient and be able to work well under pressure
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Assisting Press Operator
- To read and understand work tickets
- Identify, locate and load paper into Printing Press
- Maintain ink level in drums and change when required
- Carry out end of shift duties
- Keep work area clean at all times
If you are enthusiastic and motivated individual and feel that your experience fills this role, please submit your covering letter and CV to email@example.com
We are looking for a Reliable person to join our successful team based in Wetherill Park in the Warehouse. We are an Australian Owned Battery Company where we focus on giving our customers the best service possible.
Your role will be to:
- To assist with goods inwards and outwards
- Load and unload trucks and/or containers
- Accurate picking and packing of orders,
- Forklift operations, regular stock-takes
- Current Forklift Licence (LF) is essential
Successful applicants will need the following skill and attributes:
- High attention to detail
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- Be enthusiastic and motivated
- You are physically FIT and healthy as heavy lifting is involved
- Highly reliable, committed, efficient with a focus on customer service.
- A positive can-do and will-do attitude
- A current Australian Drivers Licence enabling you to drive a manual vehicle
WE CAN OFFER YOU
- Above award wages
- Monthly Bonus Program
- Overtime will be paid
- Incredible staff discounts
- Good working conditions
- Employee Assistance Program
We are looking for a team player, if you want security and monthly bonus and be a valued member of our team, this job is for YOU.
R&J Batteries utilises an on-line behavioural questionnaire's as part of the selection process for shortlisted candidates. All hires are subject to a successful Police Check, Pre-Employment Medical and Driving History Report.
Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
#jobs #wetherillpark #employment
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic and motivated trainee to join our team at our Penrith Centre.
You will complete a Certificate III in Early Childhood Education & Care whilst working full time (38 hours per week) and earning a wage. You will be mentored by our dedicated team of professional Educators.
Recent school leavers are encouraged to apply. Send your resume to email@example.com
A Car Washer is required to clean new and used cars for a busy car dealership in the Guildford region on a full-time basis. You must have a drivers license and be able to drive both manual and automatic.
Must be willing to work hard and be at work every day. Previous experience in cleaning cars will be highly regarded but is not essential. Your own or public transport is needed to and from work.
To apply send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
SMC Food Services
We are looking for a Reliable person to join our successful team based in Penrith. We are a Food Distribution company where we strive to give our customers the best service possible.
Your role will be to:
- Pick orders,
- Load stock,
- Deliver orders to customers.
- Product knowledge an advantage.
- A current Australian MR Drivers Licence.
- Current Forklift Licence (LF) is an advantage
Successful applicants will need the following skill and attributes:
- A Current MR drivers licence a minimum.
- High attention to detail
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- Be enthusiastic and motivated
- Highly Reliable, committed, efficient with a focus on customer service.
- A positive can-do and will-do attitude.
- You must be available to work Monday to Friday with Early Morning Starts.
You may be required to pick stock in a cool room or Freezer.
We are looking for a team player, if you want to work in a great environment this position is for you.
Email applications to email@example.com
#penrith #jobs #jobsavailable #positionsvacant
Brigden & Partners Services Pty Limited
Join our friendly team in a busy, small chartered accountancy firm located in Hornsby. We require a confident and experienced full-time Receptionist/Secretary to assist with all aspects of daily office operations.
The successful applicant will have excellent telephone and typing skills, be competent in the use of Microsoft Office and possess a strong client service focus. You will be responsible for office administration duties including invoicing, receipt and the payment of accounts.
Resumes to the Staff Manager
Brigden & Partners, Chartered Accountants
The hotel is now in search an F&B supervisor to develop, train and mentor through to that next stage of becoming a hotel all-star. We are currently seeking a vibrant, social and fun loving person to join our team on a casual basis to oversee our award winning F&B Department.
As a hotel food and beverage supervisor you are the face of the hotel, someone who is bubbly, energetic and extremely positive, yet has that calming influence on both staff and guests.
So do you have the Atura flair? What we are looking for:
- Must have a current NSW RSA
- Experience in the supervisory capacity
- Team player
- Able to multitask and remain calm during peak service periods
- Always stay positive
- Consistently deliver superior customer service
- Display a high level of professionalism whilst on duty
- Flexibility to work a 7 day rotating roster including weekends and public holidays
- Experience in Micros would be advantageous however not essential if you have the right personality and pizzazz!
Atura Blacktown is not just about inspiring, but mentoring you to become your best, after all, this satisfaction is translated onto our guest's experience here at the hotel.
Do you think you have what it takes? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Executive Assistant to Private Building Certification team
Phoenix Building Approvals Pty Ltd is a Building Certification and Building Code Consulting Company based in Baulkham Hills.
The currently have a position available for and Executive Assistance to assist the Building Certifiers (Class 2 – 9) with issuing Construction Certificates, Complying Development Certificates and Occupation Certificates.
