There are currently no vacancies at The Western Weekender. If you’d like us to keep your resume on file for a sales, editorial, production or administration position, send an email to email@example.com.
The Weekender has a proud partnership with Jobs Available Western Sydney. Here’s their latest jobs listings:
2nd or 3rd year
We have positions available for you to join our team. ARE YOU LOOKING FOR A NEW CHALLENGE with a Penrith based business which employs more than 70 staff and is rapidly expanding?
We offer a great working environment with a wide range of duties across all areas of electrical and data including works for Commercial, Government & Domestic Clients throughout the Sydney Metropolitan area.
We provide great conditions, a safe work environment, flexible start & finish times & place great importance on the completion of both off the job and on the job training as a part of our structured apprentice training program.
If you would like to join our team at Hix Group Pty Ltd please send your resume and TAFE results to: HR@hix.com.au or contact Justin Walker (Electrical) on 4721 7500 for more information.
#apprenticeships #employment #penrith #jobs
HIX Group Pty Ltd
2nd, 3rd or 4th year
We have positions available for you to join our team ……ARE YOU LOOKING FOR A NEW CHALLENGE with a Penrith Based business which employs more than 70 staff and is rapidly expanding?
We offer a great working environment with a wide range of duties across all areas of plumbing, roof plumbing, hot water, drainage, backflow & specialised areas such as pipe relining & CCTV in our maintenance and projects teams carrying out work for Government, Commercial & Domestic clients throughout the Sydney Metropolitan Area.
We provide great conditions, a safe work environment, flexible start & finish times & place great importance on the completion of both off the job and on the job training as a part of our structured apprentice training program .
If you would like to join our team at Hix Group Pty Ltd please send your resume and TAFE results to: HR@hix.com.au or contact Jason Brown on 4721 7500 for more information.
#jobs #penrith #apprenticeships #employment
Sharetea is Australia's specialist of freshly brewed tea, and we're rapidly growing! Currently with over 30 stores across the country, and more to come, now is an exciting time to join our award-winning team. Sharetea, a well-established franchise brand is looking for an enthusiastic, committed and skillful Accountant to join the global leading brand.
* Bank reconciliations & matching to sales data
* Accounts payable
* Accounts receivable
* Preparation of monthly management reports, including P&L and Balance Sheet
* Cashflow management and reporting
* Conduct month-end, and year-end analysis and reporting
* Verify incoming invoices and process for payment, creating vendors where required
* Payroll journal upload, preparation of PAYG, payroll tax and superannuation payments.
* Compute taxes; prepare tax returns, balance sheet, profit/loss statement in time
* Prepare payments by verifying documentations, and requesting disbursements
* Audit financial transactions and document accounting control procedures
* Keep information confidential and secure them with random database backups
Qualification and Experience:
* Degree qualification in Accounting
* Minimum 3 years Accountant experience in a hand on, full function accounting role
* CA/CPA qualified or working towards qualified
* Excellent Xero user
* Thorough knowledge of accounting and corporate finance principles and procedures
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Able to work independently as well as work with others
* Intermediate to Advanced Excel skills
* Able to work under pressure
Salary – Negotiable (depends on qualification and experience)
Please submit your CV and any additional information as well as addressing your suitability for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org, and note that due to the high volume of responses we receive, only suitable candidates will be notified regarding an interview.
#jobs #employment #positionsvacant
Cook needed for fast paced food truck. Must have 2 years minimum experience in a similar role or high volume sales. Above award wage and fun environment.
Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to: Grilling, Food preparation, Frying and food assembly.
Must be neat, have excellent time management skills and be punctual.
Previous experience will be highly regarded. MUST HAVE OWN VEHICLE.
Phone Michael on 0414 001 717
#jobs #penrith #employment #positionsvacant
We are a Western Sydney based Electrical Company involved in many aspects of the Electrical industry for over 15 years. We cover a wide range of expertise ranging from Low Voltage (240v) supply up to Medium voltage (22000v) supply in both Overhead and Underground infrastructure. We are accredited across all NSW supply franchise areas and are able to maintain, repair and upgrade Private Low Voltage and High Voltage customer installations.
We are seeking a Part Time confident and professional Administration Assistant to join our highly driven and successful team based out of Wetherill Park, NSW.
About the Role?
The role is an integral part of the team and is ideal for someone who enjoys a challenge and likes a variety of task. Attention to detail and the ability to accept changing priorities is essential, as is the ability to listen and respond to requests and queries.
This part time role is 2 days per week with flexibility to work additional hours if and when required and would ideally be suited to someone looking for true work life balance.
As our Administration Assistant you will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Assisting accounts payable / receivable
- Prepare and process incoming accounts (including invoices) for approval
- Maintain training register for all staff
- Perform general clerical duties to include but not limited to: data entry, photocopying, shredding, faxing, mailing, and filing
- Preparing memos, letters and other correspondence
- Liaise with suppliers & customers as required
- Organise Couriers
- Ordering of office stationery & supplies
- Manage Office Facilities
- General office housekeeping including organising recycling pick up and tidying up
- Other office duties, as required
- Service completed with the highest level of skill and customer service
- Stock Control maintained for continued efficient service
Who we are looking for:
The successful individual must be professional in manner, keen to learn with the capacity to multitask; take initiative and direction. You will need to possess and demonstrate maturity and a high level of customer service in order to be eligible for this role and have the following:
- Minimum 2 – 3 years previous office/reception experience in a similar role
- Experience in the Electrical and/or warehousing industry would be advantageous
- Ability to work autonomously is essential in this role, as well within a team
- Be a self-starter, reliable and have the ability to be proactive
- Working knowledge of XERO and payroll related functions
- Superior interpersonal skills and the ability to liaise effectively at all levels
- Competence to interpret and analyse information
- Intermediate Microsoft Office Suite skills with the confidence to learn new systems if required
- Excellent time management and the ability to multitask and prioritise workload
- An enthusiastic and positive approach; desire to learn and a commitment to seeing tasks through to completion
- An independent, mature attitude and resilient
- Conflict resolution skills
- Immediate start will be offered to suitable applicant with a 6 month probation period
If you are a well-presented person with high work standards and would like to work part time hours please forward your covering letter, resume and 2 referees to email@example.com au by Friday 1st September 2017.
About Axcess Disability Services
We are a small family orientated business, who highly values our staff as a vital part of our organisation. We provide quality, professional and individualised supports to our clients under their NDIS plan. We are recruiting for qualified, friendly and motivated support workers to join our dynamic care team.
The role of this position:
In this exciting role you will be providing one on one individual support for people living with a disability both within their family home and in their community.
This role includes:
* Assisting people with daily living skills
* Promoting personal independence
* Domestic Assistance - Support with meal time planning and preparation, laundry, home cleaning
* Transport – Social activities, Medical appointments, personal shopping
* Personal Care – Showering, dressing and personal grooming
* Supporting clients to attend their hobbies and place of interests
You will be working with regular clients and have the opportunity to pick up additional shifts. We offer flexible casual hours to fit your lifestyle and maintain a healthy work/life balance.
What you will need to be successful in this role
* Cert III in Disability or Aged Care or minimum AIN (Assistant in Nursing)
* Relevant industry experience (minimum 6 months paid work)
* Current and valid NSW driver’s Licence (minimum P2)
* Reliable registered vehicle with comprehensive insurance
* Working with Children’s check (or willingness to obtain)
* National Police check (or willingness to obtain)
* Smart phone and Internet access
* Current First Aid Certificate (Desirable)
* Good time management and organisational skills
* Proactive, motivated and able to work independently
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Housekeeper required. Be part of our team. Start Immediately. Casual Position. Various days available.
Experience & own car preferred, parking available and included on site.