You would be liaising with Clients/Consultants and assisting the Certifier and producing Certificates.
It would be preferable and to the applicant’s benefit should they have experience in the Private Building Certification industry and have the following attributes and skills:
- Strong Administration and communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Have great work ethic and be good natured
- Punctual and Honest
- Quick learner and Proactive
The salary is attractive and is to be negotiated depending on experience.
Please email your CV to:
We are seeking a qualified chef to join our team at the Archibald Hotel. Set in Kurrajong Heights we have fantastic views of the city and surrounding areas.
This is great opportunity to utilise your skills while building your knowledge working with our team. We have 120 seat restaurant / bistro and a 60 seat function area.
The role requires working 5 days a week which includes weekends and split shifts. You will need your own transport also.
• Be apart of a team in a busy kitchen.
• High attention to detail with plating & presentation of food.
• Food Handling Certificate is desirable, however not essential.
• Punctuality is essential.
• Well presented.
• Fast paced is essential as we are super busy.
• Availability to work weekdays and weekends (alternate weeks).
• Excellent communication skills.
• Team player.
• Credentials in health and safety training
• BS Degree in Culinary science or related certificate
• Meal Service and Culinary Techniques
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in the kitchen and restaurant industry.
• Proven working experience as a chef.
• Up-to-date and best practices with culinary trends and optimised kitchen processes
Must be available on weekdays/ nights and alternate weekends to work a flexible roster of minimum. Must have work rights in Australia
If this sounds like you, APPLY NOW!
- Competitive Pay
- Opportunity for Growth
- Immediate Start
Our client is based in Blacktown and is a market leader in suppliers of structural building products, including timber connectors, fasteners, fastening systems, anchors and lateral-force resisting systems. This is an exciting opportunity for someone wanting to develop their career within logistics and grow within a respectable company.
In your new role you will be responsible for but not limited to:
- Driving the forklift competently and safely
- Stock take/ cycle count
- Entering, managing and receiving of goods
- Data entry and record keeping
- Pick packing
- Manual handling and lifting
To be successful you will need a current forklift licence with solid experience, driving licence, a minimum of 2 + years experience in a warehouse is required as you will be required to work unsupervised and feel confident in your role . This is a permanent position and a great opportunity for a committed individual looking to secure a Long term career within logistics.
Apply now as this position will be filled fast call Charlotte Ruffles on 0298919378 and send a copy of your resume to Charlotte.Ruffles@hays.com.au
Reference Number: 1828419
4 Days a week (Sat- Tues)
Looking for your next exciting hospitality role? Want to work for a great employer with a great team? We want you!
We are seeking an energetic café all-rounder to join the team at our vibrant Ugly Mug Kiosk located within the Blue Mountains Botanic Gardens, MOUNT TOMAH
Situated in the heart of the Botanic Gardens, this is great opportunity for someone looking to build on their existing hospitality experience and have a work life balance with only working 4 days.
- Outstanding customer service to all customers
- Food & beverage preparation and service in a timely/efficient manner
- Small catering functions
- General cleaning duties as needed
- Cash handling tasks including taking payments, balancing till, etc.
- 2 years’ experience within an established fast paced café/restaurant
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to think on your feet and solve problems with a smile
- Barista skills and experience essential
Must be available on weekdays and weekends to work approx. 30/ 40 hours per week.
If this sounds like you, APPLY NOW to email@example.com
The structure is flat with all staff having client contact. This means you get strong mentorship reporting directly to a Manager or Director, depending on the job. You will also gain a lot more autonomy sooner than you would in a more hierarchical environment with your management skills developed as you review junior staff.
The role is vacant due to growth, with sufficient quality work forecasted to see the addition of 10 new staff over the next few months. This will see you gain exposure to complex matters including Division 7a’s, small business tax concessions, non commercial losses and personal services income. Not only will you be delivering standard compliance but you will be meeting with clients and advising on areas for their improvement.
Recently, two Managers have been promoted up the ranks towards Partnership. This firm has a policy to promote from within and will demonstrate a clear progression pathway for you to achieve your goals.
Their clients are wholesome and complex and have an average fee base of $35K. Typically they are SME’s with turnovers up to $80M. These clients come from industries including professional services, medical, manufacturing and property.
They have a very social culture and take every opportunity to celebrate as a team including monthly team lunches in addition to EOFY, Christmas and weekend retreats. They treat their staff well and this shows with high retention rates and long standing staff. They provide the opportunity for flexible working hours, starting early and finishing early and give their staff extra annual leave.
One of Western Sydney’s major players seeks 4+ years business services experience with CA or CPA Qualifications.
Proceed in confidence –
Apply to firstname.lastname@example.org and I will contact you to discuss this opportunity in further detail.