Duties include: servicing motel rooms, cleaning common areas, setting up and servicing conference room.
Working together with front office to serve guest requirements.
Please send your application to:
An energetic person required for multi tasking in a pasta manufacturing plant. Duties include kitchen duties of an industrial level which include ingredient mixing, packaging, machine operation and cleaning.
Some heavy work. Early start every morning (dawn). This is a casual position leading to full-time permanent employment for the right person. Public transport available close by. Due to the nature of the industry, there are strict regulations in place in regards to WH&S and hygiene standards.
Only people interested in ongoing full-time employment need apply. To apply please fax your resume to (02) 98316833 or email to email@example.com
We require a Cleaner to join our team. This is a casual role, and hours will vary week to week. We are seeking to employ someone with the following attributes and skills:
• Pleasant manner
• Good customer service
• Ability to follow instruction
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Excellent attention to detail
• Presentable and reliable
• Flexibility with availability – our work flow dictates that
we often need to issue jobs at short notice
Previous cleaning experience is preferred. Hourly rate will be dependant on experience. Applications close Sunday 20th August. Please send applications including cover letter to:
RCD Electrical & Air Conditioning are seeking a full-time refrigeration tech to work in the Penrith NSW area working on all brands and models of split and ducted air conditioners.
We mainly service and repair systems with some installation. We are looking for a hard working, on time, polite worker confident on working alone and in a small team.
Please email your interest to Ben
Western Sydney Publishing Group
The Western Weekender is the Penrith region's leading local newspaper. For more than 25 years, it has been the heartbeat of the city - providing a strong mix of news, sport, entertainment and more. The Weekender has been nominated as Newspaper of the Year on three separate occasions.
The Blue Mountains Record is your new independent voice in the Blue Mountains, providing an exciting mix of content for locals from Emu Heights to Katoomba.
Western Sydney Publishing Group currently has two positions available to join our newsroom, based in Penrith.
Both positions are 12 month maternity leave cover positions:
One role commences in October 2017
One role commences in January 2018
Both roles are part-time (four days per week).
If you're somebody who checks the news websites before you've had your morning coffee, never misses the 6pm news and uses social media to catch up on national affairs rather than Kim Kardashian's latest drama, you're who we're looking for!
The successful candidates will write and research stories across a vast range of general local topics. Reporting to the Managing Editor, the successful candidate would write for both print and digital, with a primary focus on our highly regarded print editions.
Skills, attributes and requirements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to produce accurate copy
- Ability to identify and research fresh story angles and ideas
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Strong worth ethic
- A genuine interest in the local, state and national news cycle
- High attention to detail
- The successful candidate must have a car and driver's licence
- Local knowledge of the Penrith and Blue Mountains areas is a definite advantage
This role is open to all experience levels including junior journalists and recent graduates.
Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close Friday, September 8. No phone calls please.
#journalism #mediajobs #penrith #employment #jobs
We are excited to be recruiting a Care Manager for this new role in the Bankstown area.
Our client is an established aged care provider with over 50 years experience. They have grown steadily over this time and have added new facilities to their portfolio. Putting holistic care as their top priority means they have a very bright future ahead.
This care manager role will be located at a large residential facility in the Bankstown area. Although there are high bed numbers, there are also high staff levels.
You will have the opportunity to work alongside other managers/ leadership staff as you discuss ideas and develop new strategies to deliver exceptional care.
You will enjoy this collaborative team environment where you can develop your skills and build upon your management career.
As Care Manager, you will focus on delivering holistic care for residents. You will lead by example as you provide support for the care team, for families and other stakeholders.
Assisting the Facility Manager with operational duties, you will be a key member of the management team.
Skills & Experience required
AHPRA registration (Registered Nurse)
Previous leadership/ management experience within aged care
Ability to lead, mentor and guide care team members
Good knowledge of ACFI and the accreditation process
A passion for delivering high standards of care
Excellent clinical skills
3+ years experience in a DDON / Care Manager role will be desirable
Great communication skills and a friendly manner
YES! We are eager to speak with you about all of the details for this exciting role.
- Monday to Friday permanent Care Manager role
- Opportunity to work in a large facility and develop your skills
- Great management team in place, work alongside like-minded professionals
- Generous salary in the region of $95,000 + Superannuation + salary sacrifice options
- Work for a leading NFP with a long & successful history
Keen to know more? I am always available for a confidential chat and can provide plenty of details, a position description and career advice.
Contact me directly:
Edward Freeman - Aged Care Recruitment Consultant
02 9565 4689 - for a confidential chat
We are excited to announce a fantastic opportunity for a customer focused, experienced casual to join our team at our House store in Penrith!
We are Australia's largest speciality homewares retailer with over 130 stores nationally. Our stores are the only destination for all cooking, baking, entertaining and gift giving essentials. We demonstrate useful product knowledge and practical 'how to' advice to guarantee customer satisfaction.
What we offer:
• A beautiful retail environment to work within
• Opportunity to work with a great range of products
• A dedicated Retail and Support team to assist you behind the scenes
• Regular product and professional development
• Generous staff discount
• Fantastic career opportunities
What we are looking for:
• Retail and Point of Sale experience preferably within the homewares field
• Demonstrated sales experience
• Outstanding communication skills as well as a high standard of personal presentation
• A pro-active and enthusiastic approach to work
• Flexibility with regard to your availability (weekday & weekend work applicable)
• MUST LOVE TO COOK!!!
This is the opportunity you've been looking for
To apply please send your resume and cover letter to David: email@example.com
Working with a great team like Essential Beauty is not only rewarding but a passport to a great career. With Salons in Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth, Brisbane and Sydney, joining the team also means we have a great support network so that we can help you reach your potential.
What makes a great Essential Beauty Team member?
- A professional, confident, enthusiastic approach
- A willingness to serve clients and make each one feel special
- A passion to educate
- Flexible availability which may include a roster requiring you to work weekdays, evenings and weekends
- A professional standard of grooming and presentation
- An ability to work under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Desire to learn and develop self new beauty skills
- Excellent work ethic
- Drive and initiative to achieve business targets and personal targets
Ideally you will have a Diploma of Beauty Therapy or Cert IV qualification and up to 2 years beauty salon experience. You are passionate about beauty and able to work in a fast paced environment. 25+ hours are currently available with more hours available during peak season.
Experience in all aspects of waxing is essential. Body Piercing, IPL / Laser hair removal, Peels, Electrolysis, Microdermabrasion, and Male Waxing will also be highly regarded.
Come and join one of the leaders in the industry. An Essential Beauty therapists receive continuous training and have the opportunity to grow with the company. Once on board, be prepared to embrace our culture of continuous improvement by attending training and refresher courses.
We offer the widest range of beauty services under one salon from waxing to Laser hair removal and safe body piercing.
If you think you have what it takes to be a part of our enthusiastic team, apply now!
Please email your resume and cover letter to-
0422 81 21 70
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Our Rouse Hill office is currently looking for a receptionist.
Full time receptionist role with the option of TAFE training should you be a school leaver or change in career.
Successful applicant will:
- have great written and verbal communication skills
- be computer literate
- have attention to detail.
Your role will be front reception desk duties which include but is not limited to:
- answering and returning phone calls
- making appointments
- scanning and filing
More dutities will arise when more experienced in the role.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Please forward your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are currently looking for a full time factory hand Monday – Friday 7am – 3pm with the possibility of Saturday overtime.
Operating machinery eg: Multicam and Edgebander
Cutting out of cabinets and assembly
General Factory work
Heavy lifting Involved
Skills & Experience:
Truck Licence is Essential
Forklift Licence is Preferred
Experience preferred, but we are willing to train the right person.
Reliable and Punctual
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Bankstown Sports is one of NSW's largest and leading reputable clubs, and is a proud supporter of the local community.
Members and patrons are drawn to our club; as they enjoy a great atmosphere, excellent dining options and exceptional service. With over 65,000 members and 500 employees, Bankstown Sports provides a diverse venue for everyone.
We are currently seeking hard-working and enthusiastic Lobby Attendants, on a part-time basis.
Reporting to the Lobby Coordinator, your primary responsibility will be to welcome all patrons and guests to our Club. The chosen candidate for this role will therefore need to demonstrate enthusiasm; strong communication skills, and a high level of customer care, at all times. As this department operates 24 hours, a flexible approach to a rotating roster is also a must. Previous experience in a similar role is preferred, however not essential.
Your responsibilities include:
- Welcoming and interacting with all members and guests
- Operating the club switchboard, answer and direct all incoming calls and paging of customers over the PA system
- Providing up to date information to members and guests on all club services; in a courteous, friendly manner
- Providing assistance to club customers with transport, entertainment and accommodation requirements
- Processing member applications and renewals
- Handling all escalated customer queries and complaints with diplomacy and refer all problems, along with informative feedback, to the Lobby Coordinator
- Work Health & Safety responsibilities
- Promoting and monitoring a high standard of cleanliness and maintenance
- High level verbal & written communication skills
- Availability to commit to a 24-hour roster; across days, nights and weekends
- Ability to create and maintain relationships and communicate across a broad range of diverse cultures
- Immaculate personal presentation and service
- Articulate telephone etiquette, reflecting a friendly yet professional approach
- Multi-tasking abilities reflecting efficient organisational skills
- Exceptional conflict resolution techniques
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Free secure staff parking
- Flexible working hours
- Growth and career development
If you feel you are ready to take on a new challenge, are passionate about the hospitality industry and you meet the above requirements, we would love to hear from you!
Classic Home Improvements
A large Residential Construction company in Western Sydney is looking for an enthusiastic individual to join their team. This person must be willing to learn, excited to take on new challenges and effectively play a part in our team environment.
The position on offer is an administration position that entails day to day administration work in well cultured office environment. The successful applicant will be trained in all aspects of General Administration.
The primary duties of the successful applicant will involve:
- Day to day paperwork
- Updating/maintaining Registers
- Customer update calls
The Successful applicant must be highly competent in the below:
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word
Please forward your Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
#jobs #positionsvacant #jobsavailable
Shine Bright Early Learning Centre
Shine Bright Early Learning Centre is a new, purpose built educational facility for children ages 2-6 years. We are set to open our doors September 2017. Shine Bright ELC has been modelled to provide a warm and nurturing environment for both children and staff.
Our focus is to provide an interactive and inviting space to allow our kid's minds to grow and develop. At our centre, we believe 'Happy Kids Shine Brighter'!
Based in the heart of Picnic Point, Shine Bright ELC caters for children between the ages of 2 to 6 years. We have three classes in our Centre: a 2-3 year old room, a 3-4 year old- room and a 4-6 year old- room.
The Centre operates between the hours of 7:00am to 6:00pm, Monday to Friday,.
We have ample onsite parking which allows for safe and quick drop-off and pick-up.
We are now looking for a Director to come and join on this exciting new adventure.
If you think you have the following we would love to meet you....
- Leadership credentials in the childcare industry
- A Early Childhood Teaching degree or ACECQA approved equivalent qualification
- Solid understanding of National Quality Framework (NQF)
- Early Years learning Framework (EYLF)
- Child Protection legislation
- Workplace OH&S legislation
- Knowledge of health, hygiene and the nutrition needs of children
- Great communication skills
- Have a proactive and can do attitude
- Proven understanding of administrative functions
- Our salary is negotiable
- You will have the ability to select your own team
- You will have continued support from management
- On site parking
Apply now with your up to date CV: email@example.com
#picnicpoint #jobs #positionsvacant #employment